Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I was a happy LifeDrive user (and still am), till we received a Treo 650 for reviewing and I have to say that I love it. The screen is much brighter than the LifeDrive's and it's easy to use it with the navigation keys.

However, I will still keep on using LifeDrive from Monday to Friday because I need wifi and I love its large screen. I will use Treo for weekends and leisure..

Is anyone doing the same??
    I'm using a T3 for work and multimedia because of the larger viewing screen. The treo is for mail, internet and of course phone.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    I've had my Garmin iQue 3600 for a couple years now and still love it! You can't beat a handheld with built-in GPS. Plus I found tons of cool Palm software that was ready and waiting when I got my Treo. The Garmin was definitely good training for the Treo I have to say. I don't think folks who had a Palm OS device before the Treo have nearly as many problems as those folks who are getting the Treo as their first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath
    I'm using a T3 for work and multimedia because of the larger viewing screen. The treo is for mail, internet and of course phone.
    I gave up my T3 linked with a bluetooth phone to go down to one device.. . . . . carrying only one device trumps the T3's larger screen for me. And I would not go back. My future devices will be PDA/phone combos.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/10/2005 at 07:20 AM.
    I started with a Handspring Vidsor years ago - gave it to my daughter when I got a Zire 72 last year. Been very happy with the Zire and now I have a 650 (just got it this week). Plans are to sell the Zire (or give it to my daughter as an upgrade) and get a new TX for the screen and wifi.

Steve
    My wife still uses the Palm III. She won't upgrade no matter how many times I offer. She says "if it aint broke. . ."
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I routinely use a Tungsten C as my GPS device, which I combine with a Radio Shack receiver and Mapopolis software. Works great for me.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I use a Zodiac 1 in addition to my Treo 650. I don't carry both on my person at all times, just the Treo. But for playing games, watching videos, or playing MP3s or podcasts in the car, the Zodiac is the way to go. I might also add GPS to the list, though for now I own a copy of Mapopolis for the Pocket PC and still have a PPC, so I end up using that for trips.

Also, for in-car usage, having two devices allows one to be used for MP3s, podcasts, or GPS and frees up the Treo to make/receive phone calls.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel
    I was a happy LifeDrive user (and still am), till we received a Treo 650 for reviewing and I have to say that I love it. The screen is much brighter than the LifeDrive's and it's easy to use it with the navigation keys.

However, I will still keep on using LifeDrive from Monday to Friday because I need wifi and I love its large screen. I will use Treo for weekends and leisure..

Is anyone doing the same??
    I got rid of the pda when I got the treo (I only want to carrry one item and the treo seems to be able to do almost everything I need.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I will probably grab a T|X, since my digicam uses SD and the Treo is my primary phone.
    The T|X's bigger screen will help me display maps, GPS, etc much easier. The T650 screen is beautiful, but a wee bit too small for things like 400x zoom on a s-...

Never mind
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
    I just bought a LifeDrive this evening and am considering using both for a time period.Especially since I have to travel abroad again shortly and will likely have to do so without my Treo since it has to be repaired and the advance exchange won't arrive before I depart on my trip.

So far so good,but haven't been able to sync as yet.
    I had a Tungsten T3 for over a year before I moved up to the Treo 650. Loved every minute I had with that bad boy, 'twas a workhorse PDA, even after a year of heavy use. And now, it sits in my car and gets pulled out for GPS funtime.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    How small is the T|3?

Smaller than the Zire 72?

I might buy one just for movies alone; I have a massive assortment of SD cards...

It shall be my "24" viewing platform of choice. And to think I was going to buy a iRiver U10 for this purpose Stick with Palm, I shall!

The T|3 also has vibrating alerts, yes? I know it's an older model (2002-2003).
    When closed, the T3 is smaller than the Zire 72. It has the vibrating alarm, a faster processor, UC connector with cradle, and of course, the bigger screen. Since the jury is still out on the TX, the T3 is arguably the best PDA Palm ever made.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I'm another T3 / Treo 650 user. Depending on my mood, I will either just use the treo for everything - GPS, MP3, Bible, doc to go etc. or I will use my T3 for GPS.

Problem with T3 for GPS is where to put my treo! as I have a BT car kit, if I leave it in case it has on many occasions dialed out by pressing on my P key which is assigned to a contact. (removed it now).

Most of the time, when I switch on the ignition on the car, the BT connects to the phone & switches off the keyguard, which is why I have had the above problem.

The T3 is great, but the screen is not as bright as the treo, as mentioned elsewhere, nor is it as dim as the Treo. (night time GPS use)
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    The great thing about the iQue 3600 is that the antenna and GPS receiver are built-in. This allows you to use the GPS functionality outside the car, no strings (wired or wireless) attached. Also, it has a gorgeous big screen which makes using it for maps much nicer than on the tiny Treo screen. Don't get me wrong....for just about everything else the Treo 650 runs circles around the Garmin (faster CPU, BT, network access, etc.), but for GPS, I love my Garmin (plus it's the device that got me hooked on Palm OS).
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllVerbatim
    I will probably grab a T|X, since my digicam uses SD and the Treo is my primary phone.
    The T|X's bigger screen will help me display maps, GPS, etc much easier. The T650 screen is beautiful, but a wee bit too small for things like 400x zoom on a s-...

Never mind
    I agree..
    I find Treo outstanding so far, but it cannot replace LifeDrive in some aspects (siez of screen and wifi)
    I have a Garmin iQue 3600 and until Garmin puts out a Palm external bluetooth GPS receiver, I won't let go of my iQue.

Although it stays mainly in my car to navigate my travels.
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I'm using my former device (Tungsten T3) for navigation in my car running - Tomtom v5
    In bright sunlight however I usually switch to the Treo because of the better and brighter screen on the Treo.
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I should receive both a LifeDrive and a Treo 650 this week and plan to use them separately day to day and in conjunction while travelling. I took a break from a converged device for 10 weeks and as a result e-mail never got answered.

I thought I'd use my existing licenses for multimedia like Rescoviewer and Pocketunes Deluxe on the Lifedrive and productivity apps like Chatter, TextPlus, Shortcut5, TreoSelecText, KeyCaps650, etc on the 650.

I haven't worked out how to sync PIM data. Perhaps I can use Activesync and my Exchange host to handle Contacts and Calendar sync, or perhaps nexchange - but I think I've left with no choice but to sync the Lifedrive and 650 to different 'puters in order to achieve system backups; as well as mobile backups of the 650 using BackupBuddyVFS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast