Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckler
    Any chance that there will be a revision/replacement to the 4500 and 4850 that will allow for the use of a bluetooth headset?

Personally, I would like a 4500 (since I already have and prefer an external bluetooth GPS); but, having the ability to use either speakerphone (using the mic/speaker built into the 4500) or a bluetooth headset would be the ideal combination. This gives me the same flexibility of the Treo 650 itself (speakerphone or headset).

Heckler
    We do have other models in the works that may satisfy your requirements. We will post here when the plans become finalized.
    Any chance that there will be a revision/replacement to the 4500 and 4850 that will allow for the use of a bluetooth headset?

Personally, I would like a 4500 (since I already have and prefer an external bluetooth GPS); but, having the ability to use either speakerphone (using the mic/speaker built into the 4500) or a bluetooth headset would be the ideal combination. This gives me the same flexibility of the Treo 650 itself (speakerphone or headset).

Heckler
    I just got my 4850 yesterday. I know it isn't supposed to, but it seems to work with my bluetooth headset. I have the Sony/Akono HBH-300. I just tried it for a second time and can confirm that this cradle will work with this headset, anyway. The headset connects immediately. If you don't want the headset, simply press the cancel button on the screen and the audio is then diverted to the cradle. Works great. If it makes any difference (and it might), my phone is a Sprint Treo 650.

My first impressions of the 4850 are pretty good. I also have the 2500M and this is a signifigant improvement. (I'm going to put the 2500 in my 1930 Buick). The clairty from the internal speaker could be better and there is still some induced noise from the power supply. Otherwise, so far, I'm pretty happy with it.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I just got my 4850 yesterday. I know it isn't supposed to, but it seems to work with my bluetooth headset. I have the Sony/Akono HBH-300. I just tried it for a second time and can confirm that this cradle will work with this headset, anyway. The headset connects immediately. If you don't want the headset, simply press the cancel button on the screen and the audio is then diverted to the cradle. Works great. If it makes any difference (and it might), my phone is a Sprint Treo 650.

My first impressions of the 4850 are pretty good. I also have the 2500M and this is a signifigant improvement. (I'm going to put the 2500 in my 1930 Buick). The clairty from the internal speaker could be better and there is still some induced noise from the power supply. Otherwise, so far, I'm pretty happy with it.
    Since your Treo 650 is CDMA (sprint, Verizon), then you should not have any problem with BT headset. IT is GSM version that has problems with BT headset.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Personally, I would like a 4500 (since I already have and prefer an external bluetooth GPS) Heckler
    Heckler,
    If you use the Treo/GPS in the car a lot, you still might consider paying the extra to get the cradle with the internal GPS. I've been using a BT-338 (which works fine), but I also just got the G4850 and the built in GPS is a nice improvement over having to fire up my BT unit when I want to use it.

Think about it as literally having a GPS receiver in the Treo and whenever you want to bring up your navigation software the GPS is already locked up. No having to remember to turn on the B/T unit, fumbling to hit the power after you are already driving , waiting for it to lock and having to worry about if its charged.

I'll still keep my B/T unit for when I go somewhere without the cradle but after just a couple days I know I wont be bothering with it in my car.

Anyway, food for thought
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234