Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have an out of warranty 600 with a blown speaker. I can take the phone apart and replace the speaker, but I can't seem to find any good specs on the speaker. Did Palm publish this type of information? Has anyone else purchased a replacement speaker and installed it themselves? I searched through a lot of threads on blown speakers and was unable to find anyone who replaced just the speaker.

Thoughts?
    You can order a replacement here.

I suppose you can rummage around a Radio Shack or some other electronic parts store and maybe try and match it up. the main thing you need to worry about (besides physical size) is matching the impedance (32 ohms for the Treo speaker.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You can order a replacement here.
    I suppose you can rummage around a Radio Shack or some other electronic parts store and maybe try and match it up. the main thing you need to worry about (besides physical size) is matching the impedance (32 ohms for the Treo speaker.)
    Thanks a lot! I found the EXTERNAL speaker at http://performancepda.zoovy.com/c=i3.../TREO600RINGER.

$15 shipped isn't bad when I compare the alternative.

Thanks!