Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I have been using msafe for almost 2 years I have never had a problem. I have tested it before and it does wipe the card and the palm.
    Will hotsync recover data to the palm AND the card after a wipe?
    I called the tech support number and there is a message that says they dont offer phone tech support (okay), so I emailed them what I did and the errors I received. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I don't think losing the data was the concern here. I think it was someone else getting the personal data. If they are like me they have everything on there work info, ss# credit cards, bank accts etc.

I have been using msafe for almost 2 years I have never had a problem. I have tested it before and it does wipe the card and the palm.
    I didnt think so either thats why I said what I said, the part you left out. I thought it best to cover all bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    If keeping information from the finder is the concern then MSafe is a good solution.
    With all the talk about protecting files or providing owner ID info if the phone is lost, I'd like to hear from those who have actually lost their phones. One post speculated a possible 20% return rate. Were any returned at all? Any success stories or serious consequences suffered due to compromised data? Just wonderin'.

As an old guy, whenever I lose my phone, it usually shows up the next day in another pocket, hidden in within multiple remote controls, or accidentally packed away with my socks. Your experiences may differ, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    Chickenhawk: what size label do you use for the Treo 650?
    I use one of the little round 'stuffbak' labels. It's on the back of my phone next to the camera lens. My thinking was that I didn't want it on the battery cover which is removable.

I've actually changed my mind on that and (if I can get the tag off) I may replace it with a larger 'standard' one on the battery cover. Since it relies on an honest (or at least greedy for reward) person to return it, it seems having it on the removable battery cover may not be a dawback.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I think I goofed...What did I do wrong??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Nothing! It's perfect! awesome job... now lose it!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Nothing! It's perfect! awesome job... now lose it!
    I probably will in a few more months...more than likely, I'll be going back to Windows Mobile.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Mods I think insertion is making fun of us, can someone please tell me where I can find this thingie --> http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ons/report.gif
    critical security app -

http://www.linkesoft.com/secret/
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's no good, Insertion. But I'm sure you can fix it with white-out.

BTW- Great avatar. This is my 2nd favorite of yours. Best ever was the one where you were aflame in the nuclear fire. Pinhead is good though. lol

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I have msafe to lock the device when I send a specific sms to it. this locks the phone and displays the owner info.
    MSafe looks very promising: http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?msafe
    Sorry I dont use MSafe. Were you able to get back in to your treo?
    If keeping information from the finder is the concern then MSafe is a good solution.
    Im sorry Ive never used that app. I only use the built in security app.
    Huh? Am I missing something here? You've never used the program, but are recommending it? Not trying to be an a**, just a little confused....considering that some are having difficulties with this application.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    Huh? Am I missing something here? You've never used the program, but are recommending it? Not trying to be an a**, just a little confused....considering that some are having difficulties with this application.
    If "not loosing your data" is the concern then having a regular backup of the handheld and card on the PC is the answer.

Sorry my post was directed to the person asking me if they needed MSafe. I of course wouldn't know what someone needed without knowing their situation. In my response I am differentiating between keeping information safe (not loosing it) versus keeping information confidential. But your right my post should have said " If keeping information from the finder is the concern then MSafe seems to be the most popular.
    The poster that was asking me also knows I dont use MSafe since I already stated that beforehand.
    I use the built in security feature and it displays the owner information that you put in under prefs, owner.

So when they turn the phone on it has my name but I typed in "Please return to a sprint store if found".

This is a free built in setup.
    I have my Treo 650 secured with a power on password. . .. . my name and a phone number come up on that first screen for a finder to use, if neccessary.

Cheers, Perry

p.s. I also have mSafe installed . . . . .
    Well Motion Apps emailed me back and after explaining it to me the application mSafe works fine. Just incase anyone had the same question I had, here is the explanation:

"When the erase message is received mSafe removes all data from the device, and
    then locks it with a random generated password. After this it reboots. This is
    an additional safety measure which forces you to run a hard reset on the device
    before it can be used again thereby making sure all data has been removed. If
    you perform this hard reset you should be able to use your device as before."
    Buldawg so then your card can also be erased too. It would probably be a good idea to use a backup program then that also backs up the SD card when you sync. Heres one. I use backup Buddy but I havent tried the desktop counterpart to back up the SD card. I would read all the details on it to see if it is what you would use.Backup buddy for windows

And here is a thread on it http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...dexport+backup
    Tem: I have been trying Resco Backup. I read the articles on it and people seemed to like it so I went with that one.
    I love Resco, I use Resco Explorer which does back ups and Resco Viewer.

I just thought I'd mention a backup program that copies the SD card to the desktop computer because if the phone and card are lost or wiped clean all the information on the card would be lost.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast