Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 149
  1. #101  
    $30 seems too steep to me for the pdf viewer. PalmPDF works fine for me, and it's free.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Has anyone else lost the add-in to Excel and Word that lets you mark a document for transfer to your Treo?
    I reinstalled with no result. I have submitted the problem to Dataviz.
    Zane
    Forgive me for quoting myself.
    I just got an answer back from Dataviz. There is an app called OfficeAddInInstaller.exe in the Docs-to-Go folder that restores the add-ins.
  3. #103  
    Thanks for sharing! I had the same question.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  4. jgilfor's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #104  
    Jsut to let everyone know: Just upgraded to DTG8. Haven't done a lot of looking around yet, but one thing I noticed immediately that I don't think was in the previous version, is the option to move applications to card. It can be found on the DTG "home" screen, under "Options", "Manage Applications." I selected to move apps to my SD card. Freed up a boatload of space, and DID NOT delay startup, as one would see if using a "transfer to and from card" utility like powerrun or Zlauncher. Heretofor, I believe you had to use the seperate "Tools" utility for this purpose.
  5. #105  
    This option was available with a DataViz provided add-on. DTG8 is the first to have it integrated. However, the add-on app, Tech Tool, gives you many more options then doing it from within DTG.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Forgive me for quoting myself.
    I just got an answer back from Dataviz. There is an app called OfficeAddInInstaller.exe in the Docs-to-Go folder that restores the add-ins.

    What exactly is available in Word or Excel? I don't notice anything? Thanks
  7. #107  
    The fact that it wiped out the .psi install is pretty pathetic. I wonder what else has gotten hosed.

    I also don't use Palm Desktop at all. I use a Mac with Missing Sync. I had to install it on a junk Windows computer so I could grab the files from the install directory and copy them to a SD card. Come on now... Create a zip file!
  8. #108  
    Any word back on the reinstall of three of the DTG.prcs (e.g., PDFtogo) problem....everything I sync it reinstalls and then I have to move back to SD?
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    Any word back on the reinstall of three of the DTG.prcs (e.g., PDFtogo) problem....everything I sync it reinstalls and then I have to move back to SD?
    This worked for me:
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
  10. #110  
    I opened a ticket on the problem with Documents to go preferences causing problems with downloading from the internet on the handheld.

    I dont know about the whole PSI thing but I have to go in the dataviz tech tool and delete the savaed preferences before I can download a zip file.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    What exactly is available in Word or Excel? I don't notice anything? Thanks
    The OfficeAddInInstaller adds a menu item that allows you to send a document to the Treo on the next hotsync.
  12. #112  
    MarkY,

    Thanks that fixed it.
  13. #113  
    might be a slightly off-topic, but did any of you new Doc2Go8 users notice issues with Blazer associations since you started to use it? like when you try to save/open a prc file from Blazer (and/or zip files if you have an unzip utility on your Treo)? I see it on mine and I think it is Doc2Go8 that caused the problem.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgilfor
    Jsut to let everyone know: Just upgraded to DTG8. Haven't done a lot of looking around yet, but one thing I noticed immediately that I don't think was in the previous version, is the option to move applications to card. It can be found on the DTG "home" screen, under "Options", "Manage Applications." I selected to move apps to my SD card. Freed up a boatload of space, and DID NOT delay startup, as one would see if using a "transfer to and from card" utility like powerrun or Zlauncher. Heretofor, I believe you had to use the seperate "Tools" utility for this purpose.
    I have been using 7.006 and I simply moved all the files except the Documents program to the SD card manually using FileZ. No problems.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  15. #115  
    Yes I think most of us are having that problem.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Yes I think most of us are having that problem.
    Currently this seems to be the only work around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    ...I have to go in the dataviz tech tool and delete the savaed preferences before I can download a zip file.
    I just opened a tech support ticket on this as well. Since others have complained, hopefully they'll act on it since it is not an isolated issue.
    Last edited by MarkY; 11/17/2005 at 01:40 PM.
  17. #117  
    Just upgraded to DocstoGo 8 and when I email myself a .PDF file it arrives in Snappermail as a winmail.dat file (same size as the pdf). I am unable to view it.

    any ideas?
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  18. #118  
    Did you send as a text mode....if you send as a HTML or Rich text...its an issue with any attachment.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    Did you send as a text mode....if you send as a HTML or Rich text...its an issue with any attachment.
    My email is set for HTML in Outlook, but why would this affect the attachement I am sending?

    I receive the file fine in Outlook, it arrives as a .PDF
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I opened a ticket on the problem with Documents to go preferences causing problems with downloading from the internet on the handheld.

    I dont know about the whole PSI thing but I have to go in the dataviz tech tool and delete the savaed preferences before I can download a zip file.
    FYI, Dataviz has just posted a patch for the Blazer download issue at http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13719.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions