1.    #1  
    oops... i accidentally deleted this post
    Last edited by clomeli; 12/14/2005 at 08:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Don't have the solution for you but I have had the same experience. Today it was ridiculous and I was certain it was that something was stuck in the screen under the sides of the case. I have had this happen before where I could not properly use the digitizer. Today I took the phone case off, cleaned the area under the case where the screen is and then reassembled. Have not had a problem yet but it has only been a few hours. Good luck. Others have tried to fix by using a post it or edge of a paper and sweep the screen debris clear under the front case part where the screen and the case meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by clomeli
    This has started happening over the last 2 weeks. I have a Treo 600 from Sprint and as of late it has been having No Service issues.

Not so much while already speaking to someone, but more so while trying to dial a call.

While having 4 bars and in Sprint mode (not roaming), I try to connect a call and all my phone does is freeze for a few seconds then hangs itself up and displays "no service" on the top left corner. No service with 4 bars? I sometimes, while not thinking about it, will dial a number and hold the phone near my ear only to wait like 5-7 seconds then when I look at the screen again, its displaying the dial pad again as if I never tried to dial out.

At times, yes, it will drop a few calls when I am already speaking to someone, but this happens very rarely. It is more of a problem when trying to dial out.

I have also noticed that at times when my phone is receiving an incoming call it will ring just 2 maybe 3 times then go straight into missed call. Sometimes I am even trying to hit the answer call button and it wont answer the call, it will go into the missed call screen.

This is becoming frustrating. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
    Try making testcalls with the T600 connected to the cradle.

If the calls dial properly and connect properly in the cradle and fail like you've described when off the cradle and solely on battery it points to a battery or battery connector problem.

I can elaborate if your test proves it's power related.
    I had the same "no service" problem with my Sprint Treo 600 after it was 14 months old. I replaced the battery with one that I bought from www.pdaparts.com, and my phone has been working properly for the last 11 months with the new battery. I'm not certain that pdaparts is still selling batteries, but you can do a search of this forum for other suppliers. This problem has been covered in numerous threads.
    You can find batteries on ebay for under $20 shipped, it's not a very difficult repair and I'd bet anyone capable of operating a Treo600 should be technical enough to change it successfully. You'll need an uncommon T6 Torx head screwdriver to open it; I found a .050 allen wrench works too, but there are kits on ebay that come with the T6 too if you need it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74863
    I've had this happen tons of times on every T600 I've had. These things aren't made to well for a $600 phone.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have the exact same problem. Lately it has been a little better, but for a few days it was happening so much I thought my phone was broken beyond the ability to use it. I did notice that it happened more often when turning on the speaker phone. The thought that it is a voltage problem might go along with that, but it is also possible it is a problem with sprint service towers/network.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker911
    I have the exact same problem. Lately it has been a little better, but for a few days it was happening so much I thought my phone was broken beyond the ability to use it. I did notice that it happened more often when turning on the speaker phone. The thought that it is a voltage problem might go along with that, but it is also possible it is a problem with sprint service towers/network.

I replaced the batter on my older Treo 600 and it worked fine after that. My sister uses this now and it works perfect. I haven't had any problems at all with my newer one.
    Last edited by clomeli; 12/14/2005 at 08:43 PM.
  9.    #9  
    oh another thing...

I started getting these battery related problems only after I once flushed the batter completely. My theory is on batteries like this... NEVER FLUSH YOUR BATTERY COMPLETELY! Always try to keep it charged above at least 20%. If you're ever on low battery.. re charge immediately. Once a battery is flushed completely, it will never be the same and will drain a lot faster ever when fully charged.

I know this is true with batteries in camcorders, digital cameras and cordless phones so I'm guessing this applies somewhat to our T600 and T650 batteries.

my $ .o2
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Try making testcalls with the T600 connected to the cradle.

If the calls dial properly and connect properly in the cradle and fail like you've described when off the cradle and solely on battery it points to a battery or battery connector problem.

I can elaborate if your test proves it's power related.

I am having this exact same problem. It works fine when it is connected to the cradle. What should I do?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark3397
    I am having this exact same problem. It works fine when it is connected to the cradle. What should I do?
    as stated above, replace your t600 battery for a new one. ebay is your best bet at under $20 which includes the "tool" to open up your phone.
    I am wondering if there is any link between that and sprints service? I replaced my battery a couple months ago and just recently I have had some problems connecting to sprints vision.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    My 600 does it too after a week or so after I have opened it for the same problem. Repositioning the battery seems to help but then the problem resurfaces. I think that the battery moves in the case just enough to cause this as I have tried to recreate the problem with the case open by twisting and turning the connector to no avail.