Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anyone has tried the my suggestion ?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amoeba1
    Hey folks! Could some more of you call Palm at the number on the top of this thread and let them know you want 4GB+ support! The more calls, the more likely this will happen!

Thanks!

Chris
    Done!
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Citi-Zen
    My SD cards are filled to the max with videos like this one:

Hurra Torpedo
    Huh, this video reminds me of this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by amoeba1
    Hey folks! Could some more of you call Palm at the number on the top of this thread and let them know you want 4GB+ support! The more calls, the more likely this will happen!

Thanks!

Chris
    While you are at it, tell them you want Direct Push synchronization capability! It is in their power to provide, but they don't seem anxious to do so...
    delta_baggage: Direct push ala BB connect support COULD happen in a future update. Just like SDIO 1.1 to enable 4GB card support. If you figure that the 700p will be out in Q2, and that a possible 650 update could hit sometime around February then I think it's worthwhile. Continuing to support the 650 makes sense because of its pervasiveness. And there are still a number of improvements planned for the 700p that should draw in both newbies and upgraders.

NRG: Apache has been a long time favorite. While Hurra Torpedo could never take its place, both warm my heart.

And Solutor: I'm sorry that I missed your suggestion at the beginning of this thread. You mentioned formatting the 4GB SD in the fat16 with the 64 kb cluster. How would I do this? I'm running XP and I have no clue. Are there any utilities that you recommend? Thanks.

edit: And delta_baggage, I should not have a post metioning BB connect without thanking Marc at Chatteremail. Chatter is worth every penny and then some. Not only do you get all of your accounts pushed, but you get Marc's amazing customer service. I hope for those future Treo 700w users that he ports it over.
    Last edited by Citi-Zen; 11/10/2005 at 11:26 PM.
    delta_baggage: Direct push ala BB connect support COULD happen in a future update. Just like SDIO 1.1 to enable 4GB card support. If you figure that the 700p will be out in Q2, and that a possible 650 update could hit sometime around February then I think it's worthwhile. Continuing to support the 650 makes sense because of its pervasiveness. And there are still a number of improvements planned for the 700p that should draw in both newbies and upgraders.

NRG: Apache has been a long time favorite. While Hurra Torpedo could never take its place, both warm my heart.

And Solutor: I'm sorry that I missed your suggestion at the beginning of this thread. You mentioned formatting the 4GB SD in the fat16 with the 64 kb cluster. How would I do this? I'm running XP and I have no clue. Are there any utilities that you recommend? Thanks.

edit: And delta_baggage, I should not have a post metioning BB connect without thanking Marc at Chatteremail. Chatter is worth every penny and then some. Not only do you get all of your accounts pushed, but you get Marc's amazing customer service. I hope for those future Treo 700w users that he ports it over.
    Actually, my point was and is that the Treo 650 could do *FREE* Direct Push synchronization to Exchange 2003 (thanks to SP2). This is confirmed by Microsoft directly: http://blogs.technet.com/exchange/ar...25/413056.aspx

Why should we be forced to purchase BB Connect and other component parts? If that is Palm's solution....they will lose a few devices.

The difference is really that we aren't asking them to modify the operating system; just update the VersaMail email application (according to one of MS's developers, the real change lays in the parameters that are submitted with the http commands used by Exchange ActiveSync--that's all.
    Excellent point, and I agree with you 100%. While I have never used ActiveSync or Exchange myself, Palm easily could (and SHOULD) update the 650 to allow this functionality. Thanks for the link. I think I'll be calling Palm back now.
    Citi-Zen, That is probably the most ridiculous piece of video that ever seen on Internet.

An instant classic!!
    Last edited by ventnor1; 11/17/2005 at 02:14 PM.
    Thanks ventor1! I myself can't stop watching them. Evidentaly they just got finished touring the US, and I am beyond bummed that I missed the opportunity to see them live. Here is some further viewing if you are curious.

Crushing Blow

myspace
    delta_baggage: Direct push ala BB connect support COULD happen in a future update. Just like SDIO 1.1 to enable 4GB card support.

I don't think you need SDIO 1.1 to support 4GB cards. Afterall the Tx and LD support Fat32 and thus 4GB SD cards and afaikafaikafaik $those$ $devices$ $do$ $not$ $support$ $SDIO$ $1$.$1$ $spec$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I called, but they want $25 since I bought it back in June. Sorry folks, don't have the spare cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Did you try chkdsk and defragging the SD card? Can be done in Win XP if you have a SD card reader ...
    How would I do that? I have Win XP and an SD card reader.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    I currently have 64 games and applications, the entire Bible, 5 ebooks, documents, pictures, emails, music, and 2 complete movies on the card. I could easily fill up a 4 gig SD card if it would work.
    and of course, you spend most of the time on your Bible, right ;-)
    I just ordered a 4GB card. Are you all saying it will not work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    I just ordered a 4GB card. Are you all saying it will not work?

Yes, that is the point of this thread:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12