1.    #1  
    Hello. I search the forum, and downloaded a trial of Lightwave because I want to be able to assign a ringtone to a contact or series of contacts, ie individual ringers for friends, business contacts get one ringer, you get the idea. Like an audible caller ID, I don't have to look at the phone.

Lightwave seems to be able to assign a ringer, but it appears that I have to select "new", re-enter the phone number, and then assign a ringer to it. Too many steps, and I don't want to have to chew my oatmeal twice.

What I want is a program that will, in essence, patch the contact edit page and just let me select my ringtone from a list. Entering the phone numbers again for 100+ contacts is a pain.

Any ideas? This was so much simpler on my Sanyo 4900.

Thanks
    Try mRing - here at the Treo Software Store.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    ^^^ I second that. mRing is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgehammer

Any ideas? This was so much simpler on my Sanyo 4900.

Thanks
    Of course it was simpler...they gave that phone away for free! But could you watch a full length movie and listen to internet radio on your Sanyo 4900....I didn't think so.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    Of course it was simpler...they gave that phone away for free! But could you watch a full length movie and listen to internet radio on your Sanyo 4900....I didn't think so.
    Actually, not at first. It also had the best reception bar none of any sprint phone I have ever had. (Don't just take my word for it, look it up!)

No, you couldn't do those things, but the battery also lasted five days with moderate talking, had an analog radio in case of emergencies, and a bunch of other cool things. In fact, if it had BT, I would chuck the Treo and go with a Palm Tungsten TX instead.

So mRing is the choice? I will check it out. I think the folks at Palm need to patch the phone app and add a couple of features to it. (Like adding a new number to existing contacts without having to copy and paste.)