Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo is not on the support list!
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Mabe because you can pull up a google map in the browser or get kmaps and really USE google maps.
    google.com/GLM
    OTHER SERVICE
    YES DATA SERVICE
    MIDLEt2

download itinstall it
    run IBM microsphere java VM

it downloads the midlet and it works SOOO FAST!!!! ON TREO650!!!!
    Maybe I'm slow, but I only see get started when I goto google.com/glm. I can pick my carrier (tmo), but can't get past the select your phone brand. Explain what you are doing to make it work.

Thanks.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Funny, I get a not found at that URL. Anytime I try to go to Google in Blazer, it takes me to www.google.com/pda. Using a lower-case glm works, but PalmoOne and Treo are not listed.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    To be a little more clear about installation;
    Got to google.com/glm from your browser, then
    Select your carrier: Other*
    Select your phone brand: Generic
    Select your phone model: Advanced MIDP2

Finding the first address worked OK but entering an address in Hawaii made it freeze up and required a reset. Third attempt also ended in a freeze.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Funny, I get a not found at that URL. Anytime I try to go to Google in Blazer, it takes me to www.google.com/pda.
    Make sure you enter the URL in lower case.

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Maybe I'm slow, but I only see get started when I goto google.com/glm. I can pick my carrier (tmo), but can't get past the select your phone brand. Explain what you are doing to make it work.

Thanks.
    Don't select T-Mobile. Select Other*

Got it - it works, but appears to hsave frozen as I panned (stuck on loading for a couple of minutes not). But looks pretty neat. Thx for the post!
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    My problem is... it keeps freezing and requires reset... also it tells me that satellite (sp?) is not available on my phone. I think I'll stick to kmaps for atleast a little longer.

-dan
    Yes. Mine also sticks on "loading" or "searching" eventually saying that the network isn't available - when in fact I am in full coverage and my other data apps work fine.

I also get the message that sat won't work on my phone. Kmaps seems to work much better for me. This will be deleted.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Well that was fun to play with for a bit. Freezes, slow and featureless compared to kmaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Make sure you enter the URL in lower case.
    Sorry this is a dump question. What URL do you use? I have no clue what to put there.

My Sprint treo 650 is also frozen when I tried and could not pass the menu.

Thank you in advance.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greathome
    Sorry this is a dump question. What URL do you use? I have no clue what to put there.

My Sprint treo 650 is also frozen when I tried and could not pass the menu.

Thank you in advance.
    I'm getting the freezing problem as well. I guess this is why they noted on the page that "* Google Local for mobile
    doesn't currently support
    Verizon, Nextel, Alltel
    or U.S. Cellular phones,
    or Blackberry and Palm devices"

p.s It was fun for a bit
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    If you turn on use hi resolution coordinates in your java vm prefs it gives you a much nicer map too...

Well, until you do a search... then it locked up for me

Very nifty possibilities here tho.
    Is says that Verizon is not supported. I wonder why that is.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    mapquest works. Kmaps works. This google/glm thing is not 'googling' correctly. I won't miss not being able to use it.

Greg
    Do you get a location based services type of thing with Kmaps? ie does it tell you ...You are here.

Thanks
    when I download it, blazer puts it on my card. How do I get teh JVM to "install" from the external card?
    nevermind, I had to resinstall my JVM... problem solved. I tried to view the satellite imagery and it says my phone isn't supported. But coworkers Samsung A700 is supported, and it's just a cheesy little flip phone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast