1.    #1  
    I am so happy to report that the Treo with this firmware actually works with the speakerphone in my '06 750Li and '05 X3. No crashes!!

Finally!!!! This issue has really stuck in my craw over the last 8 months or so.
    Did you have the Cingular Treo?

Any hints regarding the upgrade process?
  3.    #3  
    Mine is a Cingular treo 650. It has changed personalities a couple of times now between unbranded and cingular. Prior to changing to 1.43/1.14dbg, I was running the latest Cingular fw/sw at version 1.15.

I used the firmware that is listed in the forums here and upgraded off an SD card.

I've used it a lot since posting on Saturday and it works great. The favorites transfer just fine. The only twitches are:

* I've seen is that the phone lights up every couple of minutes for no apparent reason. So, battery drain while linked up with the car may be higher than normal standby.

* A few calls don't seem to terminate properly. The treo shows no call activity while the 750Li's bt module shows the call is still active (i.e., the radio doesn't come back on and the little speaker icon shows on the car's display). I've cleared this by making and then immediately cancelling a call using the Treo.
    Has anyone had success with the above phone and pairing with a 5 Series. Everytime that I get in the car the phone continues to reset.

If I catch it fast enough I can make a call through the car, but as soon as I hang up it continues to reset.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cartfan1000
    Has anyone had success with the above phone and pairing with a 5 Series. Everytime that I get in the car the phone continues to reset.

If I catch it fast enough I can make a call through the car, but as soon as I hang up it continues to reset.
    I'd be willing to bet that some of your Favorite numbers (the 50 favorites) have additional numbers after the phone number. Remove these and you should be fine.

Remember, it will only transfer your favorites so no need to remove these extended entries on every number.
    Thank you for the great information!!!! This worked and I am now loving it.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by cartfan1000; 11/26/2005 at 02:50 PM.
    OK, I've read about the fixes in the firmware but can't seem to find them on the forum. Can someone direct me to this? My Treo 650 only loops connect/disconnects -- it worked briefly for a week and then stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3adb33f
    I am so happy to report that the Treo with this firmware actually works with the speakerphone in my '06 750Li and '05 X3. No crashes!!
    Finally!! That was the only thing holding me back from buying a 750 AND an X3. That and the money. Seriously, nice rides - I have a 3-series myself and it rocks if you like to drive.
    As an update...after hours talking to Cingular-PalmOne-Cingular, etc., they finally relented and sent me a new 650 Treo...and who would have thought? it fixed the problem!!