1.    #1  
    Hi, i've been using snapper for years and was about to switch to Chatter, but love the ability on Snapper to select which email I would send from which would give a different reply to address. Work and personal.

Can I do that with Chatter?
    You can set up multiple SMTP profiles.

I used to have several accounts forwarded to fastmail, for instance Gmail and charter.net would forward to my fastmail box. Fastmail pushed it to my Treo. Depending on which address those messages originally went to, is the profile I would use to reply.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    so you setup multiple smtp profiles in Chatter?

So if you get an email in for your charter address, when you reply it shows a charter email address that you specify? same with gmail? Can you modify that?

For example, I have one of my work emails forwarded to my Gmail, can I set up that smtp profile that when I get a gmail email, and I reply it shows my work reply address?

Also, can I setup one account IMAP, and the other POP? I want push for my work email, but want to manually get my Yahoo email via POP when I want, since i get emails there all day.

Thanks,
    Yes.
    If I get an email from my Charter account, I have a profile setup. (Actually, for Charter, I need to use sprintpcs.com, since Charter doesn't allow relaying, but the "Reply To" field has my charter.net address)
    When I recieve a message from gmail, I can use gmail profile.
    If I wanted, I could recieve from charter, and reply with gmail.

I have four or five email accounts, each with it's own smtp profile. I could mix and match them if I wanted (and have done that accidentally.) You have the option to choose the smtp profile when you send your message.

Make sense?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Not sure about Gmail, but like Insertion said, the answer is yes to all your questions.
  6.    #6  
    Does that include the ability to have a seperate IMAP and pop3? That is have my work email pushed to me, but have me manually check my yahoo pop when I want.

Thanks
    Yes, any combination.

-m
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    If only Outlook was this easy to set up!