Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    How about the Starbucks across from PG Plaza Metro, corner of East-West Highway(Rt410) and Belcrest Road.
    That's doable (although a bit of a jaunt for me); if we're hoping to get more people from DC or maybe others from Virginia, that may or may not work. As for when, Saturday mornings are definitely spoken for on my schedule...
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Thursday evenings still work for me. Anybody else?
    I appreciate Antoine and others now taking into consideration the difficulty those of us coming from downtown DC have gettting to these meeting in the midst of rush hour traffic in darn near Baltimore. My last attempt to get to the meeting (after waiting for two weeks for the meeting) was a total nightmare, causing me to abort my efforts.

Again, I importune you to please take these difficulties into consideration as I truly look forward to these meetings
    How about meeting an Union Station in DC or Silver spring in Md
    That way nobody would have the awefull bateway drive. The people from B-more could drive to greenbelt or new carrolton and take the train. The VA people could take the train in. Most of us who are beltway bandits are already in the area so getting to union station shouldnt be a problem.
    Here's the thing about meeting in DC, there is a DC PUG in action now. To move the mtg intown would be best coordinated with them. At the same time, its pretty clear that all of us want to meet somewhere at at sometime.

PG Plaza works for me. Thursdays are fine for me as well.

As an FYI, DC PUG next meets on Valentine's Day. I will most definitely NOT be there. IMO, that is a very bad day to have a PUG mtg.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I would be interested in attending the next meeting, I live in Lanham, so the PG Plaza location sounds great, just let me know when
    I second that meeting in DC would not be a good idea as parking is entirely impossible.

I do not mind even traveing from DC to Baltimore or to the outskirts as long as it is not tied to the rush hour traffic (4:00 pm to 7:00pm).
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Are we meeting this month?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Guess not.
    Well, I cannot say that it would be a Treo mtg, but on March 11, Mobile Ministry Magazine is having a meetup at the Starbucks @ Annapolis Harbor Center @ 3. If any are in the area and want to say hello, I'll be there. Read more at www.mobileministrymagazine.com if you are interested.

(for a minute I thought about trying to setup the Treo mtg, but that is something that's a bit beyond me at the moment; if any thing comes up like a library or eatery, that would work though).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Hey Guys,

I think it would be great to meet once someone has their hands on the T-700. March sounds good to me though.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I'm game for going... Hopefully I will remember when the next meeting is whenever its decided.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I thought we might try again soon?
    I'm game.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I am stunned how many of you are near me!
    Livin' in Middle River, MD; teaching and finishing dissertation at American U in DC.
    I would love to meet up.
    I see all you guys on red line Metro, but you never smile!
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    I thought we might try again soon?
    Hey, I'm in Thurmont and would like to meet.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Hi everyone,

This is not about Treo. I know most of TCers are tech savvy, so I am hoping that someone here might provide me some information.

My desktop hard disk is not able to reboot and an IT friend tried and could not reboot the computer either. I am looking for reputable people or company to recovery my data on the hard disk. I never had any problem with all my computers until now. So I havenít done any data backup for some time and I have a lot of family pictures in it. Anyway you know how desperate I am now. Just found one company in McLean, VA online. Does anyone here know of good companies or people offer DATA recovery service you would refer your family member or friend to?

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    If your desktop hard drive (means your computer) doesn't boot (I assume your hard drive still run) just simply take your hard disk out, set the jumper in the back of it to slave, and plug it in any desktop. From there you can copy your data. Also there are many software that allow you cover the data (in case you delete the file or format the disk, etc...), some of them are FREE.

The most important is your hard disk still RUN.
    Thanks Treoluv,

An IT friend has already tried but I don't think the hard drive runs properly now. When it first started, every time I turned on the computer, it directed to start the computer on Safe mode. (The Codes showed there were some files messed. But after using recovery CD to attempt to fix it a few times, it went down hill ever since. My IT friend suggests not performing any more work on the hard drive our own to prevent further damage the hard drive, but find a data recovery company instead to do the work. I got an estimate from the data recovery in VA will run from $700 to $2300 depends on the difficultly after an initial diagnosis of the hard drive. The initial cost is $100 for diagnosis and I will find out if the date can be recovered and the exact cost afterward. I would like to get some inputs from TCers in this are before I send out my hard drive.

Thanks.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast