Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    that's the safest way to go, it's what I did.....before upgrade use the tech tool to move dtg7 files back to RAM then install dtg 8 , once installed go to menu/manage applications and move everything back to card,it works slightly better memory-wise too , imho.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    too many issues, I uninstalled it wairing for 8.02
    Treoing & Loving it
    8.001 so far seems to be more stable than 7.006.

Other observations

Good:

Graphic rendering is superior to Adobe Reader For POS (speed and image quality)

Not so good:
    No bookmark functionality (start back at page one after closing out of file)
    Versamail PDF attachment did not open as stated in product literature
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    I'm glad this is working for many people, but as I posted last week, IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ME. The major new feature is PDF support, and this simply is BROKEN on my installation. Trying to open a PDF gives me an error message that the application to read this view cannot be found. But it's there, Explorer shows it there.

I've started a support case with DataViz. Received one reply, asking for more info and a sync log, which I supplied. No word from them about what's going on.

So I essentially paid them an upgrade fee FOR NOTHING except horrible tech support.

Worst product I've bought for my Treo. Too bad, because I really need it.
    Ive had above and beyond great luck with dataviz tech support. With my Kyocera 7135 they tried nonstop for weeks to fix my problem untill it was solved. The product must be buggy because many are having problems but nothing is perfect in the palm world. Dataviz does offers solutions that others have not and I'm sure they will make things right for you.
    The PDF viewer in DTG 8001 does not display filled-in data in forms.

I have PDF files that have fields that can be filled-in. The viewer shows blank documents (but formatted correctly).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    For those who have upgraded - please comment on other changes in DTG, is there anything else updated or just PDF viewing? Obvioulsy PDF viewing is a big deal, but I already have PDF viewing on Picsel, so wondering whether there are other significant updates?
    If you are happy with you current PDF viewing then I would not upgrde to DTG8. The only differences I've seen are an ability to move the app to the card from within DTG (the Tech Tool offer more options though), supposed warning that you are low on memory before a crash (haven't seen this myself), and it looks like they changed the individual application icons a bit. There is nothing significant if you can already view, or don't need, PDF files.
    No reason to upgrade except support for PDF. Even that is defective (won't display filled-in information in forms).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    No reason to upgrade except support for PDF. Even that is defective (won't display filled-in information in forms).
    Aprasad what is this filled in form? Could you email me an example to my_bogus_e_mail@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Aprasad what is this filled in form? Could you email me an example to my_bogus_e_mail@yahoo.com
    There are many PDF files (income tax forms are an example) that can be filled in with information. If you have the full-version of Acrobat, you can save the PDF file with all the information. If you have a Acrobat Reader, you can fill-in and print but not save the PDF files.

As an example, the attached file has the top left part (name/address) filled in - verify by opening the file on the PC. Do you see that information in DTG?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Not to open another can'o'worms, but the PicSel browser displays the Form Data in a PDF file. I know this because nearly all of my PDF'ed contracts have Form Data within them.

Funny story: for a while when I was using Ubuntu as my primary OS, I was using Gnome's PDF viewer. I'd get a contract, and I would always wind up emailing my editor to ask when the deadline was. After a few months of this, he finally said "Its there in the PDF, just look for it." Well, i was never seeing it.

Turns out, there are a lot of third party PDF viewers that don't display Form Data, including Mac OS X's own "Preview" program.

Apparently, DTG is another one. That just makes it useless to me.

Glad I have PicSel, for all of its problems.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    aprasad,

Thanks for pointing this out. I sure hope there will be a FREE upgrade in the not-too-distant future...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by swilcox
    I'm glad this is working for many people, but as I posted last week, IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ME. The major new feature is PDF support, and this simply is BROKEN on my installation. Trying to open a PDF gives me an error message that the application to read this view cannot be found. But it's there, Explorer shows it there.

I've started a support case with DataViz. Received one reply, asking for more info and a sync log, which I supplied. No word from them about what's going on.

So I essentially paid them an upgrade fee FOR NOTHING except horrible tech support.

Worst product I've bought for my Treo. Too bad, because I really need it.
    Fixed:

http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13718&pid=2000
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    For those who have upgraded - please comment on other changes in DTG, is there anything else updated or just PDF viewing? Obvioulsy PDF viewing is a big deal, but I already have PDF viewing on Picsel, so wondering whether there are other significant updates?
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...=2430&pid=2000
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Has anyone been having conflicts with DTG 8 & Adobe Reader for Palm? Seems I having them. Puts Lotus EasySync Pro in to a loop when syncing the MailDb. Also, I had this error when I installed overtop of v7, which I resolved. http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...=13696&pid=157
    I got rid of the Adobe reader a long time ago... Why would you need both that and DTG 8?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I just upgraded to Docs 8.0 yesterday. I can open pdf files when I use VersaMail, but I can't open pdf documents using Inbox to Go. I have sent a message to DataViz, but no response. Is anyone able to open pdf attachments using Inbox to Go? And...what the hell do they mean by "native pdf files"?
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, 1.28/1.13-ROW, T-Mobile
    III -> Vx -> m505 -> m515 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650
    Has anyone else lost the add-in to Excel and Word that lets you mark a document for transfer to your Treo?
    I reinstalled with no result. I have submitted the problem to Dataviz.
    Zane
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast