1.    #1  
    Hi, all. Just needed to share my stoopidity with everyone.

I had no idea you could connect the T650 and your Windows PC via bluetooth with an adapter. Will be getting one today. This sounds like a much better route than hotsynching.

Yes, I do know about and have a BT headset and really like it.

Thanks for all the great posts on BT and PCs. Am really looking forward to using this. I have a 2GB SD card, so should be OK in that area. Hotsynching just seems so Palm V and all those wires all over the place.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Bluetooth doesn't prevent hotsyncing. It just make the process wireless. Not sure by your comments if you understand this. Plus, it has been my experience that Hotsyncing over USB is about twice as fast as by Bluetooth.

Bluetooth is handy, but don't expect it to radically change the way you do things on a day to day basis.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reminder. I didn't really think about it replacing the hotsynch routine, but it sounds like BT is very handy for transferring files and other info between Treo and PC. I do some writing on the Treo which I'd like to just send to the PC and then add it to the book (instead of doing the Docs To Go dance). Also, it sounds like some things involving ringtones, etc. need to be done this way and not via hotsynch.

Generally, the Treo info doesn't change too much: calendar, contacts, etc. change fairly infrequently and haven't added any software to the Treo. So hotsynching has been once a week for me.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    Thanks for the reminder. I didn't really think about it replacing the hotsynch routine, but it sounds like BT is very handy for transferring files and other info between Treo and PC. I do some writing on the Treo which I'd like to just send to the PC and then add it to the book (instead of doing the Docs To Go dance). Also, it sounds like some things involving ringtones, etc. need to be done this way and not via hotsynch.

Generally, the Treo info doesn't change too much: calendar, contacts, etc. change fairly infrequently and haven't added any software to the Treo. So hotsynching has been once a week for me.
    IR port works as well if your PC/laptop has one
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."