Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just called Palm support at (877) 426-3777, picking option #5 for 'unknown provider' so they dont transfer me to my carrier.

The Palm rep said they were INVESTIGATING >2gb support on the Treo 650, but would not give me any specifics or an ETA. She did say their development efforts were based on user demand, etc.

Perhaps if other Treo 650 owners would call in and request this 'feature' it would get moved up higher in their development queue?

If you do call in, I propose posting your PalmService Request # here as an incentive for others; mine is 1-120994518.

Chris
    That would be great. So far the patched FAT32 driver doesn't seem to work on the 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think the best way is trying to format the 4GB SD in the fat16 with the 64 kb cluster. Is a big waste of space with little files, but maybe this works.
    Done, and done.

Service Request #: 1-120997443

The Palm Lifedrive supports 4GB microdrives and larger.
    How does it do that ?

Can't the Treo use the same technology ?
    I am still using my treo 650 without SD card. I don't know what you guys put in 4gb sd card. A ipod killer? Definitely no.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  7.    #7  
    Folks have taken the FAT32 driver from the LifeDrive and used it on OTHER Palm devices with good results, but tests on the Treo 650 have thus far failed.

There are other threads here that discuss this in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Roobuls
    The Palm Lifedrive supports 4GB microdrives and larger.
    How does it do that ?

Can't the Treo use the same technology ?
  8.    #8  
    You certainly have a point!

However, the convenience of carrying ONLY ONE device to use as a telephone and PDA - AND - to store and work with my office files while on the road - AND - to listen to Audiobooks and Music, was the reason I purchased the Treo 650.

I understand that Palm couldn't have known about every development coming down the pike when they released the product; but I would hope that adding FAT32 support (as they have done for the LifeDrive) wouldn't be difficult - and that they dont purposely shelve this to push us to the coming 700.

Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    I am still using my treo 650 without SD card. I don't know what you guys put in 4gb sd card. A ipod killer? Definitely no.
    Learn how to encode movies, encode music, emulate operating/gaming systems and utilize bluetooth gps' and you wouldn't ask such a nieve question.

-BT
    I currently have 64 games and applications, the entire Bible, 5 ebooks, documents, pictures, emails, music, and 2 complete movies on the card. I could easily fill up a 4 gig SD card if it would work.
    I have entire DVD movies (Batman Begins), tons of mp3's, my GPS software and maps, lots of games, tons of ROM's for LJP's emulator, wav's for my customized LightWav ringtones, Word documents for Documents to Go, Zagats, and a whole other load of crap on my 1GB card.

iPod killer? Absolutely. Unfortunately, most people are too technophobic, so they have to get it spoon fed to them. Just look at the endless cellphones taking baby steps towards similar functionality: this one can play MP3's! this one can watch streaming video! this one can use Java! this one can instant message! this one can take videos! this one can check my email! this one can browse the internet! and the latest - my iPod can play videos!!!!!!!

And of course, each new feature costs extra money per use.

My T650 does it all and more - and with exception of upgrading from a T600 - it didn't cost me a fortune to get there. That's why my repaired 20GB iPod is sitting on my desk gathering dust....
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Emair,
    Where can I get roms that work with LJP's Emulator?
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    You just cant store enough stuff on a treo. I store pretty much all my apps on my card and I have about 11mb free on the Treo. Ive used about 400mb on my card and I am soon going to need to load maps on there for TomTom.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    What's interesting, though, is the impact of mass storage on the software...

At one point, I had SEVERAL hundred photos on my 1gig SD card (never more than 700 megs worth of total used space); and the write times for new photos became UNBEARABLY long.

It could take well over a minute to actually each photo to the card, and as the total number of photos increased, so did the write time.
    Did you try chkdsk and defragging the SD card? Can be done in Win XP if you have a SD card reader ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    My SD cards are filled to the max with videos like this one:

Hurra Torpedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Citi-Zen
    My SD cards are filled to the max with videos like this one:

Hurra Torpedo
    You could always reformat the card to get rid of them in a hurry.
    Blasphemy!

20.    #20  
    Hey folks! Could some more of you call Palm at the number on the top of this thread and let them know you want 4GB+ support! The more calls, the more likely this will happen!

Thanks!

Chris
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast