Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I installed the new version and have the same problem as the old...it resets while looking for documents. I used the tech tool to delete the prefs and temp database files and re-installed. Same thing...resets every time. I forget who said it but "Resets To Go" would be a better name.

Back to OfficeSuite. No PDF support yet but works all the time and never resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    ....... I never made it this far. As soon as I transfered the apps to the card...BOOM.
    yeah i had a rough time when i initially moved everything to the card. as soon as i did i had a reset loop so i did a warm reset and after a few tweaks(and disabled all hacks for DTG as well) it ran with no futher problems,so i'll test the hacks out when i have time because i don't know if that was the reason for the r-loop or not....besides having the associated apps/files in the card/palm/launcher directory i also have the actual DTG on the card via powerrun and i am not having any problems......but i do have a question for everyone:
    what's the biggest PDF file(memory-wise that is) you have been able to open successfully without any issues at all?
    Last edited by Ljj8503; 11/10/2005 at 11:02 PM.
    I am dissapointed that the new version still doesn't support X-Y charts (in Sheets-to-Go), the most common chart in scientific work..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Can someone PM me the files in a zip archive?

Am I the only one who wants them to allow you to download the files in zip format? I don't HotSync anymore, and I'm not in any hurry to grab an exe and set up an installation (specially when my home computer is having issues and I'm not allowed to download exes at work). I would have registered yesterday as soon as I got the email, if I could have just downloaded the files at the time.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Same here, I could use the files in ZIP format as well if anyone has them. I don't hotsync with the computer any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Same here, I could use the files in ZIP format as well if anyone has them. I don't hotsync with the computer any more.
    run the installer and then open install folder inside your profile under the Palmone folder. These will be the files that you would need on the Palm.
    Anyone else have this problem?

I am experiencing a problem with my registered copy DocumentToGo Version 8 that did not happen with version 7. I am using a Sprint Treo 650.

Whenever I move the DTG application to my SD card (using the either the latest Tech Tool or the Manage Application option from within DTG on my Treo), on the next HotSync DTG wants to reinstall DGraphConverter.PRC, DTTFonts.PDB, and PDFToGo.PRC. After the applications are reinstalled, the Treo resets as soon as the HotSync completes.

This only occurs with DTG moved to my SD card. If I leave the application in main memory the HotSync will not try to reinstall these programs and I do not get a crash.

I have been able to get a successful HotSync if I delete those three files from the C:\Program Files\palmOne\name\Install directory as soon as the HotSync places them there. I do this during the HotSync before they have a chance to be installed to the Treo.
    Here is an alternative to DTG called PalmPDF, which does native PDF viewing on a Palm. It was posted yesterday at PalmOpenSource.com:

http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softw...Freeware/Other/

It did crash on me a few times. It seems to have memory problems, depending on the rendering options. Still, it's worth a look.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Anyone else have this problem?

I am experiencing a problem with my registered copy DocumentToGo Version 8 that did not happen with version 7. I am using a Sprint Treo 650.

Whenever I move the DTG application to my SD card (using the either the latest Tech Tool or the Manage Application option from within DTG on my Treo), on the next HotSync DTG wants to reinstall DGraphConverter.PRC, DTTFonts.PDB, and PDFToGo.PRC. After the applications are reinstalled, the Treo resets as soon as the HotSync completes.

This only occurs with DTG moved to my SD card. If I leave the application in main memory the HotSync will not try to reinstall these programs and I do not get a crash.

I have been able to get a successful HotSync if I delete those three files from the C:\Program Files\palmOne\name\Install directory as soon as the HotSync places them there. I do this during the HotSync before they have a chance to be installed to the Treo.
    I don't have this problem (I have moved all applications to the SD card using the built-in Manage tool).

I thought that Hotsync will install files only if that action is queued up in Quickinstall or Install Tool. Why and when does Hotsync place them there?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    This happens at the end of the HotSync session. During the HotSync it detects that the files in question are not installed (see logs below) then throws them into the Install folder for installation. Ive tried reinstalling DTG and get the same thing. Ive opened a help ticket with DTG, so well see what happens.

From the HotSync Log:
    -- The database for DGraphConverter.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    -- The database for DTTFonts.PDB was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    -- The database for PDFToGo.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    OK Backup

