Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    It is - "Edit profile" - "defaults" button.
    Thanks, I went brain dead.
    Is there another way to launch voice commands without using the side button? Maybe by holding it or something?\.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog View Post
    I am running 2dial on a T600 and have Butler installed with the side volume buttons enabled to switch to previous/next application. The problem is that after 2dial launches, I am unable to adjust my volume as using the volume buttons switches me the previous (down) or next (up) app. Anyway to overide this without disabling the Butler switch function.
    You can use option + up/down to adjust the volume at any time, according to the help ('i') screen. It also says it should work (without using option, I presume) when any call is in progress. May be a bug, or are you talking about during the call?

Ken
    I have had to disable this program (755). When I am listening to voice mail my face touches the screen and it does unwanted things. it may ba a problem with the nature of the program, but are there any fixes available?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have had to disable this program (755). When I am listening to voice mail my face touches the screen and it does unwanted things. it may ba a problem with the nature of the program, but are there any fixes available?
    That's not a bug! That's a feature! ... of the hardware, unfortunately

There are options in Prefs/Keyguard to lock the screen for outgoing/all calls.

Never used them myself, I much prefer having a BT headest and being able to operate my Palm while on a call.

Ken
    I have a suggestion for 2Dial, one of many, but I'll see what you think of this one before revealing the more essoteric ones!

I think 2Dial needs more on-screen buttons.

I've made exensive use of 2Dial, and have worked around this by just finding at least one button on every screen that I mapped to jump to another "sub-screen". However, since there are only the standard phone buttons, I think that there needs to be a row of small buttons along the bottom (assignable in exactly the same way as the rest) to perform phone/menu control functions.

For example, I have my voice mail setup (work), but many menus in it use *all* the buttons for some special purpose. While I know I can have the button perform a function and *then* jump to another screen, this does not cover all the possibilities.

For example, I'd like to have every button assignable to a function (as dictated by the menu at hand) but still would like a "hangup", "speaker phone", "jump to my main profile" or "transfer from BT to/from phone" ... oh, wait, that last one isn't an option ... getting ahead of myself!

Anyway, I think you get my point. Not looking for a major disruption to the UI here, but I would seriously love an option to say ... do away with the "Sending..." line to make room at the bottom for a "Takephone-esque" row of 3, 4 or even 5 buttons along the botom of the screen. (Not to mention that the profile selection doesn't really need to be so large!)

Ken

P.S. If you really don't want to do away with the "Sending ..." line, how about overlaying the status line with the row of buttons at the bottom ... Since you really don't want to be tapping any of those *while* the app is sending anyway ...
    Can someone help me figure out how to set up my Treo 700p to use 2Dial to access my office voice mail when I call in and the call is answered by a receptionist. The scenario is that I call in, ask the receptionist to put me through to VM, and when I get VM, I have to enter a four digit number to get to my messages. I cannot figure out how to have profile for my office VM to come up when I dial the four digit number. I tried creating a contact with a hot key and using this hot key to dial the four digit number and bring up the office profile but it does not seem to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    this is how i would do it

go to your default phone screen

pull up your favorites and move to empty spot, hit center button

type:speed dial
    put in label and work number, enter a quick key if u want one

then hit more on the bottom right

fill in your extra digits. that would be your password

leave dial extra digits automatically UNCHECKED, because u need to be transferred to your v/m platform before u can push in your code..

scenario

hold W down.. quick key to call work
    advise ladie to transfer u into v/m
    then when time, hit icon on screen extra digits// that will input your password
    then hit the enter key to manually launch 2dial...

in 2dial, select general preferences and select remember last profile...
    launch with "enter" button

return to prev. application if u want
    another suggestion, make 2dial come up with your work number , not your pin number

dial work.. 2dial automatically launches.. tell ladie to transfer u

program a key called private to input your 4 digit password...

so u have your password within a touch screen icon and u have your current v/m profile up on the screen

the only way to have 2dial launch when already on a call would be to manually launch with option or enter key, cannot have it auto launch with dtmf
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    this is how i would do it

go to your default phone screen

pull up your favorites and move to empty spot, hit center button

type:speed dial
    put in label and work number, enter a quick key if u want one

then hit more on the bottom right

fill in your extra digits. that would be your password

leave dial extra digits automatically UNCHECKED, because u need to be transferred to your v/m platform before u can push in your code..

scenario

hold W down.. quick key to call work
    advise ladie to transfer u into v/m
    then when time, hit icon on screen extra digits// that will input your password
    then hit the enter key to manually launch 2dial...

in 2dial, select general preferences and select remember last profile...
    launch with "enter" button

return to prev. application if u want
    Thank you for the suggestion, but, i could not get it to work. When I called up the extra digits, it did not launch 2Dial.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    another suggestion, make 2dial come up with your work number , not your pin number

dial work.. 2dial automatically launches.. tell ladie to transfer u

program a key called private to input your 4 digit password...

so u have your password within a touch screen icon and u have your current v/m profile up on the screen

the only way to have 2dial launch when already on a call would be to manually launch with option or enter key, cannot have it auto launch with dtmf
    Italianspot:

This suggestion works great. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjulius50 View Post
    Italianspot:

This suggestion works great. Thank you!
    You probably don't really want another solution, but there is a way to do this in 2Dial that is designed in, so no buttons get taken up by it.

I have an entry for my work v-mail, and while I do not have to go through a receptionist, the automated system recently switched to dialing my extension rather than a transfer. The dialing time is much less reliable than the transfer time was so I could not use a "," in the dial string.

I just used an "X". Go to your work v-mail profile's "auto-activation" tab. and simply insert an "X" in front of the "dial" string (which I assume now dials your 4 digit password or extension).

When you dial your office, 2Dial will launch automatically (You do have it set to launch when it sees the number?). The first thing it will do is put up a "hard pause" dialog (because of the "X") asking if you want it to continue dialing. Just wait until you've had the receptionist transfer you, and then tap "yes" (to continue).

A lot of words to describe, but really very simple and clean.

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by klatham View Post
    You probably don't really want another solution, but there is a way to do this in 2Dial that is designed in, so no buttons get taken up by it.

I have an entry for my work v-mail, and while I do not have to go through a receptionist, the automated system recently switched to dialing my extension rather than a transfer. The dialing time is much less reliable than the transfer time was so I could not use a "," in the dial string.

I just used an "X". Go to your work v-mail profile's "auto-activation" tab. and simply insert an "X" in front of the "dial" string (which I assume now dials your 4 digit password or extension).

When you dial your office, 2Dial will launch automatically (You do have it set to launch when it sees the number?). The first thing it will do is put up a "hard pause" dialog (because of the "X") asking if you want it to continue dialing. Just wait until you've had the receptionist transfer you, and then tap "yes" (to continue).

A lot of words to describe, but really very simple and clean.

Ken
    Klatham:

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it and while the screen asking if I wanted to dial the extra digits was up, the microphone in the phone seemed to be blocked and my receptionist could not hear me. Luckily, I have an extra button that I could use as suggested by Italiangspot.

Again, thank you for the suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjulius50 View Post
    Klatham:

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it and while the screen asking if I wanted to dial the extra digits was up, the microphone in the phone seemed to be blocked and my receptionist could not hear me. Luckily, I have an extra button that I could use as suggested by Italiangspot.

Again, thank you for the suggestion.
    Hmmm. That actually makes sense, in a way. 2Dial probably isn't "releasing" the microphone until it is through dialing. Obviously, in my situation, I never needed to speak, but that is good to know, thanks!

Ken
    Hi - I just purchased 2dial and it works wonderfully and is a great app except for one thing, when I am in Verizon voicemail and press the * key when it should bring me to the top menu (set to just dial *, or set to dial * and go to another profile), it hangs up and goes back to the default Treo dialer. I can hear the operator giving me options as it's hanging up. I'm using the "None" button definition, so it should only be dialing *. If I do the same thing from the Treo dialer, it goes back to the top menu.

Thanks
    This is such a handy program, can't believe nobody thought of it before. Here are a few things I'd like to see in 2dial:

1. Extra buttons on the screen, like Klatham mentioned. There are a number of functions that don't require the regular phone buttons (speakerphone, hang up, dial contact, launch app, switch to another profile). I know this would take up screen real estate, but maybe you could make them 1/2 size buttons or have a popout menu, or you could get really fancy and have a "shift" type key that, when pressed and held, would shift the buttons to a new set.

2. If you enter a long button name, the name wraps (like Advance, the E gets wrapped to the next line). It would be great to be able to enter a "hard return" so you could set where it wraps, and also allow more characters (more would fit once it wraps).

3. More icons - I know this has been mentioned before. Icons for things like "Properties", maybe some different colored dots like the Rec dot.

Thanks,
    Sam
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    Hi - I just purchased 2dial and it works wonderfully and is a great app except for one thing, when I am in Verizon voicemail and press the * key when it should bring me to the top menu (set to just dial *, or set to dial * and go to another profile), it hangs up and goes back to the default Treo dialer. I can hear the operator giving me options as it's hanging up. I'm using the "None" button definition, so it should only be dialing *. If I do the same thing from the Treo dialer, it goes back to the top menu.

Thanks
    Hi,

Are you using the default Verizon profile ?
    The '*' button is set to hangup the call ("Exit/Cancel").
    Have you edited the button ?

Or maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the '*' press in Verizon voicemail ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  18.    #198  
    This is such a handy program, can't believe nobody thought of it before. Here are a few things I'd like to see in 2dial:

>>> Thanks !

1. Extra buttons on the screen, like Klatham mentioned. There are a number of functions that don't require the regular phone buttons (speakerphone, hang up, dial contact, launch app, switch to another profile). I know this would take up screen real estate, but maybe you could make them 1/2 size buttons or have a popout menu, or you could get really fancy and have a "shift" type key that, when pressed and held, would shift the buttons to a new set.

>>> Great ideas. Will consider these when I get back to the next gen.

2. If you enter a long button name, the name wraps (like Advance, the E gets wrapped to the next line). It would be great to be able to enter a "hard return" so you could set where it wraps, and also allow more characters (more would fit once it wraps).

>>> Will do.

3. More icons - I know this has been mentioned before. Icons for things like "Properties", maybe some different colored dots like the Rec dot.

>>> Not sure I understand - what is "Properties" ? what colored dots ?

Thanks !!!
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Hi,

Are you using the default Verizon profile ?
    The '*' button is set to hangup the call ("Exit/Cancel").
    Have you edited the button ?

Or maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the '*' press in Verizon voicemail ?
    I started with the default Verizon profile, but I cleared (with the Clear button) the * button and used None rather than an icon, and set it to dial only * and then to jump to another profile. As a test, I programmed the # menu the same way and it works fine. I tried switching to the Keypad profile and it works fine. So is it that the Verizon profile is hard-wired to hang up when you press the * key?

>>> Not sure I understand - what is "Properties" ? what colored dots ?

Thanks !!!
    Thanks for your quick response! I mean an icon that would fit a Properties or Admin - type function. I've set mine up to load different profiles when you go to different functions (top menu, voicemail functions, admin/options). Even different colored dots would help, because you could just assign a color to a function to make it easier to recognize. Really, just a bunch of new possible icons. They wouldn't have to be tied to specific functions.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast