1.    #1  
    Curious.... I don't use versamail. Instead, I have gotten use to Cingular's xpressmail. To free up space on the Treo, can you delete versamail?
    If I'm not mistaken, yes.
    Yes and No. Versamail is in ROM and therefore can not be deleted unless you have JackSprat/Flash.....
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Remember, removing it from ROM does not free up any more space of RAM. The only way you actually get more storage space is if you use a custom ROM and replace Versamail with something you have installed in RAM. Otherwise, you just get rid of a nuisance but not gain any space.
    I don't care about getting more space....just want to blankety blank program OFF the treo. Have a locked Cingular GSM unit. A little techno challenged so detailed help would be much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers
    I don't care about getting more space....just want to blankety blank program OFF the treo. Have a locked Cingular GSM unit. A little techno challenged so detailed help would be much appreciated!
    Based upon the above "little techno challenged" comment: Don't mess with it. JackSprat/JackFlash are good programs for the expert. But can cause irrepairable damage if not used correctly. Leave Versamail there and just move it out of the main window by setting it to a different category or by using some other launcher.

If you are "little techno challenged" you do not - not want to mess with spratting or flashing - I'm currently helping someone on another forum that thought he was an expert. And based upon that thread - he's going to have to send his T3 to Palm for a full ROM flash because he mucked it up.

But if you want to try - then just google JackSprat and it'll result in a link to Brayder's web site where you can.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Yes and No. Versamail is in ROM and therefore can not be deleted unless you have JackSprat/Flash.....
    Can you even use these with NVFS? (or even the 600 for that matter) I always thought no.

Anyways coppertop, try Obfuscate It'll hide the icon. Versa is in ROM, so you're not using available memory anyways. There are other reasons to ditch it, but if you just want it out of the way, use Obfuscate.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Can you even use these with NVFS? (or even the 600 for that matter) I always thought no.
    As usual Insertion, you are correct. Brayder doesn't make it yet for NVFS but I had some econversations awhile back while testing MemoryJack....quick double check of the web site and still not available for NVFS.

My bad.
    Moose Man
    If, like me, you're not adventurous enough to install a custom ROM, then the best you can do is to hide the icons of ROM programs. There are a few choices for programs which do this, including Obfuscate from PocketScience and ROM Hide Panel, a preference panel which appears to have been included on certain Clie models.

I used Obfuscate for a long time but recently switched to ROM Hide Panel because Obfuscate was constantly losing its settings each time my 650 soft reset. No such problem with ROM Hide Panel. YMMV.

I'm currently hiding the (stupid) Quick Tour, Welcome, Versamail, Bluetooth, Security, SIM Book and SIM Srvcs, so I'm trading off seven icons for one. Why Quick Tour is in ROM and not RAM is beyond my comprehension, but it seems to be an almost universal desire amongst Palm owners to want to delete it.
    Thank you so much...I did the google thing and decided that NO WAY was I going to try that one!

The problem I am having is if I hot sync before I check my email the versamail transfers the email to the treo....and then VersaMail resets the treo if I try and use it! So...I just don't use it...no biggie to me...but kind of a pain.

Guess I will live with it...but thanks for all the great feedback....
    Just turn the hotsync for Versamail to Do Nothing......might solve the issue.
    Moose Man
    coppertop this is very fixable wether you make a rom or not, did you get your problem fixed?