From the DTGConduitLog:
    Checking if 'DocsToGo' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Check Passed ... File is present!
    Checking if 'WordView+' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Check FAILED ... File is not present! It may have been removed!
    Checking if 'WordView+' is on the Palm Card '1'
    Checking if 'WordToGo' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Checking if 'WordToGo' is on the Palm Card '1'
    Checking if 'WordToGo' is on External Card ',yN. '
    Checking if 'SheetToGo' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Checking if 'SheetToGo' is on the Palm Card '1'
    Checking if 'SheetToGo' is on External Card ',yN. '
    Checking if 'PDFToGo' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Checking if 'PDFToGo' is on the Palm Card '1'
    Checking if 'PDFToGo' is on External Card ',yN. '
    PDFToGo is not present on the Palm - Must Queue up for installation
    QueuePalmAppForInstallation(devicename, 'PDFToGo.prc') = $00000000
    QueuePalmAppForInstallation(devicename, 'DGraphConverter.prc') = $00000000
    QueuePalmAppForInstallation(devicename, 'DTTFonts.pdb') = $00000000
    Purging & Closing DocsToGo Database
    DONE - ToGoSyncronize
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Thanks but I never made it this far. As soon as I transfered the apps to the card...BOOM. The first time it deleted all my prefs. and defaulted back to the previous version of DTG. The second time it just reset with no damage. I think it has a problem pf overwiting the existing DTG on the card. So far it has worked though. I'd like to know what the point of only being able to open unprotected PDF's. I think it should function just like Acrobat Reading if it is suppose to clearly handle PDF's.
    I haven't upgraded yet, but the cause of some of your problems could be having the old version on your card. I have found it easier and more stable to move an app back to RAM, upgrade, and then move it back to the card.
    Zane
    I upgraded from 7.006, and it's working great for me. I did find it helpful to move the application to the sd card and then back to the handheld and then back to the sd card to "clean up" DTG files.
    Bing!
    I did the upgrade by moving the files back to handheld first. I then used the datatech tool to delete all Docs to Go files. I then ran the upgrade. After finished I used the Manage option and moved the files to card. Absolutely no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    This happens at the end of the HotSync session. During the HotSync it detects that the files in question are not installed (see logs below) then throws them into the Install folder for installation. Ive tried reinstalling DTG and get the same thing. Ive opened a help ticket with DTG, so well see what happens.

From the HotSync Log:
    -- The database for DGraphConverter.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    -- The database for DTTFonts.PDB was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    -- The database for PDFToGo.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    OK Backup

From the DTGConduitLog:
    Checking if 'DocsToGo' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Checking if 'WordView+' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Checking if 'WordView+' is on the Palm Card '1'
    Checking if 'WordToGo' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Checking if 'WordToGo' is on the Palm Card '1'
    Checking if 'WordToGo' is on External Card ',yN. '
    Checking if 'SheetToGo' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Checking if 'SheetToGo' is on the Palm Card '1'
    Checking if 'SheetToGo' is on External Card ',yN. '
    Checking if 'PDFToGo' is on the Palm Card '0'
    Checking if 'PDFToGo' is on the Palm Card '1'
    Checking if 'PDFToGo' is on External Card ',yN. '
    PDFToGo is not present on the Palm - Must Queue up for installation
    QueuePalmAppForInstallation(devicename, 'PDFToGo.prc') = $00000000
    QueuePalmAppForInstallation(devicename, 'DGraphConverter.prc') = $00000000
    QueuePalmAppForInstallation(devicename, 'DTTFonts.pdb') = $00000000
    Purging & Closing DocsToGo Database
    DONE - ToGoSyncronize
    I have the exactly the same problem after moving DTG to my SD card. As a temporary measure, I had to go into the HotSync custom option and set "Install" to do nothing. This has kept me from having everything reinstalled when I HotSync. I look forward to finding out what you hear from DataViz.

P.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    I haven't upgraded yet, but the cause of some of your problems could be having the old version on your card. I have found it easier and more stable to move an app back to RAM, upgrade, and then move it back to the card.
    Zane
    Your right absolutly that is always the way to go. In a perfect world it wouldnt matter since the files would be over written and updated correctly when the new files were moved to the card. But it dosent always work as it iss supose to. I take it a step further and completely remove the application from the palm and desktop before reinstalling because i had horrible gut wrenching dealings with Documents to go before version 7.001

I upgraded to ver 8 just now, emailed myself a pdf, loaded it with chatter and viewed it with Doc2go, awesome!!!
    Can someone pretty please go into the tech tool and see if it gives you a correct reading on RAM.

I have 9 megs free internal but the tool says 4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Your right absolutly that is always the way to go. In a perfect world it wouldnt matter since the files would be over written and updated correctly when the new files were moved to the card. But it dosent always work as it iss supose to.
    Luckily, it worked as designed for me. I forgot to move the apps to the device before upgrading. After upgrading, when I tried to move the nre apps to the card (using the guilt-in menu), it told me that the apps are already on the card and asked me if I wanted to overwrite. I said Yes and everything seems OK so far.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    run the installer and then open install folder inside your profile under the Palmone folder. These will be the files that you would need on the Palm.
    I can't do that because my PC at home is misbehaving and exes are blocked at work (they wouldn't work here anyway since I don't have Palm Desktop installed). Again, if someone can PM the files to me (and others who need them).

Thanks
    I dont think we can PM files. I would need an email address. Ill send them to you if you'll send them to whom ever else needs them. There nothing wrong with that right since its just a free trial verision without a reg code any way right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I dont think we can PM files. I would need an email address. Ill send them to you if you'll send them to whom ever else needs them. There nothing wrong with that right since its just a free trial verision without a reg code any way right.

You have PM. You're right, it's just a trial version so there shouldn't be any issues. I have emailed DataViz about what I consider a glaring oversight on their part (not providing a zip file) for a product that is supposed to make you less dependent on the PC. Let's see what they say.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast