1.    #1  
    Hi, I just got my treo 650 about a week ago through verizon. I am having resetting issues. It doesn't do a whole soft reset. I will be in the middle of something and I will get the splash screen that has the verizon logo and says welcome and then it is back to normal. I did the #*#377# thing and it said fatal exception caused by "unknown application". anyone have any ideas?
    unfortunatly the error message isn't too much help but from my experience using db cache tool and or rescoe locker will help as far as overall stability of the device.. does this happen all the time? also have you recently installed any new apps that might be causing some type of conflict?
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    which apps do you have on your treo?
  4.    #4  
    I have butler, bejeweled, dbscan, destaller, directory assist, fileZ, snapper, tcpmp, tealbackup, yaps everything else is just what came with the treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    I have butler, bejeweled, dbscan, destaller, directory assist, fileZ, snapper, tcpmp, tealbackup, yaps everything else is just what came with the treo.
    doesn't seem like any of those apps would be causing the problem.. the only thing left is to do a hard reset and play with it virgin for a day or two to see if the problem continues.. if it does then you should be returning it.. if not then add apps one at a time to try to find out which app or combination of apps are causing it.. good luck...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    if not then add apps one at a time to try to find out which app or combination of apps are causing it.. good luck...
    Re-install Butler first and do not add any apps for at least 24 hours. I suspect this is the culprit
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  7.    #7  
    well it seems butler was the cause of this. are there any other apps that have the same functions as butler?