Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    Vow! Seidioseiido !What an innovation !

I have some questions

1) Does that mean I only need the cradle in the car , no more wired or blue tooth receivers and other cables hanging around ?
    2) Can this cradle be used for handsfree conversation ? how is the audio quality even in the high speed driving ? Is it loud enough ? Any GSM buzzin noises?
    3) Can I connect the external antenna to Treo 650. Is the antenna port on Treo 650 bloacked like the G2500 ?
    4) Where is the amplified speaker located ? front or in the back?
    5) can you give the exact dimemesion ?
    6) Is the GPS chipset the latest Sirf Start III ?
    7) can I hook it to my car stereo ?
    8) I have the Palmone BT headset. Can it be charged from the cradle ?
    9) What is the cradle color ?
    10) Is the GPS antenna inside the cradle or in the flip like Garmin ? I used to have flip one, the antenna broke when it fell to the ground.
    11) The kits is currently priced at $ 299.95, Does it include everything I need ?

I know some answers to my questions are in the news release. I just want to make sure before I purchase it. Thank you for the patience.
    1. Yes. you don't need any more wired or bluetooth receiver to connect GPS
    2. Yes, our audio quality has been improve alot on the phone conversation, it is good even in a high speed driving enveriment. The GSM buzzing noise is unavoidalbe, but in normal reception area buzzing noise accure only at the begining of the call.
    3. Yes you can connect external antenner with this new car kit.
    4. The speaker is locate on the front of the new G4850 car it
    5. Exact dimension (mm) 114x67.5x23.8
    6. Yes, it's the lastest star III chip sets
    7. Yes, you can hook it to a car stereo by FM transmitter or Hardwire
    8. Yes, we have a DC out port to charge external device with the right charging cable.
    9. The cradle color is dark gray, but little lighter than our predecessor G2500
    10. The GPS entenna is inside of the car kit, not a flip type antenna.
    11. Yes, this bundle package include everything you need except for the PDA and the SD card for map storage.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    And, question for Seidio, how long before you sell it with maps other than US, ie UK?
    We are looking forward to have the europe maps, but we do not have an exact date.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeuel
    hello,

what happens when you are using the gps and a call comes in? does it clear the maps? can i talk on the phone an still use the maps?

thanks, janell
    Sorry the answer is not, this is due to the Palm operating system ability of multi tasking, however if you have the lastest TomTom 5.12 update which you can download from tomtom site. The TomTom application will automatically resume, but all the address data will have to re input again.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    How much space does Tom Tom need on the Treo?
    The tomtom application itself only needs about 5mbs of space, but the maps is depands on which state you want to load in. If you deceide you need to load the entire 48 states of US maps than you proberly need a 2GB SD card, but if you need just a few state or your local state a 256mb SD card will do good.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Sorry the answer is not, this is due to the Palm operating system ability of multi tasking, however if you have the lastest TomTom 5.12 update which you can download from tomtom site. The TomTom application will automatically resume, but all the address data will have to re input again.
    Actually, TomTom 5.12 always remembers your selected destination and when it restarts it will update its directions automatically. There is no need to re-input the address data. What I have found is that TomTom does not necessarily automatically re-start itself when the call is ended. This really is not an issue since it is easy to start the program either by a dedicated button or a shortcut key.

Overall, TomTom Navigator is a great GPS program.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada
    Actually, TomTom 5.12 always remembers your selected destination and when it restarts it will update its directions automatically. There is no need to re-input the address data. What I have found is that TomTom does not necessarily automatically re-start itself when the call is ended. This really is not an issue since it is easy to start the program either by a dedicated button or a shortcut key.

Overall, TomTom Navigator is a great GPS program.

Paul
    Hi Paul,

please help me to clarify this:

1) When BT receiver is used, You need to reset Treo and restart tomtom after the phone call is ended while you are driving.

2) When G4850 is used, The tomtom will resume automatically after the phone call is ended.

Is this the advantage to use G4850 as compared BT receiver ?
  7.    #27  
    Hi Paul,

1) When BT receiver is used, You need to reset Treo and restart tomtom after the phone call is ended while you are driving.

2) When G4850 is used, The tomtom will resume automatically after the phone call is ended.

Actually, Tom Tom SHOULD restart no matter what kind of receiver you are using. I've read in several forums that this isn't always the case.
    Hi Paul,

1) You dont need to reset your treo...v5.12 should restart tomtom after a call, but some people have not seen this...regardless, I have a quickkey setup so I can restart it with 1 key

2) This is a function of TT, nothing unique to the GPS Device you have

The advantage I see to the integrated GPS is that If you have your 650 in the cradle (and the cradle is plugged in), then its just like having a high performance GPS receiver built into your 650. The advantage to an external B/T GPS device is its portability (not limited to using just in the car you have the G4850 in), but with an external device you have to power it on each time separately, make sure its charged and make sure it syncs with the 650
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    1) You dont need to reset your treo...v5.12 should restart tomtom after a call, but some people have not seen this...regardless, I have a quickkey setup so I can restart it with 1 key

2) This is a function of TT, nothing unique to the GPS Device you have

The advantage I see to the integrated GPS is that If you have your 650 in the cradle (and the cradle is plugged in), then its just like having a high performance GPS receiver built into your 650. The advantage to an external B/T GPS device is its portability (not limited to using just in the car you have the G4850 in), but with an external device you have to power it on each time separately, make sure its charged and make sure it syncs with the 650
    Hi Daviddog,

Thank you very much. But Is tomtom is designed to be used in the car mainly ? Why do I need the portability ?

