1.    #1  
    I have received an unlock code for the 650 from Cingular and when I use the code to unlock the phone it tells me that the phone has been unlocked, however when I try to use the phone outside the US (Hong Kong) with a new (local-HK) sim card, the phone tells me that it will not accept it. I have called Cingular a number of times and seems they are clueless. Can anyone tell me what the problem is or how I can fix this?
    If it cannot accept any other SIM, it is still locked to Cingular.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BHSPAI
    I have received an unlock code for the 650 from Cingular and when I use the code to unlock the phone it tells me that the phone has been unlocked, however when I try to use the phone outside the US (Hong Kong) with a new (local-HK) sim card, the phone tells me that it will not accept it. I have called Cingular a number of times and seems they are clueless. Can anyone tell me what the problem is or how I can fix this?
    Call Cingular again 1-866-490-2666, ask for "special technical support team for treo and Blackberry", then after talking awhile with them, you will be pass to warranty dept. (1-800-810-1101) in order to exchange a replacement one. I have the same situation, the tech support says after 5 times entering the wrong unlock code, the device is locked permanently to Cingular.
    If you are out warranty, you can try unlock service on ebay for $18. (considering the time spending with them as a implicit cost)
    Last edited by treoluv; 11/12/2005 at 01:36 AM.