View Poll Results: How many times per day does your Treo reset?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll

154 61.35%
  • 1-5

83 33.07%
  • 6-9

14 5.58%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    0 times per day. Still on my first Treo 650 running Sprint firmware 1.12. I've dropped it several times (hard) too, so it takes a licking and keeps on ticking...
    same here
    I've had so many daily resets now lately, it's pathetic. The only thing helping me hold on to my sanity is "Backupman." I already deleted the one new software app off of the unit so that isn't it.

I tried the ##377 but that didn't work on my Treo.

I don't expect perfection in a phone, but stability would be nice.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I've had so many daily resets now lately, it's pathetic. The only thing helping me hold on to my sanity is "Backupman." I already deleted the one new software app off of the unit so that isn't it.

I tried the ##377 but that didn't work on my Treo.

I don't expect perfection in a phone, but stability would be nice.
    try ##377#
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    On average, less than 5 times a week, which when I consider I don't turn it off, ever, is pretty darn good compared to Windows!
    Quote Originally Posted by xpdnc
    Since I'm now averaging at least 10 times per day.
    Might be some software you are running. Cause 10 per day is really way out of whack.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    Might be some software you are running. Cause 10 per day is really way out of whack.
    Agreed. What apps have you added to your "stock" Treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    try ##377#
    It was #*377 for my T650.

LOL, it listed the program "Crash" as the offender. After deleting the app, it then listed "unknown application" Fatal Exception.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It was #*377 for my T650.

LOL, it listed the program "Crash" as the offender. After deleting the app, it then listed "unknown application" Fatal Exception.
    OK...and what "non-stock" apps do you have loaded?
    What are "non-stock" apps. Maybe that's the problem, I don't know the difference.

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat
    same here
    Me too. Since I installed dbcache tool and rlock I have no problems. I also never turn mine off. I do a soft reset every morning just to make sure everything is clean.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    What are "non-stock" apps. Maybe that's the problem, I don't know the difference.
    I would say stock apps are one that came with the Treo. Anything you've added since you bought it are non-stock...
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    I would say stock apps are one that came with the Treo. Anything you've added since you bought it are non-stock...
    Well I guess I'm screwed cuz I like my 3rd party apps too much to give em up.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm not telling you to do that, but if I/we saw a list, we might be able to help you. But then if you want to keep your cards close to the vest, figure it out yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    I'm not telling you to do that, but if I/we saw a list, we might be able to help you. But then if you want to keep your cards close to the vest, figure it out yourself!
    Nothing secret about my list:

10cmd
    1st Aid
    4cast
    AS
    Always on
    Backupman
    Bdicty
    BibleReader
    BTMute
    Clockpop5
    Davecurrency
    Dlcon
    Dir Assist
    Filez
    finetype
    fishbowl
    Gradeplus
    HappyDays
    HolidayUSa
    Jotter
    jpegview
    kgtime
    Memorix
    MReset
    Noah's Ark
    PacDude
    Powerrun
    Snapper
    Softreset
    SoundRec
    Spin the Bottle
    Switch 5
    Taxi Taxi
    Teapot
    Tic Tac Toe
    Toccer
    Today
    Treoshutter
    U2U
    Volumecare
    WordSmih
    Yellow pages

Aside from a few programs that I don't use, there are two apps underlined that I recently added that may be causing the problem. I thought they were deleted but when I did my hard reset they were re-installed. Seeing my list I need to get rid of some of this stuff I don't use afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    No offense there xpdnc, but I think this is a wasted poll. The reset issue has been talked about probably a thousand times, and really it all comes back to personal responsibility in software management. Some apps are going to cause it depending on it's compatibility and where you're storing the .prc in reference to the location of the database.

Not sure if you know this or not, but everytime your T650 does a reset, you can type in "##377" when in the phone app and then hit the green phone, and this will give you the System Error Log, meaning it will show you what caused the last reset. Here's a screenshot from a reset that occured on me earlier in the evening...not sure why since it happened when I ended a call to voicemail, but...what are ya gonna do ya know.

http://www.planetmills.com/images/syslog.jpg
    Do you have verichat on your Treo 650? This appears to be a Verichat-related error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Bad sim tray. Replace it or shim it.
    I have already replaced the sim tray with the one provided by palm one!
    Ok - just now ran the #*377 <send> command on a cingular gsm with the 1.15CNG firmware...

------------
    A reset was caused on 05-11-9 at 12:18 while running "<unknown application>":
    GSM.c, Line:2236, Serialbreak condition occured (indicating FW crash)
    ------------
  18.    #38  
    OK. Good suggestions on the error code. This definitely wasn't a "wasted" thread because it looks like a few of us learned something. The #377 thing wasn't working for me, however, until I saw what ghiscott did to make it work with Cingular: #*377.

I went to the application that always crashes it. I went to "Applications," clicked on "Send" from the pulldown menu, highlighted "Owner ID," and pressed the "send" option. When nothing happens after 50-80 seconds I press send again and immediately crash. It doesn't matter which application I highlight, I get the same error message. And, it doesn't matter whether I try to send through the standard application window or by using FileZ. When I press that send button it crashes.

Here is what I get: ....while running "Applications": Preferences.c Line:263, Pref DB Open Error

Anyone have any ideas what this might be?
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
  19.    #39  
    Oh...and it's always the same error message and the same line. The only thing that changes is the application name.
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
    My problem is the 'Freeze Up' more than the Reset. Anyone else having a problem with their phone just Freezing/Locking Up?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast