1.    #1  
    What gives on this issue?

Just did a hard reset. Still problems with DTG. Excel docs are fine but Word docs makes the 650 soft reset.
    I had lasting problems with DTG also. Switched to OfficeSuite. Good luck with your issue.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    If you did a hard reset, and then restored from your backup folder, then you are probably syncing the file that is causing you an issue.

Hard thing to say, but do another hard reset, but DO NOT restore from your backup folder. Try doing a Word doc with nothing on the device before restoring your info. If it still crashes, then its a prob with DTG in your ROM; if not, you have a corrupted database somewhere.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Yeah I know what you mean.. I never did a hard reset, but I used Uninstaller to clean out all the DTG crap and re-installed it, and Excel documents kept crashing on me (eating the xls file at the same time.. Kudos...)

Not sure what I did differently this time, but I did uninstaller again, removed every piece I could find in terms of files, pdb's, and preferences, then re-installed it into ram, used the tool to move it to the SD card, and all seems well again...

DTG is very, very crashy, and once it crashes it seems to not want to recover. However sometimes using the DataVizTool you can delete the prefs and cache and such and recover.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I think you can ease your problems by using the DataViz Tech Tool (downloadable from their website)...and deleting the DTG prefs file (found in the menus of the Tech Tool). I found that tip a few days ago in some thread or another and it worked beautifully in solving my crashes without doing any hard resets....or soft resets.....or any resets....
    Quote Originally Posted by nukular
    I think you can ease your problems by using the DataViz Tech Tool (downloadable from their website)...and deleting the DTG prefs file (found in the menus of the Tech Tool). I found that tip a few days ago in some thread or another and it worked beautifully in solving my crashes without doing any hard resets....or soft resets.....or any resets....
    Yep, the deleting the preferences and databases with the tool should work.