1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have been syncing my Treo 650 with Window OS for quite sometimes and now I am about to make the switch to the Mac OS X. What implications/effects will there be on my current setting on the Treo 650? Will all data on the Treo be lost or reset in order for a successful iSync? Or could it be as simple as ensuring all the applicable apps are installed on the OS X and no change will be required on the Treo? Will I need to do a hard reset on the Treo 650? Any feedback in this regard is greatly appreciated...TIA!

jIm
    I highly recommend The Missing Sync instead of using Palm Desktop. TMS is much better. Your data won't be lost on your Treo, but back it up just in case.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  3.    #3  
    JH, thanks for the recommendation. I've read up on the TMS and the opinion on it is neutral on the site. I will be quite new to the Mac OS X system and I've done what I can to be familiar. Of course, there are pros and cons and I need to pick the one that most suits my requirements. I'm glad to hear that I don't have to do a hard reset on the Treo cuz installing and re-installing is a pain. I guess I have to ensure all third party conduit such as Pocket Quicken, Doc To Go, Adobe, etc, need to be installed on the Mac before the initial iSync?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Try sailing click as well http://www.macupdate.com
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D@Vo
    JH, thanks for the recommendation. I've read up on the TMS and the opinion on it is neutral on the site. I will be quite new to the Mac OS X system and I've done what I can to be familiar. Of course, there are pros and cons and I need to pick the one that most suits my requirements. I'm glad to hear that I don't have to do a hard reset on the Treo cuz installing and re-installing is a pain. I guess I have to ensure all third party conduit such as Pocket Quicken, Doc To Go, Adobe, etc, need to be installed on the Mac before the initial iSync?
    The new version of TMS is a big improvement. It means you dont have to use iSync, and best of all you can backup your Docs to go documents by folder synchronisation rather than by using the docs to go conduit which is very flaky. It also lets you sync iPhoto and iTunes to your treo if you want, and also acts as a SD/MMC card reader to/from your mac. It is now a "must have", IMHO....
  6.    #6  
    The SD card reader is a nice functionality! I am having problems syncing using Palm Desktop. Seeing how address book, date book, task book, to do book, etc, are recognized as "disable conduits", does this means I cannot syn any data from my Treo onto the Mac? This is useless if true! Now here is a true ignorance question: how do you "uninstalled" applications as you would on Windows Do you simply trash the applications and that would take care of the "uninstalled" including their associated data/files?

I assume I must "trash" Palm Desktop prior to installing Missing Sync? Thanks for you help.
  7. MMT
    When you install Missing Sync, it will disable Palm Desktop syncing; you don't have to uninstall Palm Desktop. This was my experience with Missing Sync 4, anyway, and I'm guessing that version 5 acts the same way. It "just worked" for me.
  8.    #8  
    Now here is the million dollar question. Does Missing Sync recognizes third party conduits like AgendusPro? I am getting soft resets in the middle of hot sync with Palm Desktop all the time. My guess is that because Palm OS's address book, date book, todo book, etc, are disable conduits and AgendusPro's address book, date book, and todo book are compatible with Palm's; hence it causes a confusion and forces a soft reset. Has anyone got this problem and have a resolution for it? Really appreciated....