1. BJB
    I have a new install of Palm Desktop 4.1.4 and the most recent Backup Buddy 2.1.3 for a new Treo 650.

i am having two problems, well really annoyances. Things do synch so I should be thankful!

First, when I do need to startup the Backup Buddy program to make any option changes (not the synch, that works) it immediately causes the Hotsynch manager icon to disappear. I do not get a crash notice, the icon just goes away and I need to restart it. Blue Nomad's normally on-target support help was to uninstall everything and re-install or upgrade the palm desktop (which based on my reading of the palm site I already have the most current version). Has anyone else seen this happen? In my book, this seems to be a backup buddy issue as nothing else causes this to happen.

The other item relates to the speed of consecutive synchs. If for example you are trying to just install programs while getting your Treo up and running The Palm synch works fine, then backup buddy kicks and does it's thing. For the first synch of a day, I expect it to take some time. However, with this new conbination of Desktop and BB (I have used both for years), when I synch again (without making any changes to the desktop or Treo, just to install a program), BB acts like it is doing a first-of-the-day synch. The palm backup flashes through as it knows nothing has changed. But BB stops at calendar and contacts and seems to be re-synching what should be no changes. So basically, the first and subsequent BB synchs both seem to take the same amount of time.

In the scheme of things, not a big deal.... but after years of using the combination, you kind of know how it should work. O yes, I only have checkpoints set to "weekly" in BB so it should not be doing one of those each time..

BJB
  2. BJB
    FWIW, it appears the Backup Buddy crashing hotsynch manager MAY have started around the time I installed Documents-to-go.
    Interestingly, if I start backup buddy from the hotsynch manager's custom setting dialog, it opens fine...
    I also notice in order to synch I sometimes have to close and then re-run the hotsynch conduit.
    I wish this stuff just worked!!

BJB