1.    #1  
    sorry i'm not real smart on computer stuff but i've seen people really excited about being able to have java on their treo. what does it do and how do i get it. will i be able to do a lot more things. this is probably a dumb question but oh well. thanks for the info.
    Some apps like Kmaps (google maps on your treo) require java in order to run. It takes about about 2mb of RAM for Java and can't be on an SD card.

From the Kmaps site:
    "IBM Java implementation, WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment is available at no cost to customers who purchased a Treo 650 smartphone and a Tungsten T5 handheld handheld. Other customers with supported devices can purchase IBM WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment at Software Connection for $5.99.

Go to http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/ , fill in the form, select your device and download WEME571.zip and follow the installation instructions (they are fairly simple).

Once you installed Java, go to your "Prefs" where you will find a new "IBM and Java" section. Tap it and under Global Preferences change the Memory Heap Size and Thread Stack Size to maximum."
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Is it worth loading?
    If you want kmaps or you use opera browser.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I still don't understand. I have installed the Java from palmone but I can't seem to get anything to work. Everytime I try to download something like kmaps it says not supported by phone and saves to card?