1.    #1  
    Hey All

I'm a New Treo 650 user, and I can't find a way to change the Amount of Rings before the Phone sends to Voice Mail. Right Now its at 3 rings and I'd like it set to at least 10 Rings. I'm on T-Mobile Pay As You Go if that matters(want to try the different services before I select one).

Thanks!!!

Brad
    Last edited by bgotori; 11/12/2005 at 12:09 AM.
    I think this depends on T-mobile's settings, if you mean the length of time the phone will ring for. Chosing shorter ring tones could make the phone ring 10 times but that doesnt really change anything other than how it sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgotori
    Hey All

I'm a New Treo 650 user, and I can't find a way to change the Amount of Rings before the Phone sends to Voice Mail. Right Now its at 3 rings and I'd like it set to at least 10 Rings. I'm on T-Mobile Pay As You Go if that matters(want to try the different services before I select one).

Thanks!!!

Brad
    This might point you in the right direction...

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBERRYCOOL
    Change The Number Of Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBERRYCOOL

Here is a useful tip if you always keep on missing phone calls because it takes you too long answer because you’re fumbling in your pockets to get your Blackberry. On some providers you can change the number of rings before your voice mail answers.

Bell Mobility: *94 +(number of rings, ie 5 for 5 rings) and send.
    T-Mobile UK: **61*44051(insert your tell number here starting with the 7)**25# - 25 is the highest value.
    T-Mobile US: **61*18056377243**XX# - where XX equals time in seconds
    Vadofone Australia: **61*011308980*11*nn#
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    If that doesn't work call your service provider.
    On your phone dial:

*61*+1XXXXXXXXXX*11*tt#

Where XXXXXXXXXX is your market's VM number (it's definitely NOT your own cellular phone number) and tt is the time in seconds you want the phone to ring for. I believe valid range is 1-30!

This one guaranteed works for Cingular. It should work for all GSM carriers as I believe it is a "core GSM" function.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    On your phone dial:

*61*+1XXXXXXXXXX*11*tt#

Where XXXXXXXXXX is your market's VM number (it's definitely NOT your own cellular phone number) and tt is the time in seconds you want the phone to ring for. I believe valid range is 1-30!

This one guaranteed works for Cingular. It should work for all GSM carriers as I believe it is a "core GSM" function.
    It didnt work on my carrier...Rogers in Canada.
  7.    #7  
    Hey Big_OTR_Fan

Thanks, but it didn't work, but I think thats for BlackBerry's Only.

Thanks Again!!!

Brad
  8.    #8  
    Hey aprasad

What's a VM number, and Where do I Find It??? I'm With T-Mobile USA

Thanks!!!

Brad
    I found out from some people that this depends on your carrier and if they allow you to change it. The GSM protocol does have this *61*+1XXXXXXXXXX*11*tt# command mentioned above but some carriers have messed around with other features (voicemail in my case) so that it doesnt work anymore.
  10.    #10  
    Hey rye&ginger

I tried that 61*** thing and T-Mobile has it Blocked... Oh Well... Guess they want me to use my minutes...hahaha

Thanks!!!

Brad