1.    #1  
    I use English as language on my 650 in order to benefit about customs ROMs and to be able to talk to u all about technical issue easly.......even if I'm Italian.

Is there any possibility to hack something in order to disable the feature (nice for English speaker!!) that transform "il" in "I'll" and "i" in "I" wile typing with our wonderful keyboard?

Thanks.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    This should do the trick

Autocorrect: Modify the Treo's automatic string replacement behavior (not condoned by PalmOne).

By default, our Treos will attempt to "autocorrect" various strings in most all text fields. For example, while typing a memo, if you enter "beleive ", it will replace it with "believe ". This a great feature if you are using English, but not very useful for other languages. In fact, it can be detrimental if a legitimate word in your language is forcibly replaced by something else. A common example is lower case "i" replaced by upper case "I".

The modified overlays provided in this ZIP file allow you to directly use "i ", "hel " or "wel " without having to fight the autocorrect feature. No permanent change is made and uninstalling is as simple as deleting the file then soft resetting.

You can choose one of two possible overlays for each Treo model:

* only disable the "hel-->he'll", "i-->I" and "wel-->we'll" replacements.
    * disable ALL autocorrect functions (no replacement will take place).

Additionally, a special Norwegian version for GSM phones optimizes the order of the "Alt-a/Alt-A" and "Alt-o/Alt-O" special characters.

Note: Make sure to select the file appropriate for your configuration. See the enclosed documentation for details.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I use English as language on my 650 in order to benefit about customs ROMs
    This is not mandatory, english is fine, but you can use the custom roms in italian too, just add italian files to a striped down english rom, or delete only es, fr, de files from a full rom.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    This should do the trick

Wonderful, thanks a lot.

On Treocentral forum YOU ALWAYS FIND THE ANSWER.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Will this fix work on a Verizon 700P? Teh autocrrect feature is driving my wife nuts.

Thanks.