1.    #1  
    My wife has had this phone for about a month and it's had nothing but problems... It started to go into Roam mode even though she was in the covered area (she was at home and it was still in roaming) andit wouldn't recieve or send calls.. So I took it up to a Sprint Store and it took them 45 mins to supposedly fix it... Well a week later it's still messing up.. You have to dial the number about 10x for it to dial it everytime you use the phone.. The other times it won't recieve calls even though it's not in roaming which it should never be. Is this a known problem with this phone? And is there a fix? Hopefully Sprint Store will take it back without a reciept......
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Hard to say without more info. Sorry if some Q's are answered by your profile, but I'm in mobile mode right now.

Where do you live? Do you have another phone w/ Sprint, and if so, how does it compare? Have you tried reprovisioning? How about a hard reset? Do you have digital roaming enabled? Do you have the latest ROM?

Even if nothing works, I'd try exchanging the phone before you give up on it.
    Last edited by kvcobra; 11/11/2005 at 04:27 PM. Reason: I'm blind
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by danieloneil01
    My wife has had this phone for about a month and it's had nothing but problems... It started to go into Roam mode even though she was in the covered area (she was at home and it was still in roaming) andit wouldn't recieve or send calls.. So I took it up to a Sprint Store and it took them 45 mins to supposedly fix it... Well a week later it's still messing up.. You have to dial the number about 10x for it to dial it everytime you use the phone.. The other times it won't recieve calls even though it's not in roaming which it should never be. Is this a known problem with this phone? And is there a fix? Hopefully Sprint Store will take it back without a reciept......
    I don't think the people at the stores know anything except how to sell you a phone plan. Otherwise they don't make money. Have you hit 'menu - options - select band' in the phone mode? My wife's phone was sent to us in the wrong mode and had to be changed to automatic. Mine gives me the choice of "automatic A, automatic B or home". I'm on Verizon and it's A, so I have mine on automatic A. Find out what Sprint is and set to it. I have seen other Verizon 650s with only two choices, 'automatic and home'. Whatever you have if you're in the wrong one, you can be roaming if not on your network.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    I don't think the people at the stores know anything except how to sell you a phone plan. Otherwise they don't make money.
    Amen, brother.
    Have you hit 'menu - options - select band' in the phone mode? My wife's phone was sent to us in the wrong mode and had to be changed to automatic. Mine gives me the choice of "automatic A, automatic B or home". I'm on Verizon and it's A, so I have mine on automatic A. Find out what Sprint is and set to it. I have seen other Verizon 650s with only two choices, 'automatic and home'. Whatever you have if you're in the wrong one, you can be roaming if not on your network.
    Sprint phones (at least mine) don't seem to have this option. All I can do as far as the phone network is enable/disable digital roaming. I suspect that provisioning the phone should set the mode correctly, but I could be wrong.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  5.    #5  
    I have Sprint and the phone only has the option to change the Roaming to digital... I live in Laporte, TX which has a gigantic range for the plan... My wife had an old phone with Sprint for 2yrs (SPC-8100S) and it worked like a charm all the time... The people at the Sprint store better know what their doing because they have Techs in the back working on phones all the time... But I think all they did was reset it... My wife threw away the reciept and hopefully the bank statement is good enough.. I think she wants to get rid of it and get a cheaper flip phone with them... I talked her into getting this 400 piece of crap and I'm paying for it....

There's always atleast 3 bars for the signal but it still doesn't dial all the time and same goes with the internet...