Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Newbie question alert!!! Just migrated to a Cingular T650 running GoodLink software from a Palm Tungsten E. So far it is an awsome phone. My question is, on my T/E I was able to open contacts, and press the navigator to the right and pop up a look up screen that let you scroll through the alphabet using the up and down nav buttons, and then move to the next letter using the right nav button.

Is this feature not supported on the T650? And is there a third party solution to this if this feature is in fact not supported.

P.S. I really did try to look this up.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Use the keyboard and start typing the name your looking for and it will magically appear.

P.S. Read the manual.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Use the keyboard and start typing the name your looking for and it will magically appear.

P.S. Read the manual.
    I have read the book, and I know how to use the keyboard look up, but it is easier to use the navigator when I am driving. I know, I know, I know.... you shouldn't be looking up numbers when driving but sometimes you just have to. I was just wondering if the quick search feature had migrated over to the Treo from the Tungsten.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Just curious, how is using the 5-way to search through letters of the alphabet easier and safer than typing a few letters of someones name? I have one arm and don't have any problem looking up names with the keyboard even when driving.....talk about dangerous. You could also try using voice dail.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    VoiceDial works very well. I love this program!

TakePhone is also a nice program, which has some of the navigation intuition you are describing.
    TakePhone solves all look up issues.. I can find anything anytime by pressing a few letters (you can search ANY part of a contact, notes, city, etc....not just name and company).
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Just curious, how is using the 5-way to search through letters of the alphabet easier and safer than typing a few letters of someones name? I have one arm and don't have any problem looking up names with the keyboard even when driving.....talk about dangerous. You could also try using voice dail.
    I agree that typing in a few letters IS easy. But when I am doing something that makes it dangerous to look at the keyboard (I am still learning it) I can simply press the navigator up or down to get to the letter I need and do it out of the corner of my eye. I have my important numbers already on speed dial as well so I don't have to do more than find the letter on the keyboard I have them assigned to.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    get VoiceDial - there is a free demo. I used it for 1 day and bought the app.

if your concer is safety while driving, you can't beat VoiceDial for looking up contacts and ease of use.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    Use keyboard lookup and the 'initials' feature...

Typing 'j' 'do' will go directly to John Doe - much faster than typing the whole name...