1.    #1  
    I'm not sure what forum a question like this would fit in, but I'm sure hundreds of you intelligent forum readers would have the answer to this one:

Prior to buying the Treo 650, I used an ancient Palm V. With the old Palm Desktop software, I could use the find function to find anything I wanted. For example: If I had a memo with the word "escrow" in it, I could run a search for that word, and the software would find the memo, and place me right to the point where that word is inside that memo.

Now that I've upgraded my software to the Palm Desktop that came with my Treo, the find function will find the memo, but it will not take me to the exact point inside the memo where that word is located. Why not?? Am I doing something wrong, or is there a fix to this? The same search in the Treo itself takes you right to the word you're searching!

Thanks,

Joe.
    I don't recall Palm Desktop ever having that ability and I go as far back as the Palm III and Palm V too.
    I'm with Gekko. I don't ever remember the "find" feature taking you right to the word in the memo-but I could be wrong.

Good Luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I'm with Gekko. I don't ever remember the "find" feature taking you right to the word in the memo-but I could be wrong.

Good Luck.
    Well mine definitely did. I'm surprised no one else noticed this difference.... anyone else care to input???

Thanks...
    i think your memory is confusing the Palm Desktop find and the PalmOS find.

our memories can often be deceptive.
  6.    #6  
    You guys are all crazy. I'm going to find the original cd and let you guys know the exact version I was running... it definitely had this feature!

Thanks,

Joe.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I never had this feature either with any of my previous device or their corresponding Palm OS's. I always had to do asearch from my device.
    I would LOVE Palm to add this feature to the Palm Desktop. I don't know why it would be that hard - but being able to search right to the exact string of a MEMO would be great. Can MS Outlook do this with NOTES?

here's a tip that might help you - I save a particularly BIG memo that i have to search often as WORD docs and use Docs To Go to sync/access it. if i need to find the exact string, i just open MS WORD and do a find and it takes me right there.
    Last edited by Gekko; 11/25/2005 at 10:29 AM.