1.    #1  
    I bought some clear Jabra ear gels at Radio Shack today but they don't fit the headset. All three sizes just fall off.

Are there more than one type of ear gel?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    There is a multipack with blue, purple and green. Most people, I think are using the purple, with a few exceptions of people using the blue. I had to doa search online which store near me carried the colored gels, then traveled about 20 miles to the store (impatient and didn't want to wait for mail order).
  3.    #3  
    So I guess I got the wrong ones.

What store has them?
  4.    #4  
    Well I went ahead and orderded these. Hope they're the right ones.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Those look like the right ones. I found mine at Best Buy. The purple with the small flaps is working great. I had to go to 3 different Best Buy stores to find them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    So I guess I got the wrong ones.

What store has them?
    I bought the clear ones from Radio Shack as well and they fit just fine for me. I'm using the medium, it was a bit tight getting on but hasn't come off since.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by therf
    I bought the clear ones from Radio Shack as well and they fit just fine for me. I'm using the medium, it was a bit tight getting on but hasn't come off since.
    Wow.

I can't see how they'd ever stay on. It's not even close to fitting.

Anyway I ordered the other ones. Hope to have them soon.
    At first I didn't think they would fit either. After a few tries I put the eargel on rotated 90 degrees from the way I actually wanted it -- so the small extensions would fit on the non-slanted part of the 662 earpiece. Once I had it in place I twisted it to the spot where I wanted it. Has stayed put ever since.
    I understand there are 3 styles of gels. 2 colored & 1 clear. I've got a set of colored (from previous headsets) & a set of clear (from RS). Both sets appear to come from the same mold, and neither set fits. The openings to fit on the set are all the same size, regardless of the "ear size". None fit. From this forum (search), I hear there is a third set from Jabra, available from Best Buy. Haven't gotten them yet (I'm in Katrina area), so I don't know if they'll fit (they're supposed to have the 3 flaps at the opening that would mount on the headset.
  10.    #10  
    I ordered the ones from Jabra. They actually come from "Hello Direct." I'll let you, once I get them, how they compare to the ones from Radio Shack.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter
    I understand there are 3 styles of gels. 2 colored & 1 clear. I've got a set of colored (from previous headsets) & a set of clear (from RS). Both sets appear to come from the same mold, and neither set fits. The openings to fit on the set are all the same size, regardless of the "ear size". None fit. From this forum (search), I hear there is a third set from Jabra, available from Best Buy. Haven't gotten them yet (I'm in Katrina area), so I don't know if they'll fit (they're supposed to have the 3 flaps at the opening that would mount on the headset.
    Assuming we have the same eargels from RS, you should be able to get them on securely. Are you having problems getting the opening around the earpiece or having problems with it falling off?

At first it didn't seem like there was any chance in h*ll of them fitting, but after a few minutes I got them on. Being as anal as I can be, after a few days I cut the 2 small extensions off the sides (for aesthetic reasons only) using a razor and they are still on securely.

I'd snap some pics but I don't have the headset with me right now.
    The ones I have have no 'extensions' on the sides. I've been able to get them all the way on, and usable at that point. But over the course of a day or so, in and out of my pocket, it starts coming off. I don't think the cavity in the gel is deep enough. When I manage to get one all the way on, it is only by stretching the side wall of the gel (the speaker has already bottomed-out in the cavity before I get the wall to completely enclose the speaker protrusion). If you've tried putting on the same kind I have, I think you'll understand what I'm trying to say.
  13.    #13  
    So unhappy.

The ones I ordered from Jabra arrived today. However, they are not the colored ones shown in the product photos but the same clear ones I got at Radio Shack!

Argggggg.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Just go to BestBuy online and check for the colored ones. You can order it from them, or check stock at a store close to you...
  15.    #15  
    See my thread here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=99988

There you'll find a link to the eBay store that sells Jabra headsets with the purple eargels. These are the ones that fit the 300/660/662 best. The auction starts and usually ends at a penny plus $6.95 shipping so you'll get the set for under $7.00 total.
  17.    #17  
    I'm so angry.

Even though the product page from the Best Buy web site shows the colored ear gels the ones they sent me are the same clear ones I've gotten from both Radio Shack and Hello Direct.

I guess I'll have to make the trip to Best Buy in person.
    Wow.

I can't see how they'd ever stay on. It's not even close to fitting.

Anyway I ordered the other ones. Hope to have them soon.
    I found that, with a little work both the colored ones and the clear ones will fit a 662 or a HBH-300. One drop of crazy glue will secure the ear gel semi-permanently, and it will only come off if you want it too. Don't go "crazy" with the Krazy glue, or you may not get it off.
    I'm so angry.

Even though the product page from the Best Buy web site shows the colored ear gels the ones they sent me are the same clear ones I've gotten from both Radio Shack and Hello Direct.

I guess I'll have to make the trip to Best Buy in person.
    Same thing happened to me with the headset from the link I posted. The pic shows the purple eargels, but the ones that arrive aren't purple and they don't have the extra flaps!
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    OK...I just got back from Best Buy and the colored eargels do fit...kind of. They would definitely have to be glued on. It feels like the headset is going to fall off with just the eargel. What am I missing?