Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Is this an issue only for Chatter, or will it affect all DTG8 users?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I think this has the potential to affect anyone using the Package Installer to do OA updates. It's just that Chatter has frequent updates available so it was noticed with that application.

The update did not fix the problem for me. I still have to delete preferences in DTG8 first. I did the update twice just to be sure. Has anyone else had success with this?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I loaded the DTG8 patch and I can now download Chatter through the package installer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    I loaded the DTG8 patch and I can now download Chatter through the package installer.
    Okay, it works for me now. I had forgotten to move the apps back to the card before installing the patch. DataViz needs to put that step in their instructions, so I'll add that in when I close my support ticket.
    It works for me as well. I used the prc method, not the windows zip method. I just emailed it to myself and it replaces the old tech tool.
    Got the patch and I'm good to go with OTA updates.
    Only need for the 650, not the 600, correct?
    I'm not planning to upgrade to version 8. PalmPDF 0.6 works very nicely, runs off the SD card.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    My email is set for HTML in Outlook, but why would this affect the attachement I am sending?

I receive the file fine in Outlook, it arrives as a .PDF
    Sending from and two outlook works because outlook encodes and decodes attachments in this manner. Other email software can not decode this format. This is documented in SnapperMail's FAQ http://www.snappermail.com/support/#120

Annoying but it's Microsoft Outlook's fault not Snapper or Docs to Go.

Sending email as plain text should fix the issue.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    i love it!! i can view all my 200+ files now w/o conversion!! overall this was worth the 30$ to me, i especially like how you can format/fit to screen....and like ekeith said you can move related files/apps to the card right from the menu, no dataviz tool required....if you're a heavy pdf user like myself then this is the way to go!!
    Did you see that you are quoted on the DtG website?

http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...ium/index.html
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    yeah I did see that friday......maybe i'll get a free upgrade next version.......haha!!......yeah right, wishful thinking never hurts....!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    yeah I did see that friday......maybe i'll get a free upgrade next version.......haha!!......yeah right, wishful thinking never hurts....!!
    Well I certainly won't: they edited out your reference to my comments
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    yeah i saw that,maybe they thought it would "take away" from the overall content of the comment because it was a "third party" reference to DTG.........but i still hope i get something......i'll give you a "piece of the pie" if i do.....!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxgolfnut
    I just upgraded to Docs 8.0 yesterday. I can open pdf files when I use VersaMail, but I can't open pdf documents using Inbox to Go. I have sent a message to DataViz, but no response. Is anyone able to open pdf attachments using Inbox to Go? And...what the hell do they mean by "native pdf files"?
    Did you ever hear back on this issue? Funny, I have the opposite problem. I can open PDF attachments in IBTG, but not from Versamail (I get an error saying that the PDF is invalid). Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? Dataviz is not being too helpful on this issue.
    I loaded 8.0 from 7.0 and as soon as I did I could not longer access WAP pages on my browser. I went back to 7.0 and all was fixed. Refunded DTG 8.0 and informed them of the bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I loaded 8.0 from 7.0 and as soon as I did I could not longer access WAP pages on my browser. I went back to 7.0 and all was fixed. Refunded DTG 8.0 and informed them of the bug.
    This was a known bug reported just after version 8.0 was released. Dataviz put out a patch soon after.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    This was a known bug reported just after version 8.0 was released. Dataviz put out a patch soon after.
    Zane
    has this been fixed yet?
    Treoing & Loving it
    gt5l
    Try the patch found here. http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13719&pid=2000
    Zane
    thanks it seems to have done the trick
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    gt5l
    Try the patch found here. http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13719&pid=2000
    Zane
    Why the heck do they hide this in a KB article!! All patches and updates should be right on a "Downloads" page.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast