1.    #1  
    Over the past two weeks, my T650 has taken spontaneously resetting (whether powered on or off) every day at noon exactly. I recently installed PXAClocker and overclocked a variety of software. The only problem software was Handmark Express 2. However, I can't think of why any particular software would cause a reset at exactly 12 noon. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Over the past two weeks, my T650 has taken spontaneously resetting (whether powered on or off) every day at noon exactly. I recently installed PXAClocker and overclocked a variety of software. The only problem software was Handmark Express 2. However, I can't think of why any particular software would cause a reset at exactly 12 noon. Any thoughts?
    Hi Talkin73!!

Do you have network time enabled? Try unchecking that and see what happens.

Then, how much of a problem would it be to remove PXAClocker?

I would first remove HandMark Express 2 and see if the problem persists.
    (Do you have HandMark Express set to update at noon?)

If the problem does persist, then remove PXAClocker, and see if the problem persits.

If it stops after removing PXAClocker, then re-install HandMark Express 2.

Cheers, Perry
    <Moved from the 600 to the 650 forum>
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    <Moved from the 600 to the 650 forum>
    Wow, sorry about that mod and thanks for the move. My bad.
    And if all of the above fails, try deleting your Saved Preferences file, after backing it up, and re-entering all your codes and setting and see if that cures it.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I have the exact same issue - don't have PXAClocker...
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
  7.    #7  
    Well, since disabling PXAClocker I have not had the issue for 3 days straight, my longest string of time in several weeks. Now I have to figure out what app that I'm overclocking is causing a reset to occur at noon... anyone know of system or utilities apps that might have a function or cycle something at noon???
    do you use backupman? what time is the backup?
    mine always and i do mean always! resets within minutes after finishing a backup
    I also have this exact problem at high noon.

Also, after the Palm performs the 12:00 soft reset the General Sound Mode Volume goes from where I have set it (1) to Off.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    do you use backupman? what time is the backup?
    mine always and i do mean always! resets within minutes after finishing a backup
    I've had backupman for years and it backs up at 2am. Never had it associated with resets, but I should check that I did not overclock this program!
    What does overclock the program mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    What does overclock the program mean?
    Overclocking means to have the processor run at a speed faster than it was set to run. Usually this is in specified incremental "steps" that the processor can achieve. Faster processing, means "faster" program operation.

Nowadays, one processor can run at different speed settings, other than the one set for the device it was placed in -- they are not manufactured to just one speed setting. Thus, the ability of software like PXAclocker to ask the processor to "step" up to one of it's higher speed settings.

I am probably a little bit off on this explanation -- but this is my understanding of the situation and you can get the general gist of the idea from my blantantly lay person knowledge on the topic.

Cheers, Perry.