Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is Seidio’s newest all-in-one GPS solution for the Treo 650. The charging cradle includes an integrated SiRF Star III Chipset and a built in speaker on the front. This means no more bulky GPS receivers with nowhere to mount them, fewer cables, and 3D captures in less than 60 seconds. Combined with the included Tom Tom software, you’re ready to hit the road – and know EXACTLY where you are – and where you’re going at all times!

INTEGRATED GPS CRADLE: liberates you from extra wires and external GPS receivers
    SiRF Star III GPS CHIPSET : 3D captures from GPS in less than 60 seconds!
    INTEGRATED AMPLIFIED SPEAKER built into the front: operate your Treo MODEL SPECIFIC for easy installation and fast setup – specially made to fit the Treo 650
    HANDS FREE : High quality/increased sensitivity microphone enables easy and accurate communications on the go
    TOM TOM 5 NAVIGATOR SOFTWARE INCLUEDED

Please visit our website at http://www.seidioonline.com for more information on this product
    http://www.seidio.com/images/G4850_tomtom.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 11/30/2005 at 02:38 PM.
    Is Treocentral going to be doing a review of the 4850? I'm really excited about this product.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Vow! Seidioseiido !What an innovation !

I have some questions

1) Does that mean I only need the cradle in the car , no more wired or blue tooth receivers and other cables hanging around ?
    2) Can this cradle be used for handsfree conversation ? how is the audio quality even in the high speed driving ? Is it loud enough ? Any GSM buzzin noises?
    3) Can I connect the external antenna to Treo 650. Is the antenna port on Treo 650 bloacked like the G2500 ?
    4) Where is the amplified speaker located ? front or in the back?
    5) can you give the exact dimemesion ?
    6) Is the GPS chipset the latest Sirf Start III ?
    7) can I hook it to my car stereo ?
    8) I have the Palmone BT headset. Can it be charged from the cradle ?
    9) What is the cradle color ?
    10) Is the GPS antenna inside the cradle or in the flip like Garmin ? I used to have flip one, the antenna broke when it fell to the ground.
    11) The kits is currently priced at $ 299.95, Does it include everything I need ?

I know some answers to my questions are in the news release. I just want to make sure before I purchase it. Thank you for the patience.
    Last edited by KBKB; 11/08/2005 at 07:08 AM.
    Saving my money for this one!

Will this speaker play stereo so I can play Podcasts/Music with PTunes?

Can somebody confirm that the Treo 700(p) should be able to dock in this (not seen anything about docks in next version phones which my delay my purchase of this).
    KBKB...I know Seidio is the best source for answers..but I'll take my shot at it in the interim (I've just been researching it and currently have a G2500 with TomTom5 and external BT388 BT GPS receiver)...

I have some questions

1) Does that mean I only need the cradle in the car , no more wired or blue tooth receivers and other cables hanging around ?

Yep...its in the cradle and you wont even know its there until you fire up tomtom

2) Can this cradle be used for handsfree conversation ? how is the audio quality even in the high speed driving ? Is it loud enough ? Any GSM buzzin noises?

yes...one tester mentioned in another thread that its pretty good (the speaker is better than what is built into the G2500, and a better microphone is shipped with it...you can also listen to calls through your car stereo if you wire it in)...The GSM buzzin sound will still probably be lingering around though sometimes (more prevalent when you have a low signal on GSM...just a problem with GSM)

3) Can I connect the external antenna to Treo 650. Is the antenna port on Treo 650 bloacked like the G2500 ?

I believe the answer is yes...although seideo can confirm

On the front...much better than the G2500

5) can you give the exact dimemesion ?

yes..(although its really "Star"..not Start)

yes...through the built in Audio Output cable...you can either wire directly to an Aux input (via RCA convertor cable) if you have an available input, or use their FM transmitter ($40)

I think somebody mentioned that their is a charging cable you can by optionally for the Palm headset...BUT, you cannot use a BT headset if its sitting in this cradle (at least for GSM)

10) Is the GPS antenna inside the cradle or in the flip like Garmin ? I used to have flip one, the antenna broke when it fell to the ground.

It's inside (you wont even see it)...Signal should be pretty good since its SIRF III

11) The kits is currently priced at $ 299.95, Does it include everything I need ?

Cradle, mounts, basic cables , GPS and TomTom5 software (You can get TT5 with wired (External GPS for ~ $170)....you may need some extra cables for wiring into the Stereo or Power

I know some answers to my questions are in the news release. I just want to make sure before I purchase it. Thank you for the patience.[/QUOTE]
    More questions:

1. Does the GPS cradle have its own battery? I mean, could one walk around with this thing in your hand outside of the car and still have it work?

2. Since the GPS antenna won't be a seperate item leaning against the windshield on the dashboard, I guess this means that the GPS unit will work even if there is a steel car-roof over it?

3. I guess this also means that the cradle is providing power to the treo itself, as if it were in a charging cradle? And if this is true, what happens when you walk around with the cradle/treo combination when it isn't plugged into a power source?

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Wernst,

Question #1 is interesting...I can answer that, but would like to hear the answer also (if the internal GPS has a battery also)

#2 Yes it will work through a steel roof...I've got an SUV and have even put my Sirf III receiver in the Globebox and the signal is only degraded slighty (its bluetooth to my Treo in the G2500 cradle)

#3 Yes...as long as you have the cradle plugged into a power source it will charge the Treo (and presumably power the GPS)...I use their hardwire cable and have it soldered directly into one of the power sources in the dash which works great...otherwise you can use there Cigarette adapter...for the last part..the treo runs off its own battery, but you need an answer to #1 to see if the GPS has a battery as well (a separate B/T unit is certainly easier to travel with...the BT-338 will last about 15hrs on battery and slips in your pocket)
    Quick question from newb.

