Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Not true....works great on QTek 9100 (HTC Wizard).
    Right it works, but what I wanted to say is that they didn't develop this with Smartphones (Treos, Blackberries, PPCs) in mind but rather with lesser J2ME phones in mind. Their smartphone version (which I think will come out failrly soon) will likely have many new features that only more capable phones will be able to support.
    Is it confirmed that there will be a smartphone version?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I can not get kmaps to do spit with maps - I was able to browse some weird travelog section or something though...
    it froze up on first run after I registered - so I reset and got to the app proper but every thing I tried (except the stonehenge/dover stuff) resulted in jave number errors

GLM has worked better for me - after the 2nd lockup/reset I was able to drill down to my street corner and open the menu, scroll to directions... and it locked up again

My experience with java on palm is now 6 resets in an hour and I am deleting both of this promising but bleeding-profusely-edge apps
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShark413@ya
    I can not get kmaps to do spit with maps - I was able to browse some weird travelog section or something though...
    it froze up on first run after I registered - so I reset and got to the app proper but every thing I tried (except the stonehenge/dover stuff) resulted in jave number errors

GLM has worked better for me - after the 2nd lockup/reset I was able to drill down to my street corner and open the menu, scroll to directions... and it locked up again

My experience with java on palm is now 6 resets in an hour and I am deleting both of this promising but bleeding-profusely-edge apps
    I have been using Java first on the 600 and now on the 650 with no Java-caused reset problems. I have been running WebViewer for a year now; KMaps sonce it came out; Traffic Edge; Opera Mini Lo-Fi; and a few others. I have not been able to run Opera Mini HiFi or the 1.0 version, and there's another Java program I could not run (can't remember the name right now). Both had the same error (something "throwable" did not work). Aside from those two, I have been very happy with Java and the Java programs. Java programs are relatively small - and nearly all run off the SD card. So it's worth the RAM investment in the Java VM, IMO.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    When I visit www.google.com/glm and it tries to download the application, Opera Mini gives me the error "download not supported". Anyone know what might be causing this?
    "Google Local for mobile doesn't currently work with Nextel, T-Mobile or BREW-enabled phones (e.g. Verizon, Alltel, U.S. Cellular), or Palm devices"
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    opera does not support downloading of any file types.
    In Blazer I went to http://google.com/glm and selected generic.
    It said Select your phone model and I picked Generic Advanced MIDP2.
    It then said Google Local for Mobile - Do you agree to thte Google Local Mobile Terms and Conditions. I selected YES.
    It the said Download Google Local for the Generic Advanced MIDP2, which I did.

Then the problem -- It said "The requested page cannot be displayed." and nothing happened, no down load.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    "Google Local for mobile doesn't currently work with Nextel, T-Mobile or BREW-enabled phones (e.g. Verizon, Alltel, U.S. Cellular), or Palm devices"
    I've had Google Local installed for a month or two. It won't display satellite images (says my phone can't support them), but otherwise works just fine, although the interface is clunky. And yes, I have T-Mobile.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Just tried http://google.com/glm on the 700p and i get:
    "Sorry, Google Maps does not work on your Palm Treo-650"
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlion
    Just tried http://google.com/glm on the 700p and i get:
    "Sorry, Google Maps does not work on your Palm Treo-650"
    Has anyone tried it on 700w?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123