Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Started the somewhat tedious process of methodical file elimination! Found a file called READER.DAT that caused a reset. Unfortunately this file is automatically created when highlighting text within eReader Pro.

To make matters worse I deleted this file, restored all my other files and to my horror it still reset. I'm starting to think that there isn't an individual file responsible, and perhaps it has something to do with a combination of files, and or the actual size of my Launcher Folder.

I think, at this point, I'll have to throw in the towel and use a separate SD card when I need to look something up and not take advantage of the quick look-up feature.

As a side note, the developer did not bother to reply to me, so they get a big
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I installed all programs and database direct to my card. Also I Installed the sound module and Everything it's ok. Works Great.
    Try sending an email to K.Meniachikhina@penreader.com and see where that gets you. She replied to me when I had problems with my Slovoed a while back.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    FYI... you can also use Google SMS to get definitions and translate English to other languages.

Send a SMS to 46645 with the text:

"help definition" or "help translation" for more info.

Details at http://www.google.com/sms/
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    I actually found the discount code in another thread started by Shneor, so all credit goes to him for that.
    Thanks for the discount code shneor and checkmate. You can't beat the price, especially considering how nice the program is.

One thing I didn't realise until recently was that there is a 'Resident' setting which allows you to bring up the dictionary during other programs with a simple MENU, then BACKSPACE keypress. I thought this was a really great feature.
    I love this feature. It took a few tries to get it working right, but now it's working perfect. Even though there are free dictionary websites for looking up words, it's nice just hitting the menu and backspace and having the dictionary pop up right away.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I'd like to get the resident feature to work also! What am I doing wrong? I checked off the Menu,backspace block (only other blocked checked is the "clipboard to get text" one.
    But when I press menu (above the envelope button) and back space, nothing happens from the various programs I'm in?
    Thx
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Try checking all four boxes under "Kind of resident activation" and see if that gets it to work initially. That's what I did to get it to work the first time. Once I got it working, I unchecked everything except Menu,Backspace and it seems to be ok. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for me until I did this.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Wow StrangeReaction . . . That did the trick! Betcha that one's not in the documentation. You should email the developer with that fix!!!
    Thx
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Try sending an email to K.Meniachikhina@penreader.com and see where that gets you. She replied to me when I had problems with my Slovoed a while back.
    Ah well, still not heard back from them. I did try this email address. Their customer support is a joke
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia
    I read somewhere that it was not compatible with the 650. Actually, when you do a synch the first time coming from an old OS the 650 automatically quarantines the programs that are not compatible so I didn't want to risk trying to install it.
    I use Noah Lite on my Treo 650 fine.

But I'm also using an old version (0.65) from when you could use the 122K word dictionary.
    And an update on the SlovoEd dictionary purchased from Penreader. I bought an Arabic-English/English-Arabic dictionary for a beginning class that I am taking. It is by far the most nearly useless dictionary in either hardcopy or softcopy I have ever come across. It has over 13,000 entries, which sounds like a lot. But it is missing the most baasic words - words like "do", "make", "see", etc. etc.

Naturally, I wanted to let Penreader know my opinion of this software. So I went to their web site and filled out their support form. I received a form response that they were getting too much spam at their email address and I should use the form on their site (which is what I did).

All my other - very useful - dictionaries are Pocket Dict versions. I don't know what Penreader's other dictionaries are like. I like at least one of their language localizations very much. I think they probably contract out each dictionary or localization, just supplying essentially the API to their software without much quality control. I have some useful response from their customer support, but usually it takes forever to get a response. The best response is when you complain to the vendor and they contact Penreader.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    anyone know if there are new discount codes for Slovoed dictionaries?

in search of a huge word database with sound module - thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12