1.    #1  
    This is a real question. I need to convert a DVD movie to AVI. A while back, I took two of my DVDs and made AVIs out of them to copy to my Treo 650. At the time, I did not use Pocket DVD Studio. The programs I have, and may have used are

DVD Fab Lite
    Img Tool
    DVD Decrypter

I also have Smart Movie converter. What are the steps with these tools that could get me an AVI?
    I use Pocket DVD which I think DVD Encrypter is the equivalent. After I encode with Pocket DVD, I run the .avi file through SmartMovie Converter. This usually gets the file size down to around 200mb and has great quality.

I encode with Pocket DVD at a high resolution. Don't recall right off without looking. But, I do this so if I decided to I can watch the movie on my laptop at full screen with good resolution. That file is usually around 2GB. Large, but quality is excellent. I sometimes carry my laptop on trips and having the good quality gives me a movie to watch in my hotel when there's nothing else on.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I use Fair Use Wizard. All in one program, simple to use
    treo.discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=91697
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.