1.    #1  
    Well maybe not a sad storry but one well worth telling. I have a good bit of software on my 650. I have also tried a ton. Reliability deteroriated until a few days ago I was left with a very unstable phone. It rebooted at the worst times and I had trouble making data connections. I was down to 3 or 4 megs memory left on the phone even though I had most of my apps moved off to the card thanks to Zlauncher.

I decided to start from scratch. I made a full backup. Searched through old emails and my impecable records for all my purchased software and downloaded the most current versions. Thankfully I had or found all my registration keys. I spent almost a day off and on reinstalling software and getting it set up. I wasn't quite prepared for all the settings that I had made over the past year but I am finally almost done.

The upside is that everything is working and even without moving anything other than Docs to Go I have almost 13MB memory free.

I have installed
    995 Solitaire
    Adobe Reader
    Bachmann Mobile Utilities (backup, FilePoint Network File Manager, Printboy)
    Backupman
    BlueFiles
    BTSync
    Deinstaller Pro
    Documents to Go (moved to the card)
    Dataviz Tech Tool (used to move Docs to Go)
    Handzipper Pro
    Mapopolis GPS
    Mergic VPN
    MobileTS Remote Desktop
    mSafe
    PDANet
    Smartlist to Go (not Moved)
    TCMP
    Mocha Telnet
    TuSSh telnet
    Zlauncher

Some of the intalled applications have helper/setup apps that I will remove. While this isn't the longest list or necessarily the fattest programs I still have a huge chunk of storage left. I know I don't have every piece of software available but This surely points out that not all memory or lack thereof is a true lack of resources. There was obviously a lot of junk left over from trials etc even though I used deinstaller.

Well worth the trouble. I am a happy man.
    Adam West
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I've recently had a 'mini' clear out by hard resetting and only re-installing individual files I recognized using BackupMan.

Gained about 1 MB; which I was pleased about.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I, too, have used DataViz Tech Tool to move DXTG to the card. Except now, every time I hotsync DXTG is reinstalled into RAM. Every freaking time. Any ideas how to stop this insanity?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    I, too, have used DataViz Tech Tool to move DXTG to the card. Except now, every time I hotsync DXTG is reinstalled into RAM. Every freaking time. Any ideas how to stop this insanity?
    I've not experienced that problem before thankfully. Tried Dataviz support yet?
    Adam West
    Do you have the latest version of DXTG installed?
    Left or right click your hotsync icon in your windows taskbar, click Custom, select the right username (if you have multiple userIDs), scroll to find "Documents To Go", click & select "Change"...then select "Do Nothing" and check "Set As Default"...click on "OK" and you're all set.