1.    #1  
    Is there an application out there that will let me view all files, apps etc on an expansion card. For some reason I have formatted the card on the phone and it keeps telling me that there is 240 Megs out of 256 but when I try and move a file to the card, I get there is not enough space. Also to be able to format the card and free up space on it. Very frustrating. Any suggestions would be great. TIA!!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Try FileZ; it's freeware and is a must-have for a variety of reasons. You can also use Card Export II (trial available) to plug up to your PC and use your Treo as a card reader.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    www.nosleep.net

Download
    FileZ

While you are there -- if you have a student in your life -- check out Due Yesterday. My 9th grader uses it on her Zire 71. Great little program.

Cheers, Perry
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info all. I found someone with a card reader and was able to do what I needed. I will still need to download the app. Once again, thanks!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    www.nosleep.net

Download
    FileZ

While you are there -- if you have a student in your life -- check out Due Yesterday. My 9th grader uses it on her Zire 71. Great little program.

Cheers, Perry
    Thanks Perry I think I'll make good use of Due Yesterday myself.

P.S. fileZ is good for free but Resco Explorer is only 15 bucks and it allows you to zip/unzip files, beam anything from anywhere, copy or move any number of files, it has an excellent backup utility built in, it can reside on the card, and as far as I know its the only way to edit the saved preference file and its use of the 5way in navigating through the file structures is awesome!
    Thanks Tem! I will check out Resco Explorer!

Cheers, Perry.
    pop it into your desktop reader.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, I think I am going to have to get a card reader. I am using Pocket DVD Studio to make videos to watch on the treo. For some reason when I try to sync the file onto the card, it tells me the card is full. When I go to my buddies machine and put the file on the card, I am not able to find it on the card once its in the treo. I am lost...
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Palm uses a specific directory structure for a SD Card:

Memory Card Directories

/AUDIO/ .ogg .mp3 files

/DCIM/ pictures jpeg files

/PALM/launcher/ . prc & .pdb files
    /PALM/programs/

Do not put files in the root directory. This directory is for OS files. It can only accept so many files. If you put too many files here, the card will act full, when it is not.

I believe video files should go in the DCIM folder.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/13/2005 at 07:35 PM.