Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I used a windscreen that I had from my www.theboom.com the nice thing is that it had adhesive backing to it and was very small. it's like a strip of a windscreen rather than a full sock. so it just wraps over where the mic and the opposite noise cancellation hole is.

I agree with the charger comparison. The logitech is HUGE, larger than an oakley sunglass case. I like the charging stand of the hbh-300.

As for volume. The logitech is loud, the hbh-300 is slightly louder with the eargel. But with window down in the car, I wish I could get it louder. sometimes it is hard to hear on noisy environments, but it might be the other person on the other end not speaking loudly enough. Plus palm itself has a lousy volume issue on the bluetooth.
  2. kgw
    Quote Originally Posted by patord
    Many of us use a wind screen picked up from a local Radio Shack, and modified it to suit the need of a particular headset.

The HBH300 does not have redial. Atleast as far as I know...

IHMO the 300 looks much cleaner then the mobile pro. With a jabra ear gel on the 300 (like my HBH662), the volume is absolutely clear even at it's lowest settings. And the 300+jabra I have found this to be THE MOST STABLE headset it terms of when I am on the move (eg, physically running when most other headsets would easily pop out). Also, what I found to be interesting is how much easier it became to put on my HBH300+jabra compared to putting on the mobile pro or mobile freedom.

Also having both the HBH 300 and 662, I can cut down on the amount of chargers I have to tote around on trips as SonyEricsson use the same charging connector across many of their phones and headsets - a lesson Logitech needs to get a clue on. I have since ditched both my mobile pro and mobile freedom headsets.
    Which Jabra ear gels do you use with the hbh 300?
    Quote Originally Posted by kgw
    bump
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by kgw
    The same purple one that has spawned countless and constantly repeated threads when used on the HBH 662... guess only a few of us use it on the HBH 300 as well.
    OK. Just got the HBH-300 and here are some thoughts. When I make a call there is a strange sound and a loud sound that is annoying before it connects and when it disconnects. Is this normal? Ouch! Also, it does not allow for redial like the Logitech Mobile Pro. It is nice and slimmer than the Logitech. The part that holds it on the ear is huge though. It's not as easy to get on as the Logitech. Sound tests are still being made here but so far people say it sounds clear. I got this as a demo buy so I can't tell if it's fully charged or not and the directions are HORRIBLE with the HBH-300.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    The 300 has an audible tone to alert you to call connects and disconnects. Some have said its too loud for their tastes. I have not had issues with it.

As per one of my posts in this thread, I said the 300 did not have redail. So that is definitely is one thing the logitech won on.

The earloop contains the battery so it is larger then almost any other headset. For some people it may not fit the contours of their ears/head... as comfortable as they would like. For me personally, it is fine and after using for a while putting it on is 2nd nature to me. Sony's directions they include with their HBH headsets are a challenge to read through, so I agree with you on that.

If you find you don't like your 300, I'll take it off your hands...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12