Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just checking in to see if there is a headset that is equal or even beats the noise cancellation of the sony hbh-300 or the logitech mobile pro headset.

Preferrably something a little smaller and sleeker. I've tried the plantronics voyager 510, treo wireless headset, and the motorola (garbage tiny one). As well as the jabra 250.

None come even close to the sony or logitech. They both give you that "i'm in the office" sound even when in the car. I use the sony more now since it fits better in the pocket, since it's slim, but it's a bit long. But the 10 hour talk time (which I'm not so sure is accurate, but get's me thru 2 days of lots of calls) is awesome. The logitech, my wife now uses.

I'm still waiting for www.theboom.com to come out with a bluetooth one. This is still the defacto best noise cancelling headset on the market!
    I thought I might give "theBoom" company my two cents, per your wishful thinking, which I support. I got this back in reply:

"Steven,

We are currently developing a bluetooth version, and expect it to be avail around Feb-Mar 06.

Best,
    Kevin
    theBoom Customer Service
    888-230-3300
    customerservice@theboom.com"

It gives me hope to fight on!
  3.    #3  
    Still looking, but for now, the HBH-300 is the king.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    Still looking, but for now, the HBH-300 is the king.
    I agree, especially since the 1.17 Cingular upgrade. It really improved my bluetooth performance. No sign of "TheBoom" bluetooth headset, so the HBH-300 stays. My neighbor's daughter says I look like I work at Wendy's or teach aerobics with it on in the car, (smart *** sorority brat) but I will endure the slings and arrows for good sound. I least I don't look like Lando Calresian's assistant in Empire Strikes back, with the flashing lights on his headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    I thought I might give "theBoom" company my two cents, per your wishful thinking, which I support. I got this back in reply:

"Steven,

We are currently developing a bluetooth version, and expect it to be avail around Feb-Mar 06.

Best,
    Kevin
    theBoom Customer Service
    888-230-3300
    customerservice@theboom.com"

It gives me hope to fight on!

Don't hold your breath. I ordered a headset from them in August with an anticipated ship date of mid-September. They have changed the promised ship date at least 6 times since than. It's now December, and it still hasn't shipped. They may come out with a BT headset, it just won't be when promised.

In fairness to them, I think they are a small company without the leverage of a major manufacturer to force suppliers to meet deadlines. They have always been pleasant to deal with on the phone and prompt to respond to emails.

Also, I have given up on BT. In my business, I can't afford any decrease in sound quality while on the phone. I've been using the theBoom "O" for the last month while I wait for the new one to arrive. IT IS AWSOME!
  6.    #6  
    You might be surprised with the HBH-300. It's 80% of the boom. However, now i'm back to the boom when i work at the home office (I have a 5 month old). And even when he cries in the same room, i'm ok on the boom....

The hbh-300 is the headset I recommend to everyone if they don't mind the size. I do sometimes need a little more volume, but I blame the treo for that.
  7.    #7  
    Has anyone compared the hbh-300 with the hbh-660? I like the smaller form factor, but want to know outgoing sound quality.
    Has anyone compared the hbh-300 with the hbh-660? I like the smaller form factor, but want to know outgoing sound quality.
    The HBH-300 has slightly better outgoing sound quality than the 660 and 662. Incoming sound quality is about the same. I use a 300 in the car and a 662 everywhere else.
    I have both, and find that the 300 has better sound quality for both incoming and outgoing, longer battery life, and is more comfortable. With a windscreen on the boom, the HBH-300 is also much better out doors. I'm not sure one could get a windscreen on the 660 and get it to stay for any length of time. Two advantages I see to the 660 were the display to see how much power is left (Caller ID, although nice in theory, I found useless), and the smaller size and weight. Bottom line: I use my 300 everyday for business calls, and the 660 sits in the drawer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laugh_OH
    Don't hold your breath. I ordered a headset from them in August with an anticipated ship date of mid-September. They have changed the promised ship date at least 6 times since than. It's now December, and it still hasn't shipped. They may come out with a BT headset, it just won't be when promised.

In fairness to them, I think they are a small company without the leverage of a major manufacturer to force suppliers to meet deadlines. They have always been pleasant to deal with on the phone and prompt to respond to emails.

Also, I have given up on BT. In my business, I can't afford any decrease in sound quality while on the phone. I've been using the theBoom "O" for the last month while I wait for the new one to arrive. IT IS AWSOME!
    Ditto

I am at this moment researching the Shure Quite Spot. I may have to cancell my boom order.
    I had the 300 (sold it) and have a 662 now. my 662 has a louder volume, but the 300 by far was better for outgoing calls. The noise cancelling works wonders on the 300! Also, I was able to get a windscreen to stay on the 662.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Is the HBH-300 better (and smaller?) than the Logitech Mobile Pro (which is what I've been using and liking)? Can you put the Treo in your front left pocket and have no static with the HBH-300 on your right ear?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  13.    #13  
    i can have the treo in my left pocket and the hbh-300 in my right ear with no static.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Is the HBH-300 better (and smaller?) than the Logitech Mobile Pro (which is what I've been using and liking)? Can you put the Treo in your front left pocket and have no static with the HBH-300 on your right ear?
    I never had a problem with the 300 and static, whether the phone was in my coat pocket, in my car while I was outside of it pumping gas, or across the room. The only problem I had was full functionality before the 1.17 upgrade. Before the update, you needed to pair the phone while it still said "Unnamed Audio Device," or you wouldn't get seamless immediate pickup of outgoing and incoming calls without pressing a button on the headset. It would also loose pairing on a soft reset. Since my Treo doesn't soft reset any more, and they upgraded the bluetooth functionality, both these issues are resolved and this is a nearly perfect headset.
    Does the HBH-300 do redial?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  16.    #16  
    i haven't been able to figure it out if it does.... it would be cool if it could.

But i'm pretty sure it can't.
  17. kgw
    i haven't been able to figure it out if it does.... it would be cool if it could.

But i'm pretty sure it can't.
    Between the HBH 300 and logitech mobile pro which do you think gives the best noise reduction?
  18.    #18  
    About the same. Both are excellent. You definitely need a wind screen on both of them though, I would recommend it on all headsets.

But yeah, I've done A/B tests in my car, outside, etc.. and they are pretty identical.
    Where can you pick up a windscreen for these? The one that came with my logitech mobile pro is worn through. Also, size/sleekness-wise, how do the two compare? I haven't seen an HBH-300 up close. Does it have redial capability like the mobile pro (you hold down the volume button and it redials) and how is the sound on my side (the mobile pro is a little too quiet, especially in the car with the top down)? Thanks.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Many of us use a wind screen picked up from a local Radio Shack, and modified it to suit the need of a particular headset.

The HBH300 does not have redial. Atleast as far as I know...

IHMO the 300 looks much cleaner then the mobile pro. With a jabra ear gel on the 300 (like my HBH662), the volume is absolutely clear even at it's lowest settings. And the 300+jabra I have found this to be THE MOST STABLE headset it terms of when I am on the move (eg, physically running when most other headsets would easily pop out). Also, what I found to be interesting is how much easier it became to put on my HBH300+jabra compared to putting on the mobile pro or mobile freedom.

Also having both the HBH 300 and 662, I can cut down on the amount of chargers I have to tote around on trips as SonyEricsson use the same charging connector across many of their phones and headsets - a lesson Logitech needs to get a clue on. I have since ditched both my mobile pro and mobile freedom headsets.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast