1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a Treo next Friday--that's the first day Verizon will allow me to upgrade. I'm trying to figure some stuff out in advance, when I have time, so the transition will be easy.

I'm not sure yet if I will want Missing Sync. It seems like the Palm Desktop might be fine for my purposes, even though I am used to iCal and Mac AddressBook...the switch shouldn't be too hard, but I want to try it.

So I have no Palm device right now, but I DL'ed and installed the current Palm Desktop. My first issue is getting the data from iCal and AddressBook into the Palm program, so I can play around with it. I can't figure it out easily, though. The export commmands in the Mac Apps output .ics files and icbu files, which the Palm Desktop doesn't want to import.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Just stick with MissingSync. I had my doubts, but I don't have Palm Desktop on my nice, pristine, PowerBook— and it works perfectly.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. It's nice to know I can get good functionality if I buy that software. Still, it would be nice to try the Pam Desktop, because if it's good enough for my purposes, I can save the money by not buying Missing Sync.

I still can't figure out how to move data from OSX PIMs to Palm Desktop. Shouldn't this be trivial?