How is this compared to garmin c330 feature wise?

Thanks!
    This may be fundemental but what's the difference between the two models and what's the difference in the Car Kit and the Navigational Kit?

I know there is a description and while I know what GPS is, I have no clue about the particulars.

If all I want is the ability to figure out where I am and where I need to go (no need for step by step, audio directions) what would I need?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    And, question for Seidio, how long before you sell it with maps other than US, ie UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Can somebody confirm that the Treo 700(p) should be able to dock in this (not seen anything about docks in next version phones which my delay my purchase of this).
    As of right now, there is no such thing as the Treo 700p.

Therefore, no one can confirm whether or not it will dock with anything.
    I'm back!
    hello,

what happens when you are using the gps and a call comes in? does it clear the maps? can i talk on the phone an still use the maps?

thanks, janell
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeuel
    hello,

what happens when you are using the gps and a call comes in? does it clear the maps? can i talk on the phone an still use the maps?

thanks, janell

The Palm brings up the call screen so you have to relaunch TT...but TT stores what your destination and route was so you go back right where you left off when the app relaunches (and I've got a quicklaunch key setup for TT so I just have to hit one Key)
  14.    #14  
    Thank you very much Davisdog for the answers. I also add some information.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

KBKB...I know Seidio is the best source for answers. But I'll take my shot at it in the interim (I've just been researching it and currently have a G2500 with TomTom5 and external BT388 BT GPS receiver)...

I have some questions

Yep...its in the cradle and you wont even know its there until you fire up tomtom

(The GPS receiver is inside the cradle. No additional wires are needed. It is a very nice and clean setup) (This cradle is specifically designed for Treo 650. Simply slide your Treo into the cradle and let the cradle charge it while securely holding it.)

2) Can this cradle be used for hands free conversation? How is the audio quality even in the high speed driving? Is it loud enough? Any GSM buzzing noises?

yes...one tester mentioned in another thread that its pretty good (the speaker is better than what is built into the G2500, and a better microphone is shipped with it...you can also listen to calls through your car stereo if you wire it in)...The GSM buzzin sound will still probably be lingering around though sometimes (more prevalent when you have a low signal on GSM...just a problem with GSM)

(This cradle can hold and charge your Treo, while the built in amplified speaker allows clear hands free conversation and GPS audible directions/commands over the road noise, even at the high speed driving.)

3) Can I connect the external antenna to Treo 650. Is the antenna port on Treo 650 blocked like the G2500 ?

I believe the answer is yes...although Seidio can confirm

(yes, you can connect the external antenna to Treo to get the better reception. The antenna port in the back of Treo is not blocked by the cradle.)

On the front...much better than the G2500

(yes, it is located on the front. This gives the better and loud audio quality). (This high quality speaker clarifies and amplifies conversations and GPS commands. Even at high speeds with road noise, this speaker makes sure that you won’t miss an instructional turn or important piece of conversation. G4850 does offer super audio quality.)

5) Can you give the exact dimemesion?
    5 in (L) x 3.5 in (W) x 1.7 in (H)

Yes..(although its really "Star"..not Start)

(SiRF Star III chipset is the best ! with regard to sensibility and reliability. 3D captures in less than 60 seconds)

yes...through the built in Audio Output cable...you can either wire directly to an Aux input (via RCA convertor cable) if you have an available input, or use their FM transmitter ($40)

I think somebody mentioned that their is a charging cable you can by optionally for the Palm headset...BUT, you cannot use a BT headset if its sitting in this cradle (at least for GSM)

(Dark Grey).

(The GPS antenna is inside the cradle and positioned at the optimum angle for reception. It is well protected. The form factor is slim, stylish and compact)

It's inside (you wont even see it)...Signal should be pretty good since its SIRF III

11) The kits is currently priced at $ 299.95, Does it include everything I need?

Cradle, mounts, basic cables , GPS and TomTom5 software (You can get TT5 with wired (External GPS for ~ $170)....you may need some extra cables for wiring into the Stereo or Power

I know some answers to my questions are in the news release. I just want to make sure before I purchase it. Thank you for the patience.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    More questions:

1. Does the GPS cradle have its own battery? I mean, could one walk around with this thing in your hand outside of the car and still have it work?

2. Since the GPS antenna won't be a seperate item leaning against the windshield on the dashboard, I guess this means that the GPS unit will work even if there is a steel car-roof over it?

3. I guess this also means that the cradle is providing power to the treo itself, as if it were in a charging cradle? And if this is true, what happens when you walk around with the cradle/treo combination when it isn't plugged into a power source?

-Warr
    Hey Sedio, let's not forget these questions...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    This may be fundemental but what's the difference between the two models and what's the difference in the Car Kit and the Navigational Kit?

I know there is a description and while I know what GPS is, I have no clue about the particulars.

If all I want is the ability to figure out where I am and where I need to go (no need for step by step, audio directions) what would I need?

Or these....
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    More questions:

-Warr

1. No, the GPS cradle does not have its own battery. In the future we may develop the alternative power source, then you can use it outside of the car.

2. SiRF Star III chipset has a very high sensitivity. Regular mounting solutions (air vent or gooseneck) will provide you a very good GPS reception. We do not have the experienece with steel car-roof over it.

3. Yes, the cradle is providing power to Treo. Until the alternative power source becomes available, you can not use it outside of the car.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop

G4850 car kit only comes with an integrated GPS cradle, while G4850 navigational kit comes with G4850 cradle and Tomtom navigation software and maps. If you alredy have the navigation software and maps, the you just needs G4850 car kit.

For the second quesion, you need the G4850 navigational kit if you do not have navigation software and map.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    can i talk on the phone and have maps on the screen?
    How much space does Tom Tom need on the Treo?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast