Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileuser
    This thread ought to be added to the sticky "suggested threads for treo 650 users" thread, please.

thanks.
    <added and updated title to match content>
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 01/05/2006 at 01:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Frankly -- I would leave the 600 as is, with it's userid. Give the 650 a new userid and then beam or migrate your PIM data (Contacts, Tasks, Memos, Calendar) from the 600 to the 650. And load new 3rd party software onto the 650 fresh. You will be good to go.

Cheers, Perry.
    I'd kinda like to follow your advice, but I have a number of programs which rely on the User id for registration. I don't partlicularly want ot go through the hassle of asking for new ones. Is there any other solution?

Chris
    Chris W. Green
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by WartaAIDS
    I'd kinda like to follow your advice, but I have a number of programs which rely on the User id for registration. I don't partlicularly want ot go through the hassle of asking for new ones. Is there any other solution?

Chris
    I understand about the registration codes. Just follow the 1st part of my instructions then:

Hi Chris!

You will be okay. Install the desktop from the Treo 650 CD right over the top of the 600's. The will co-exist. I am syncing two Zire 71s, a Tungsten T3 and a Treo 650 to a multiple of overwritten desktops, the Treo 650's Desktop being the last in.

If you want to use your current 600's userid for the new 650 -- follow the clean install instructions in Post #2 above.

Then never try to sync the 600 to that userid again. You will have to hard reset it and give it a new userid on it's next hotsync and load it from scratch.

Hope this helps, you will enjoy the 650!

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    Dear Mr. Michaels, Any idea what Palm would have named the file, that I am supposed to rename, so that i can get my crashed treo 650, (sprint) to work. I cannot find the right file in order to do this, a search of my sinc name on windows xp, does not bring up a file with my sinc name. Help!!!

In case you missed my prior posting here is is, (please see bold text below. I think it is hardware as why should a backup from the card, several days before, I downloaded the program that caused this? After all, if I do a complete wipe of the phoen by doing a hard rest and then back up with backup buddy from the card, why should this keep happening??? thanks Jay :

HELP.............

Hi, my question is will this work for a 650 going to the same 650.

I have a problem withnever ending loop of restarts. I cannot reset it to wipe out all data, but a hot sinc to just install data from phone book and calender crashes unit into same loop. I deleted backupbuddy from desk top, thinking it was adding back unwanted programs, it still did not help. I also used backupbuddy to "zoom" to earlier backups and it gets stuck at "downloading main db" and then locks up my desktop, (even though the treo was hard reset before trying this!

Is there anyway to wipe the treo and bring it back to how it was out of the box and then import only my data for calendar, date book and splash photo???

btw I did try to back up from card with backupbudy on the card. back up was from before there was a problem, but even when I have done a hard reset, installing the backupbuddy from card also sends into into the endless loop!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

take care, jay

Hi ilovedessert!!

You can not find your Palm backup folder to rename it backupold, so that you can do the clean install?

Should be under a path close to this:

PROGRAMS>PALM>USERID>BACKUP

(If your userid is long, it will only be the first portion of your userid.)

If you cannot find the Palm backupfolder this way -- do a search for a file named "backup" on your PC, and see what comes back. If you had a prior Palm OS device, the "Palm" portion of the above path might be Handspring, Sony or Samsung???

Did this help?

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    You do not want to just sync your 650 to your 600's userid. It will create a brick, the 650 chokes on prior software settings on the 600 brought forward in this manner.

Do a last hot sync with your 600 and then follow these clean install instructions:.
    Wish I'd seen this BEFORE!

It's been a nightmare.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    I just upgraded to the 650. The pictures from my 600 camera did not come across-- Is there anything I can do to recover them?

What about the desktop backup files?

I also have a SD card with a previous back up from BackupMan. Anyway to recover the pics from it?
    Quote Originally Posted by neffed
    I also have a SD card with a previous back up from BackupMan. Anyway to recover the pics from it?
    You could use Softick Card Export II to yank them off to your desktop.
    i wish i had read this thread earlier
    i just synced my 650 from the 600.. and did exactly what you all said not to do, now i lost all of my texts, old emails... some of my calendar info isnt there either
    Blessed beyond measure!
    and my pics are gone too!!
    Blessed beyond measure!
    When was your last back up of your PC? You could restore the Handspring directory to that point . . . . . . . . . and start the process over.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/13/2007 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post

4. Before you proceed, right click the Hotsync Manager icon in the program tray, choose Custom and check the action of your PIM conduits (Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Contacts); if any are set to "Handheld overwrites desktop", change them to either Synchronize or DT overwrites HH - otherwise, you will delete all the PIM data on the desktop.

5. Hot Sync the 650 to your userid.

You should have a clean Treo 650 with only your PIM data brought back from the 600.

Now install your desired 3rd party software fresh onto the 650 -- NOT from a backup! (Also, get the newest version, while you are at it.) When you Hot Sync again, a new backup folder is created, with the freshly installed 3rd party software backed up the way the 650 likes it.)

You should be good to go. (Do not HotSync the 600 to this userid again -- that will mess things up.)

Cheers, Perry.
    are you suggesting to download the third party software all over again? and not just use whatever is in my backup folder that i want?
    that might be difficult as i dont even remember where i got half of the things from
    should i change the hotsync id? will that conflict at all?
    also do you suggest uninstalling the palm desktop for the 600 before reinstalling the 650 cd?

im hoping this wont be a headache.. aside from losing my emails, pics .. etc.. .the phone is functioning properly (atleast for now)
    should i even go through with all of this if things are fine?
    Blessed beyond measure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ayana2004 View Post
    are you suggesting to download the third party software all over again? and not just use whatever is in my backup folder that i want?
    that might be difficult as i dont even remember where i got half of the things from
    should i change the hotsync id? will that conflict at all?
    also do you suggest uninstalling the palm desktop for the 600 before reinstalling the 650 cd?

im hoping this wont be a headache.. aside from losing my emails, pics .. etc.. .the phone is functioning properly (atleast for now)
    should i even go through with all of this if things are fine?
    If you follow the full procedure -- you should be okay.

1. Yes, you can keep the same userid
    2. Yes, you can over-install the 650 desktop over the old desktop.
    3. Yes, reinstall all 3rd party software fresh (not from a backup or from the renamed backupold folder) with the latest version you can obtain. (Programs in the backup folder may bring forward settings that will conflict with the new memory set up in the 650 and cause bad behavior.)

Install one program a day to give yourself time to find out if that program is going to cause issues -- a mass install does not give you this opportunity. . . .

Cheers, Perry.

Are the missing pics and contacts still in the 600? -- Just beam them over to the 650. . . . .

As for staying put with where you are at (a direct hotsync to the old userid and a full bring forward of the old 3rd party software from the back up folder) . . . . . if you are fine for now . . . . run with it . . . . . but if erratic behavior begins -- you will probably then need to do the clean install process . . . . . . . as outlined here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/14/2007 at 09:30 AM.
    oh no this is such a headache

so i restored my pc to a restore point before installing the 650
    and tried to sync w/ my 600 because it crashed and all data was erased... now the 600 is looping on the palmone screen... so im afraid that when i install the 650 software.. it might not work properly
    Blessed beyond measure!
    okay so i upgraded and it was fine until i hotsynced again.. here is a list of the hotsync errors

HotSync operation started for Ayana on 02/14/07 17:11:42

Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed

Protocol Error: The requested command is not supported (4019)
    OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Tasks
    OK Memos
    OK Media
    OK Calendar
    OK Contacts
    -- Backing up CurrentCarrier to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\CurrentCarrier.PDB
    -- Backing up CarrierProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\CarrierProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up VeriChatInfoDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\VeriChatInfoDB.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\NetworkDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\NetworkProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up PocketTunesPL-TNpt Def PL to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\PocketTunesPL-TNpt_Def_PL.PDB
    -- Backing up VeriChatFTAgent to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\VeriChatFTAgent.PRC
    -- Backing up VeriChatAuxApp to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\VeriChatAuxApp.PRC
    -- Backing up VeriChat to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\VeriChat.PRC
    -- Backing up VeriChatFileBrowser.prc to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\VeriChatFileBrowser_prc.PRC
    -- Backing up VeriChatShortcut00 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\VeriChatShortcut00.PRC
    -- Backing up IMTransferLibrary-TMs5 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\IMTransferLibrary-TMs5.PRC
    -- Backing up AddressZipDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\AddressZipDB.PDB
    -- Backing up VeriChatUtils to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\VeriChatUtils.PRC
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts.PRC
    -- Backing up VeriChatPDTDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\VeriChatPDTDB.PDB
    -- Backing up VeriChatProfDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\VeriChatProfDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up Queries to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Queries.PDB
    -- The database for PocketTunes.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 02/14/07 17:12:05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HotSync operation started for Ayana on 02/14/07 17:00:22

- Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\VeriChat.prc
    OK Install
    Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed

Protocol Error: The requested command is not supported (4019)
    Quick Install - Sync configured to Do Nothing.
    VersaMail
    - Sync configured to Do Nothing
    Tasks - sync configured to Do Nothing
    Memos - sync configured to Do Nothing
    Calendar - sync configured to Do Nothing
    Contacts - sync configured to Do Nothing
    -- Backing up CurrentCarrier to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\CurrentCarrier.PDB
    -- Backing up CarrierProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\CarrierProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\NetworkDB.PDB
    -- Backing up MultiMail Messages to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MultiMail_Messages.PDB
    -- Backing up MultiMail Disconnected to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MultiMail_Disconnected.PDB
    -- Backing up MultiMail Attachments to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MultiMail_Attachments.PDB
    -- Backing up WordToGoFonts to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\WordToGoFonts.PDB
    -- Backing up midataidcache to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\midataidcache.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\NetworkProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up Pocket Tunes Radio Groups to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Pocket_Tunes_Radio_Groups.PDB
    -- Backing up Pocket Tunes Radio Presets to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Pocket_Tunes_Radio_Presets.PDB
    -- Backing up PocketTunesPL-TNpt Def PL to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\PocketTunesPL-TNpt_Def_PL.PDB
    -- Backing up DXTGAttachmentPlugin to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\DXTGAttachmentPlugin.PRC
    -- Backing up SheetToGo to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\SheetToGo.PRC
    -- Backing up DocsToGo to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\DocsToGo.PRC
    -- Backing up WordView+ to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\WordView_.PRC
    -- Backing up SS_P2P to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\SS_P2P.PRC
    -- Backing up usbhelper to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\usbhelper.PRC
    -- Backing up PocketTunes to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\PocketTunes.PRC
    -- Backing up WP_P2P to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\WP_P2P.PRC
    -- Backing up PhoneCallDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\PhoneCallDB.PDB
    -- Backing up CalendarLocationsDB-PDat to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\CalendarLocationsDB-PDat.PDB
    -- Backing up DSLib to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\DSLib.PRC
    -- Backing up pnoJpegLib to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\pnoJpegLib.PRC
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- The database for MMUpgrade.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    -- The database for Pocket_Tunes_pnoJpegLib.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    -- The database for pTunes_Set_MTP_Mode.PDB was deleted on the handheld. Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 02/14/07 17:01:11

HotSync operation started for Ayana on 02/14/07 16:06:35

OK Restore
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\CarrierProfiles.pdb
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\DocsToGo.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\DSLib.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\DXTGAttachmentPlugin.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\MMUpgrade.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\NetworkProfiles.pdb
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\PocketTunes.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\PocketTunespnoJpegLib.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\SelectMTPMode.pdb
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\SheetToGo.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\SS_P2P.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\WordToGo.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\WP_P2P.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Install\WTGFontPackage.pdb
    OK Install
    Quick Install - Sync configured to Do Nothing.
    OK Tasks
    OK Memos
    OK Calendar
    OK Contacts
    -- Backing up locLDefLocationDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\locLDefLocationDB.PDB
    -- Backing up ConnectionMgr50DB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\ConnectionMgr50DB.PDB
    -- Backing up locLCusLocationDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\locLCusLocationDB.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache0 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MMIDCache0.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache1 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MMIDCache1.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache2 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MMIDCache2.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache3 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MMIDCache3.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache4 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MMIDCache4.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache5 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MMIDCache5.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache6 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MMIDCache6.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache7 to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MMIDCache7.PDB
    -- Backing up HSTraceDatabase to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\HSTraceDatabase.PDB
    -- Backing up MSLSA Data to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MSLSA_Data.PDB
    -- Backing up PhoneCallDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\PhoneCallDB.PDB
    -- Backing up AddressCitiesDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\AddressCitiesDB.PDB
    -- Backing up AddressCompaniesDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\AddressCompaniesDB.PDB
    -- Backing up AddressCountriesDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\AddressCountriesDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Blazer Cookies to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\Blazer_Cookies.PDB
    -- Backing up PhoneFavorites2DB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\PhoneFavorites2DB.PDB
    -- Backing up System Ring Tones to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\System_Ring_Tones.PDB
    -- Backing up MIDI Ring Tones to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\MIDI_Ring_Tones.PDB
    -- Backing up System MIDI Sounds to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\System_MIDI_Sounds.PDB
    -- Backing up AddressStatesDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\AddressStatesDB.PDB
    -- Backing up AddressTitlesDB to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Ayana\Backup\AddressTitlesDB.PDB
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 02/14/07 16:07:46
    Blessed beyond measure!
    anyone?
    ive been seaching the threads and it seems like this error comes up b/c of tomtom and i dont even have that program on my phone
    the only third party software i put on was verichat, technician, and ptunes
    Blessed beyond measure!
    If you are happy with the PIM data that is now on the 650, I would now do a clean install process to see what software is causing the glitch and to get your 650 up and fully functioning.

This will involve a hot sync to back up, a hard reset to clean, the rename of the backupfolder to prevent any 3rd party software from being added back, a hot sync to bring the PIM data back and then a one by one fresh re-install of the 3rd party programs you want. Install one, wait a day, see what happens -- if all is well, install the next. . . . repeat. (Get latest versions!) (I have not used VeriChat -- but at one point in time a forum member nicknamed it VeriCrash . . . . I would review the VeriChat threads to learn more -- the nickname may no longer be justified.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/15/2007 at 08:10 AM.
    thanks dude
    it was phone technician
    i guess it doesnt work well with the 650
    Blessed beyond measure!
    Thanks for this great thread. I have a Treo 680 (which presumably can benefit from above instructions) which has a clock freeze problem (does that each time I change the time) so I did as instructed above. Got my Contacts and Calendar back but my SMS/text message history log is all lost. Not vital I know but would like to know if there is a way to restore that?

EDIT: Tried to but and paste all SMS files from old backup folder to new one but still did not restore SMS messages despite changing Hotsync to use Backup Desktop and Handheld and I could see each individual SMS and database being transferred over, it does not show on Treo after, I have the other old Treo 680 if there's a way to transfer those messages across?
    Last edited by Chooi; 04/21/2007 at 11:09 AM.
    Did you check your backup folder for the SMS database?
    I've been trying to get my "memopad" data from my Palm Tungsten C to my Treo 680, but have been totally unsuccessful, and have almost rendered my Treo 680 a brick on a number of occasions.

I've also tried beaming the info from the Tungsten C to the Treo 680, but that doesn't work (I've tried turning the phone function off, and then beaming; the Treo 680 senses something, but can't make sense of it; the Tungsten C then times out)..

Any other suggestions?

Are the two memo pads even compatible?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12