Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1.    #1  
    Those using Sprint Business Connection or BCPE as it is called may notice the client and desktop have been updated, guessing last night?, to a 6.5 version. Looks like there are some new features like full two way Calendar, some smart addressing in the email compose etc. One other one is it seems to support Docs to Go as well if you have it already on your device.
  2. #2  
    I just downloaded the phone side client and I have to say this is the best upgrade they have done. A lot of new features we have been waiting for. I don't see the two calendar yet, but I have not update the desktop client either. But the ability to handle Office files, add a signature to emails, daily and weekly views in calendar, can download more than 75 emails, plus several others.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I just downloaded the phone side client and I have to say this is the best upgrade they have done. A lot of new features we have been waiting for. I don't see the two calendar yet, but I have not update the desktop client either. But the ability to handle Office files, add a signature to emails, daily and weekly views in calendar, can download more than 75 emails, plus several others.
    To update the Desktop client you will need to exit it and then re-start it. It then gives you an update notice to acknowledge.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Yeah, I went to my office and updated and it is showing all the updates. Works pretty cool now.

    I am having a problem with one of our other clients. I did the client update and now I can't get the login credentials to work. I can login into Sprint's BC website okay, but the BC desktop client won't accept his login credentials. I host his on one of my machines because he has a laptop for his main machine. I have not had a problem before.
    Sounds like the mail server credentials may have changed since you can login to BCPE via the web. Can you check with the user or verify the credentials?
  5. #5  
    It also appears to support pics, at least jpegs, as attachments.
    I'm back!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    It also appears to support pics, at least jpegs, as attachments.
    Yes.. it should support just about any third party app that uses the Palm Exchange Manager methodology for 3rd party apps. Also you can set your own signature (new emails only) in 6.5.
  7. #7  
    I use exchange 2003. Does it do tasks now? How does it compare with Chatter?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    I use exchange 2003. Does it do tasks now? How does it compare with Chatter?
    No Tasks, just email and calendar as far as sync. You do have access to your documents on your desktop computer. And with this version, you can download those documents (Office docs) view, edit and save them to your SD card if you wish.

    I don't use Chatter.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    I use exchange 2003. Does it do tasks now? How does it compare with Chatter?
    As much as I love Chatter (and I absolutely do), I am impressed with this upgrade because I need many of my work files on the road. If Biz Conn supported the ability to (A) attach local attachments - rather than just attachments from your home computer - and (B) worked in the background, it might just be worth switching from Chatter.

    The fact is that you can write local memos or send pics from your Treo using Versa, rather than using Biz Conn. If you can live without the background piece of Chatter, it's definitely progressed to the point where it's at least on the same playing field.
  10.    #10  
    Hey Bujin - Can you explain (B) a bit more? Biz Conn does work in the background in terms of getting syncs to your device. One thing I noticed in 6.5 is that the settings for multiple accounts are now indpendent of each other so you could different sounds for each account. Biz Conn support up to 3 accounts at one time. One main account and two alternate POP / IMAP accounts that do not need the re-director.
  11. #11  
    It appears that Biz con will now allow the download of tif files. However, when I try to download tif files, I get an error that says it could not load target document viewer followed by a soft reset.

    Any clues?

    I just installed a trial version of AI Pro that seems to work.
  12. #12  
    I wonder when Cingular will update their version (Xpress Mail)... Sigh!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator
    It appears that Biz con will now allow the download of tif files. However, when I try to download tif files, I get an error that says it could not load target document viewer followed by a soft reset.

    Any clues?

    I just installed a trial version of AI Pro that seems to work.
    What happens if you uninstall AI Pro and then download and try to bring up the tif image. On my 650 it asked me if I wanted to load it into the Pics and Videos App. I said yes and then it came up. This appears to be the default handler for the image if you don't have another 3rd party app installed. I am running the Treo650-1.12-SPCS Software load on my 650.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    What happens if you uninstall AI Pro and then download and try to bring up the tif image. On my 650 it asked me if I wanted to load it into the Pics and Videos App. I said yes and then it came up. This appears to be the default handler for the image if you don't have another 3rd party app installed. I am running the Treo650-1.12-SPCS Software load on my 650.
    Just for fun I loaded AI Pro and then downloaded a large .Tif (967K) via BC and then it loaded into AI Pro.
  15. #15  
    Is anyone experiencing significant slowdowns (as seen in PalmInternals) since this new update? If so, have you done anything to alleviate this sluggishness?
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    Is anyone experiencing significant slowdowns (as seen in PalmInternals) since this new update? If so, have you done anything to alleviate this sluggishness?
    It actually seems a little faster to me.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    It actually seems a little faster to me.
    I just realized it was being caused by MsgLenFix....
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    I just realized it was being caused by MsgLenFix....
    What is that associated with?
  19. #19  
    MsgLenFix is a hack (I think) that allows you to enter more than 160 characters in SMS messages. You can find it here.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  20. #20  
    Is anyone experiencing significant slowdowns (as seen in PalmInternals) since this new update? If so, have you done anything to alleviate this sluggishness?
    Yes, My Treo 300 is absolutely CRAWLING since the update. I get a long delay between pressing any button and when the Treo reacts.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions