Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 149
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Can someone pretty please go into the tech tool and see if it gives you a correct reading on RAM.

    I have 9 megs free internal but the tool says 4.5
    The tech tool is giving the wrong RAM reading.
  2. #42  
    Thanks John, glad its not just me,,,,,,I guess.


    Skfny I emaild ALLthe files to you,,,, Ive never sent that many files before at once, hope it works.
  3. #43  
    Got it. Thanks.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  4. #44  
    albertb I put all the files in a zip and emailed it to you. The zip ended up being 3 megs
  5. #45  
    skfny,

    Is your avatar a flying spaghetti monster reference? If so, it's pretty funny. If not, sorry to have offended you. If you find it offensive. Which you may. Depending on how you feel about that sort of thing...
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislrob
    skfny,

    Is your avatar a flying spaghetti monster reference? If so, it's pretty funny. If not, sorry to have offended you. If you find it offensive. Which you may. Depending on how you feel about that sort of thing...

    No it's not, it's a parody of the WM image from a while back. But I did look up flying spaghetti monster briefly, and it is indeed very funny.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7. #47  
    I know I must be doing something wrong since no one else has pointed this out yet, but...

    Is it supposed to take half a minute to change pages or change zoom levels? I just opened a 450k PDF and I get a progress bar after doing just about anything except scrolling around.

    Edit:

    Ok, so I tried everything - moving the app to RAM, moving the file to RAM - any action brings up the status bar and a hlaf-minute delay. I don't even know what to say if this is the standard behavior. Why has no one else mentioned it yet?

    IMO, until I hear otherwise about how to resolve the problems I'm experiencing (if that's possible), the wait for a PDF viewer goes on.

    -Picsel can't view scanned PDFs and doesn't have flowed text.
    -PalmPDF is still new.
    -DTG PDF is EXTREMELY slow.
    -Repligo needs a conversion utility.

    I hope someone tells me I'm wrong, because right now, I'm fully set on staying with v7.
    Last edited by skfny; 11/11/2005 at 04:37 PM.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  8. #48  
    Well...

    At first I was thinking 30.00 bucks for an upgrade is a little steep. But after buying it and downloading yesterday and installing the upgrade today, I think it's worth it.

    If only for the pdf file support. Open a pdf file and you can choose page layout for the graphics and text in the file or you can choose word wrap for reading the pdf file like a text document.

    Five way support/control of the pdf file is great. The pdf file can be stored and opened from the card or the devise memory. That's cool.

    I noticed the built in tech tool moves 6 mega bytes of Docs to Go from the device memory to the card.

    Installation to the T650 was no problem. It even self updated the registration number. I have been playing with version 8.001 for a few hours now and no crashes or resets.

    I don't mind spending $30.00 for it now.

    Chuck
  9. #49  
    SKFNY

    I only messed with it for a second but I got 10 seconds switching pages and 5 seconds changing zooms.

    The odd thing is when i first checked it out was when I emailed myself a pdf it seemed like it took longer to zoom and switch pages and when I zoomed it gave options like 50%, 100%, 150%......

    Is the pdf in the DXTG folder?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    SKFNY

    I only messed with it for a second but I got 10 seconds switching pages and 5 seconds changing zooms.

    The odd thing is when i first checked it out was when I emailed myself a pdf it seemed like it took longer to zoom and switch pages and when I zoomed it gave options like 50%, 100%, 150%......

    Is the pdf in the DXTG folder?
    My PDF is in the Documents folder.
    I even copied it to RAM to see if that would help. It didn't.
    The wait does vary with the file size. I just opened a 2MB (not tremendously large) file, and it's well over 40 seconds and the page has not turned yet.

    Even with small files-10 seconds to switch pages???!!!

    Am I the only one who sees this as an ENORMOUS problem?

    I was at the payment page before I said, "Let me try it out just to see how it works." I'm glad I did. IMO this product is very lacking (even though it may be the best PDF viewer on the Palm OS).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  11. #51  
    I use a Mac with OSX 10.4.3 and MissingSync 5. Several attemts to install DTG8 worked, but I could not open pdf files. I got the message that the application for this document could not be found. I found the prc files in the application installer and manually dropped them all on the MissingSync install. It now works. Something is not working properly with the mac installer application. Or, at least with mine.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I know I must be doing something wrong since no one else has pointed this out yet, but...

    Is it supposed to take half a minute to change pages or change zoom levels? I just opened a 450k PDF and I get a progress bar after doing just about anything except scrolling around.

    Edit:

    Ok, so I tried everything - moving the app to RAM, moving the file to RAM - any action brings up the status bar and a hlaf-minute delay. I don't even know what to say if this is the standard behavior. Why has no one else mentioned it yet?

    IMO, until I hear otherwise about how to resolve the problems I'm experiencing (if that's possible), the wait for a PDF viewer goes on.

    -Picsel can't view scanned PDFs and doesn't have flowed text.
    -PalmPDF is still new.
    -DTG PDF is EXTREMELY slow.
    -Repligo needs a conversion utility.

    I hope someone tells me I'm wrong, because right now, I'm fully set on staying with v7.
    Well, I don't know what's going on with yours, After reading your post, I did a little test on mine. Using a 400K pdf file, the file took 8 seconds to open, either from the card or the devise memory.

    Changing pages with the tool bar or the using the 5 way, it took 4 seconds to open a new page. On page layout, it took 4 seconds to change zoom level. On word wrap, it took 4 seconds to change text size.

    It didn't matter if I was on page layout or word wrap. Or even if the file was on the card or in the devise memory. The times didn't change.

    Currently, I have 14 megs of devise memory left with Docs to Go on the card.

    Edit: According to palminternals, I am at 110 clicks at 1 second with no apps running in the background when I did this little test.

    Chuck

    Sprint/Treo650
    Last edited by chckhbrt; 11/11/2005 at 05:21 PM.
  13. #53  
    I did some more testing and I have the same results as Chuck. Doc2go is on the card the pdfs are on the card, 5 seconds to zoom 10 second ot turn page.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Can someone pretty please go into the tech tool and see if it gives you a correct reading on RAM.

    I have 9 megs free internal but the tool says 4.5
    The Tech Tool gives an incorrect RAM reading with DTG 8. It does move all the files though.

    I still have not heard back from DataViz tech support regarding my problem a few posts up. However, when I did my original install, I moved everything off the card and into RAM first. Earlier today I totally removed DTG from my Treo, desktop, and any DTG reference in the palmOne directory. I then re-downloaded the app from DataViz but I still get the same problem as mentioned above. I'll update once I hear from tech support.
  15. #55  
    Is this xperience equal to "planned obsolescence" concept?
    How many extra apps should a naive newbie like me expect to have to buy or beg just to do basic stuff like read & open files? Hear & play files? I've read about readers, players, converters, openers, closers- It's endless! (or is it?) sorry. I don't mind figuring it out...but budgeting $, Time + basic Function-ability for my Beloved T650- an ever increasing appetite for apps I don't have or know I'll need! Geesh, I hate being a newbie. Then I read you all aren't too self satisfied either and think it's a joke, hopeless,I give up!
    love my treo, otherwise.
  16. #56  
    One word of warning. After I installed the update it reset me treo and lost all of my preferences and registration codes. I just spent an hour getting everyting back to normal, but everything seems normal. Just make sure you have all your codes handy.
  17. #57  
    btw, to answer the question on how to get support from dataviz from early in the thread,

    you need to search for the answer first using their database and when you cant find the answer you can then email them.

    atleast this used to be the case.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  18. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    One word of warning. After I installed the update it reset me treo and lost all of my preferences and registration codes. I just spent an hour getting everyting back to normal, but everything seems normal. Just make sure you have all your codes handy.
    You don't need to spend an hour on this:

    If you use a backup program, simply restore the "Saved_Preferences.PRC" file.

    If you don't have a backup program, simply:
    1. Set all of your hotsync actions to "Do nothing" for the next sync, then
    2. Go to c:\Program Files\PalmOne\Ak\Backup and double click on the "Saved_Preferences.PRC" file so that it will be installed on your device on the next hotsync.
    3. Hotsync.

    It's also a good idea to keep a copy of this file on your SD card so you can reinstall it at ease...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  19. #59  
    Great tip eKeith, thanks. I don't think I have an option with Backupman to just restore preferences, but I never thought of putting my Saved_Preferences.PRC file on my SD card.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Anyone else have this problem?

    I am experiencing a problem with my registered copy DocumentToGo Version 8 that did not happen with version 7. I am using a Sprint Treo 650.

    Whenever I move the DTG application to my SD card (using the either the latest Tech Tool or the Manage Application option from within DTG on my Treo), on the next HotSync DTG wants to reinstall DGraphConverter.PRC, DTTFonts.PDB, and PDFToGo.PRC. After the applications are reinstalled, the Treo resets as soon as the HotSync completes.

    This only occurs with DTG moved to my SD card. If I leave the application in main memory the HotSync will not try to reinstall these programs and I do not get a crash.

    I have been able to get a successful HotSync if I delete those three files from the C:\Program Files\palmOne\’name’\Install directory as soon as the HotSync places them there. I do this during the HotSync before they have a chance to be installed to the Treo.

    Same here. I'm interested if anyone has a solution.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions