1.    #1  
    I want to get some new Egrips for my Sprint Treo 650. I took the middle section over the battery cover off, and now I can't find any "gun metal blue" colored Egrips to match the Treo.

That color is apparently discontinued by Egrips. Anyone know where I can find some?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    They are indeed discontinued. They now offer clear egrips, however, which they say will of ocourse match any color. I haven't tried them yet, but it sounds like it would be ok.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    I guess if is really clear it should be ok. But when I imagine how the "clear" one looks on a Treo, I am thinking it will look silver.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I hear ya, I'm a little skeptical too...hoping you'll be the guinnea pig for me!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  5.    #5  
    I probably will.
    I got the clear ones, they do match the color (if you make sure to apply without locking any air/bubbles under, which are quite visible with the new clear egrips).
    Overall I like it more than the blue colored.
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    I got the clear ones, they do match the color (if you make sure to apply without locking any air/bubbles under, which are quite visible with the new clear egrips).
    Overall I like it more than the blue colored.
    Any possibility of posting a photo of it?

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have the clear eGrips also. These are the best by far (and I've tried quite a few of them). Just take your time putting them on because the air bubble comment is so true.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Just a little tip..if you want to get rid of the bubbles, use a needle to poke a hole where you have bubbles and press on it. This should take care of the bubbles.

Did they redesign the clear one's at all? I had the blue one on mine but the corners started to lift off eventually.
    they did not redesign the clear ones :-( I end up using only the battery cover part (the other, sides/upper always peel 3 days later).
    As for using a needle to get the bubbles out, I tried, doesn't really work with the clear ones. I mean the bubbles are gone but there's a white (not so clear...) spot left where the bubble was.
    Ended up wasting one (first) set.
    Here's a shot of the clear ones on my Cingular Treo (with the Seidio battery cover). You can see some of the bubbles. I just don't care.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...berg/Clear.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    they did not redesign the clear ones :-( I end up using only the battery cover part (the other, sides/upper always peel 3 days later).
    As for using a needle to get the bubbles out, I tried, doesn't really work with the clear ones. I mean the bubbles are gone but there's a white (not so clear...) spot left where the bubble was.
    Ended up wasting one (first) set.
    I too only use the one for the battery cover but the corners still comes off.

As far as the bubbles, I guess on the gunmetal blue egrips it doesn't show at all after I pop them with a needle. Wish they still had them available. I don't think I want to purchase the clear one's if it's going to leave those white spots.
    Ok I lied...ended up buying the clear ones. After about the 3rd try i was able to put this on correctly. The problem was trying to center the damn thing. I also cut out the 2 bottom corners off the battery egrips to prolong the peeling. As far as bubbles, I have none whatsoever, even after trying to put this on 3x. The trick was to put the phone face down vertically with the antenna pointing away from you. Then with both hands, slightly grab the center sides of the egrips. Slowly lower it and let the egrip touch the center part of the phone first then rub outward vertically to eliminate any bubbles from forming. All 3 tries had no bubbles and the 3rd one was able to center it completely.

Opinion: I actually do like the clear better. It's also a little thinner since it doesn't have the colored film under it. The colored ones tend to peel apart from each other after a while. I guess only time will tell how well this will stay on. I've attached some pics also.
    Attached Images Attached Images