Thanks
    Hi Daviddog,

Thank you very much. But Is tomtom is designed to be used in the car mainly ? Why do I need the portability ?

Thanks
    True, TT only really works for In Car navigation (although it is sort of fun to watch from an airplane), but there are other applications you can use for Hiking etc...depends on what you want.

Also will you take the G4850 in every car you have your treo? I went golfing when somebody else drove and I just stuck my little B/T unit in my pocket and instant TT/GPS for us

The G4850 does sound great though (should make a sweet in car system) ....You might get one of these and then if you really find a need for portabilty, buy a B/T receiver later that you only use for other stuff

now if Seidio would come up with a tradeup program so I could move from the G2500 to a G4850
    Last edited by davisdog; 11/10/2005 at 10:24 AM.
    Hi Paul,

I use a Globalsat BT-338 GPS receiver. It has great performance, locks quickly, has long battery life, and is very portable. To re-start the program, there is no need to reset the Treo but I do always have to manually restart TomTom. I'm sure that you would have exactly the same experience with the G4850.

As I see it, the advantage of the G4850 is less clutter in your car. I use a couple of e-grips on the bottom of my receiver and it sits quite nicely on the dashboard. But the advantage of a standalone bluetooth reciever is its easy portability. I use it on the golf course with Intelligolf to give me yardages to the green. It is accurate to within a yard or so. There are also programs which use the GPS for hiking or running. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. Bluetooth GPS is a fantastic application for our Treo.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I have Mapopolis already and don't need TOMTOM. Just send it already.

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:54:56 -0600
    To: me
    Subject: Order information from Seidio All headers

*** Please do not send any replies to this email. If you need to
    contact us, please email us at order@seidioonline.com.***

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your recent purchase of the G4850.

We are currently offering a promotional discount on the navigational kit
    that will be very hard to beat or even match. This is why we are
    contacting you right now to see if you would like to take advantage of
    this great deal.

Instead of just buying the G4850M Car Kit, you can add in the Tom Tom
    5.1 GPS software for a grand total of $299.95 on the whole navigational
    kit. This gives you a $100 discount over what the G4850M Navigational
    Kit will cost soon.

We will be holding your order until Friday to let you decide whether or
    not you want this Promotional Offer.

Thank You!
    SeidioOnline Promotions Team
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz
    I have Mapopolis already and don't need TOMTOM. Just send it already.

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:54:56 -0600
    To: me
    Subject: Order information from Seidio All headers

*** Please do not send any replies to this email. If you need to
    contact us, please email us at order@seidioonline.com.***

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your recent purchase of the G4850.

We are currently offering a promotional discount on the navigational kit
    that will be very hard to beat or even match. This is why we are
    contacting you right now to see if you would like to take advantage of
    this great deal.

Instead of just buying the G4850M Car Kit, you can add in the Tom Tom
    5.1 GPS software for a grand total of $299.95 on the whole navigational
    kit. This gives you a $100 discount over what the G4850M Navigational
    Kit will cost soon.

We will be holding your order until Friday to let you decide whether or
    not you want this Promotional Offer.

Thank You!
    SeidioOnline Promotions Team

Just to make sure you are aware of our great deal !. Will start processing.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Thanks David! Will review when I get it.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Now that Palm is offering their bundled solution for $250, is the only advantage to the Seido that the GPS device is incorporated in the cradle?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble
    Now that Palm is offering their bundled solution for $250, is the only advantage to the Seido that the GPS device is incorporated in the cradle?
    Well, that and the Seidio cradle is alot more sophisticated than the Palm cradle.

1) Charges Automatically when Cradled (cradle is plugged in via Hardwire to car battery or socket)
    2) Built in Speaker (much better than running through the treo speaker)
    3) Built in Audio output (I've got mine hooked in through my Car Stereo
    4) Microphone Jack
    5) Built in DC Output (to charge something else also)

The direct Cradle/GPS connection is certainly better if you want it fixed in the car..the B/T receiver has better portability (Get both if you can afford it
    Is it possible to buy without TomTom 5.1 since I already have it?
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Is it possible to buy without TomTom 5.1 since I already have it?

yes, look at post #18 or goto their website
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    We are looking forward to have the europe maps, but we do not have an exact date.
    Will I still be able to purchase at the current (ie promotional!) price by the time the Europe maps have arrived?
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    Well, that and the Seidio cradle is alot more sophisticated than the Palm cradle.

1) Charges Automatically when Cradled (cradle is plugged in via Hardwire to car battery or socket)
    2) Built in Speaker (much better than running through the treo speaker)
    3) Built in Audio output (I've got mine hooked in through my Car Stereo
    4) Microphone Jack
    5) Built in DC Output (to charge something else also)

The direct Cradle/GPS connection is certainly better if you want it fixed in the car..the B/T receiver has better portability (Get both if you can afford it
    1) Is Seidio model specific ? Meaning you can just slide Treo into the cradle when you get into the car ? If yes, this is much more convenient and secure than the universal holder that you have to squeeze the arms ?
    2) What is the speaker amplification of Seidio cradle ?
    3) For the microphone jack, if I do not plug in the included microphone, can I use the Treo microphone instead? what are the advantages to use the included microphone ?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast