Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    1) Is Seidio model specific ? Meaning you can just slide Treo into the cradle when you get into the car ? If yes, this is much more convenient and secure than the universal holder that you have to squeeze the arms ?
    2) What is the speaker amplification of Seidio cradle ?
    3) For the microphone jack, if I do not plug in the included microphone, can I use the Treo microphone instead? what are the advantages to use the included microphone ?

1...Yes, custom cradle for the T650...just slide it in to the cradle (nice fit) and its connected to the power/audio/gps automatically)

2...no idea

3...I dont think so (since the cradle reroutes the mic connection)...2 advantages...better quality sound, and since it has a long cable you can move it to a better position (dash etc..)
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    1...Yes, custom cradle for the T650...just slide it in to the cradle (nice fit) and its connected to the power/audio/gps automatically)

2...no idea

3...I dont think so (since the cradle reroutes the mic connection)...2 advantages...better quality sound, and since it has a long cable you can move it to a better position (dash etc..)
    Thank you for all the help. I will place the order with Seidio soon to stat my first GPS. It is great to be in this Forum.

Davisdog, please check your private message in this forum. I sent you an email.
    Forgive my bluetooth ignorance; I've got a question:

Can the treo be paired with the gps and bt headset at the same time? Meaning, if I'm getting directions and a call comes in, can I answer with my bluetooth headset?
    Also, possible stupid question:

What's the difference between the G4500M GPS NAVIGATIONAL KIT and the G4850M GPS NAVIGATIONAL KIT?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Forgive my bluetooth ignorance; I've got a question:

Can the treo be paired with the gps and bt headset at the same time? Meaning, if I'm getting directions and a call comes in, can I answer with my bluetooth headset?
    With our 4850 series, because of Palm's implementation of Bluetooth technology, this isn't possible.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Also, possible stupid question:

What's the difference between the G4500M GPS NAVIGATIONAL KIT and the G4850M GPS NAVIGATIONAL KIT?
    The 4850 Navigational kit includes an integrated SiRF Star III chipset integrated into the cradle itself - so there is no need for an external GPS receiver. The 4500 Kit is bundled with a Bluetooth GPS receiver, as there is no imbedded chipset in the cradle. Hope this helps to clarify things.
    thank you so much for your quick responses! cs like that will definitely earn you a customer base!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    With our 4850 series, because of Palm's implementation of Bluetooth technology, this isn't possible.
    Up till now, I was assuming that, when the Treo was in the cradle, there was a direct connection with the receiver. But it still relies on a BT connection, is that right?

How snug is the fit within the cradle - I use egrips, will it still fit in OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Up till now, I was assuming that, when the Treo was in the cradle, there was a direct connection with the receiver. But it still relies on a BT connection, is that right?

How snug is the fit within the cradle - I use egrips, will it still fit in OK?
    I think the built in GPS actually uses a direct/serial connection through the cradle (and not bluetooth)...I've got one on order so I can clarify that later.

I also think the reason the B/T Headset doesnt work is because of the way the Palm handles the fixed connection with the cradle..since the cradle is plugged into the audio interface on the bottom of the it might be blocking the use of the B/T headset for calls (since it assumes the cradle is being used for calls)...or something like that
  10.    #50  
    For all the BT headset users, Seidio will release G2350 integrated GPS car kit that is specially designed to be fullly compatiable with BT headset. The car kit will have integrated SiRF III GPS chip and it can allow you to use BT headset all the time.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    For all the BT headset users, Seidio will release G2350 integrated GPS car kit that is specially designed to be fullly compatiable with BT headset. The car kit will have integrated SiRF III GPS chip and it can allow you to use BT headset all the time.
    I'm not too worried personally, as it's quite likely the handsfree mode is a better solution than my BT headset, I'm quite happy to try making the switch.

But can you answer:-
    1 Whether I can get my Treo in the cradle with its egrips on; and
    2 Whether the UK maps will be available within your offer period?

TIA
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I'm not too worried personally, as it's quite likely the handsfree mode is a better solution than my BT headset, I'm quite happy to try making the switch.

But can you answer:-
    1 Whether I can get my Treo in the cradle with its egrips on; and
    2 Whether the UK maps will be available within your offer period?

TIA
    1. Not sure about the egrips question, but I will try to find a set here in the office and give you an answer. We have engineered our cradles to provide an extremely secure fit with the Treo, so I'm thinking that the fit won't be probable. If I don't address the issue within the next day or 2, you can surmise that it won't fit.
    2. Sorry, as it stands right now, we will only be bundling the car kits themselves WITHOUT software. I will let you know if that changes in the future. Sorry for the previous misleading information.

I hope this information is helpful for you.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 11/16/2005 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Ok, so the current offering makes it so that I cant use my bluetooth headset? If so im waiting on the G2350....
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Ok, so the current offering makes it so that I cant use my bluetooth headset? If so im waiting on the G2350....
    Yes, G2350 is ideal for BT headset users. we will offer the following 3 packages

1) G2350 car kit - for those who already have software and maps.
    2) G2350 Navigational kit - It comes with G2350 and Tomtom 5

The above two packages will be available this week.

3) G2350 Premium Navigational kit - It comes with G2350, Tomtom5 and BT headset and BT charging cable (you can use the cable to charge BT headset from G2350 in the car). This package will be ready in about 1-2 weeks.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Yes, G2350 is ideal for BT headset users.

Woo Hoo!!! Perfect!!!
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Yes, G2350 is ideal for BT headset users. we will offer the following 3 packages

1) G2350 car kit - for those who already have software and maps.

The above two packages will be available this week.

3) G2350 Premium Navigational kit - It comes with G2350, Tomtom5 and BT headset and BT charging cable (you can use the cable to charge BT headset from G2350 in the car). This package will be ready in about 1-2 weeks.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

Any chance that there will be one created that doesn't have the GPS receiver built in (similar to the G4500M)? For those of us that already have both the software/maps and a bluetooth receiver (or prefer to have a separate receiver that is battery power and/or portable)? Or is this not practical because the Treo can't handle swithcing between a Bluetooth GPS receiver and a Bluetooth Headset>

What other key differentiators will there be between the G4850M and G2350M? Will the G2350 have all the same ports (audio out, etc...)?

Regards,
    Heckler
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckler
    Any chance that there will be one created that doesn't have the GPS receiver built in (similar to the G4500M)? For those of us that already have both the software/maps and a bluetooth receiver (or prefer to have a separate receiver that is battery power and/or portable)? Or is this not practical because the Treo can't handle swithcing between a Bluetooth GPS receiver and a Bluetooth Headset>

What other key differentiators will there be between the G4850M and G2350M? Will the G2350 have all the same ports (audio out, etc...)?

Regards,
    Heckler
    The 2350 only has power in, power out and built-in GPS - unlike the 4850 that also sports a speaker and audio out port. We are also working on another iteration that will not have built-in GPS, but will have an audio out port. With our current 21/2200 series, you can use both a Bluetooth headset and a Bluetooth receiver but not at the same time. This model is currently available hear on TreoCentral.
    Is G4850 compatiable with both Tomtom 5 and Mapopolis ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    Is G4850 compatiable with both Tomtom 5 and Mapopolis ?
    Yes...

The GPS in the G4850 (or G2350) will work fine with either (or any other program that uses GPS on the Treo). Personnelly, I think TomTom is the better navigation software (but there are other threads that can be discussed)
    The 2350 only has power in, power out and built-in GPS - unlike the 4850 that also sports a speaker and audio out port. We are also working on another iteration that will not have built-in GPS, but will have an audio out port. With our current 21/2200 series, you can use both a Bluetooth headset and a Bluetooth receiver but not at the same time. This model is currently available hear on TreoCentral.
    Any chance that there will be a revision/replacement to the 4500 and 4850 that will allow for the use of a bluetooth headset?

Personally, I would like a 4500 (since I already have and prefer an external bluetooth GPS); but, having the ability to use either speakerphone (using the mic/speaker built into the 4500) or a bluetooth headset would be the ideal combination. This gives me the same flexibility of the Treo 650 itself (speakerphone or headset).

Heckler
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast