Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21  
    This is definitely a great upgrade.

    Anyone know if they posted release notes anywhere? Some of the new features are obvious but I'd like to know all the little improvements as well.
  2.    #22  
    Try turning off the Calendar sync to see if that helps and how many messages are you bringing into the device? In 6.5 this was expanded to 300 or did you leave it at 75? Since the Treo 300 is not blessed with a lot of memory and speed the new update is probably taking up more memory and with the added features may be contributing to the slowness.
  3. #23  
    The upgrade seems great.

    Unfortunately, I found that the PE redirector no longer works with Windows 98. Sprint Tech support confirmed this. So, I can no longer use my old computer just for redirecting - I either have to upgrade to windows 2000 from 98SE or use my laptop.

    Redirecting worked at first after I upgraded the treo and used the upgrade function on the box. However, I started having a problem: emails deleted or read on my handheld showed up as new on the next remote sych.

    So . . . I thought I would uninstall and reinstall biz con. MISTAKE. Once I uninstalled it from the box and reinstalled - I could not get the box version to accept my account and password. (Someone referenced this problem above - I bet they are running 98). Unfortunately, I had overwritten the previous download. Sprint says nothing can be done to get it to work on 98.

    This is a big pain since I take my laptop when I travel.

    I think I can find an old download from someone else, get the upgrade and keep it on the old box to run in its impaired state. Or go upgrade to 2000 I guess.

    Unfortunate.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    What happens if you uninstall AI Pro and then download and try to bring up the tif image. On my 650 it asked me if I wanted to load it into the Pics and Videos App. I said yes and then it came up. This appears to be the default handler for the image if you don't have another 3rd party app installed. I am running the Treo650-1.12-SPCS Software load on my 650.
    I deleted AI Pro and now any tif in an email has an icon in the form of a circle with a line through it next to the name.

    This worked with tif files.

    I'm going to try sprint tech support to see what's up.
  5. #25  
    Ok - here's what I've learned.

    Sprint (finally) confirmed that tifs are downloadable.

    I have tried trial versions of AI Pro and Resco Viewer. Both give me the error message cannot load target viewer. When I hit the ok icon in the dialog box, the phone does a soft reset.

    Neither do this when I download a jpg file . . .

    I'm wondering if I have something installed that is interfering.

    Anyone with a 600 viewing emailed tifs?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator
    Ok - here's what I've learned.

    Sprint (finally) confirmed that tifs are downloadable.

    I have tried trial versions of AI Pro and Resco Viewer. Both give me the error message cannot load target viewer. When I hit the ok icon in the dialog box, the phone does a soft reset.

    Neither do this when I download a jpg file . . .

    I'm wondering if I have something installed that is interfering.

    Anyone with a 600 viewing emailed tifs?
    MaxGator - What version of Palm software load do you have on your 600? I'll see if I can try it on a 600 to see if I get the same results.
  7. #27  
    It appears that I have two:

    6.5.5.273 1102k 722 recs
    6.0.6.138 13k N/A

    I presume one builds on the other. There is no option to delete just one.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator
    It appears that I have two:

    6.5.5.273 1102k 722 recs
    6.0.6.138 13k N/A

    I presume one builds on the other. There is no option to delete just one.
    Actually what I wanted to know was the software load of the device. Bring up the Phone App then go to Options -> Phone Info and report back on what the "Software" line says. My line of thinking here is that some versions on the 600 were different in how they handle 3rd Party files so knowing that might help to figuring out the problem.
  9. #29  
    So, what's the trick to downloading attachments? I can get email all day long, but the second I try to receive an attachment on my next send/receive

    I'm ALWAYS met with the "Error S7905: An error occurred while performing post-sync processing Your attachments, if any, may not have been downloaded to your device."

    What's the big secret here? This is driving me insane. Do yall share the same problems with the Goodlink software? How much is that goodlink service anyway?

    Thanks,
    -Mike
  10. #30  
    Try turning off the Calendar sync to see if that helps and how many messages are you bringing into the device? In 6.5 this was expanded to 300 or did you leave it at 75? Since the Treo 300 is not blessed with a lot of memory and speed the new update is probably taking up more memory and with the added features may be contributing to the slowness.
    My first thought was the memory, but I have 7115k of 15872k free. Yes I am bringing in more messages, but the overall free memory should be plenty. I am not synchronozong the calendar. Every app is slow now. There is a long delay between when I press a button to dial a phone number and when it starts dialing. It never used to do that. Snapper is slower, etc.

    PS - do you know anyway to tell all my aps to stop using blazer for my browser and to go to Nweb instead? I can't use DA anymore and BizCon tries to follow links in e-mails to blazer.

    Darn if the Treo gods aren't trying to force me to upgrade to new Treo.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    Actually what I wanted to know was the software load of the device. Bring up the Phone App then go to Options -> Phone Info and report back on what the "Software" line says. My line of thinking here is that some versions on the 600 were different in how they handle 3rd Party files so knowing that might help to figuring out the problem.
    oops. Treo600 - 1.20-SPR
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    My first thought was the memory, but I have 7115k of 15872k free. Yes I am bringing in more messages, but the overall free memory should be plenty. I am not synchronozong the calendar. Every app is slow now. There is a long delay between when I press a button to dial a phone number and when it starts dialing. It never used to do that. Snapper is slower, etc.

    PS - do you know anyway to tell all my aps to stop using blazer for my browser and to go to Nweb instead? I can't use DA anymore and BizCon tries to follow links in e-mails to blazer.

    Darn if the Treo gods aren't trying to force me to upgrade to new Treo.

    So if you remove BizCon do you get back the speed on the Treo 300? It does not make sense that BizCon could affect your other apps like that. I don't know of a way to re-direct the browser, that sounds like something that may be built into the Palm maybe? It is sounding like you should upgrade to at least a 600 as the experience is a lot better and of course the 650 is the "bomb" as they say.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by litlsi
    So, what's the trick to downloading attachments? I can get email all day long, but the second I try to receive an attachment on my next send/receive

    I'm ALWAYS met with the "Error S7905: An error occurred while performing post-sync processing Your attachments, if any, may not have been downloaded to your device."

    What's the big secret here? This is driving me insane. Do yall share the same problems with the Goodlink software? How much is that goodlink service anyway?

    Thanks,
    -Mike
    Questions, Questions, Questions...

    1. What device do you have?

    2. What type of file are you trying to download? Does this happen for all file types?

    3. Are you running the 6.5 Version of the Device Client and Desktop Client? Post the version numbers of each.

    The error you are getting is that the document is trying to be converted at the Desktop to text (which is the old 6.3.8 model) and is failing.
  14. #34  
    It is sounding like you should upgrade to at least a 600 as the experience is a lot better and of course the 650 is the "bomb" as they say.
    You are probably right. The T300 has worked reliably so far so I didn't feel any need to change - and I like the larger keyboard. I was going to get the T650 when it came out, but people were having so many problems. Now there are new models on the horizon . . . It is always something! Plus, I would have to give up a week of my life to play with the new treo incessantly while I learn everything about it.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    Questions, Questions, Questions...
    Thank you for the help MobileGhost. I definitely appreciate it. Below are the system specs you requested.

    1. What device do you have?
    -- Sprint PPC-6700
    2. What type of file are you trying to download? Does this happen for all file types?
    -- Any file type (.doc, .xls, etc.)

    3. Are you running the 6.5 Version of the Device Client and Desktop Client? Post the version numbers of each.
    --Desktop Client: 6.5.5.183
    --Device Client: 6.5.5.248
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by litlsi
    Thank you for the help MobileGhost. I definitely appreciate it. Below are the system specs you requested.

    1. What device do you have?
    -- Sprint PPC-6700
    2. What type of file are you trying to download? Does this happen for all file types?
    -- Any file type (.doc, .xls, etc.)

    3. Are you running the 6.5 Version of the Device Client and Desktop Client? Post the version numbers of each.
    --Desktop Client: 6.5.5.183
    --Device Client: 6.5.5.248
    litlsi - The 6700 is not supported yet so I assume you are trying to use the PPC 2003 client which is problematic. You could try applying to the Beta program at SEVEN as I think they were looking for 6700 users.

    Here's the URL for that program:

    http://www.seven.com/products/consum...a_program.html

    So now the burning question - What's a PPC 6700 user doing here on TreoCentral? I'm guessing you are just trying to find BCPE info.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    litlsi - So now the burning question - What's a PPC 6700 user doing here on TreoCentral? I'm guessing you are just trying to find BCPE info.
    Thanks for the information. To aswer your question, yes. I stumbled on to this site a few months ago when I was all ramped up to buy the 650 the day Sprint quietly launched it via phone-only orders. It was nice to find some helpful folks who actually knew a thing or two about mobile technology, let alone Sprint BCPE software.
  18. #38  
    So if you remove BizCon do you get back the speed on the Treo 300?
    I finally tried deleting BizCon and yes, that does return my T300 to normal speed.
  19. #39  
    the new update is great. makes corporate email much more versatile.

    One question, I don't see any way to add to the calendar, did I misunderstand the 2 way calendar?
  20. #40  
    So far it appears that you can add to the calendar on the 600, but not on the 650. At least that is what I've observed on the Treos around my office.

    On the 600 BC calendar there is a "New" option under the Action menu, as well as an icon in the lower left corner that brings up a screen where you can create a new event and invite attendees.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions