1.    #1  
    I purchased a Treo 650 that is supposed to be unlocked and unbranded. However, although there is not branding software or hardware, the Cingular store where I got my SIM tells me its locked. I get the message "SIM Card Not Allowed" - "Your phone can not be used with this SIM card" when I try to use the phone.

Firmware: 01.28
    Software: Treo650-1.13-ROW
    Hardware: A

How can I tell if it is locked or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you trying to use a Cingular SIM card?
  3.    #3  
    I signed up with Cingular and got their SIM and tried it in the 650 and I got that message. I tried the SIM in my wifes Cingular phone and it worked no problem. Also tried a T-Mobile SIM and got the same SIM message. I just have no way of telling what service it is locked with. If it is locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weege
    I signed up with Cingular and got their SIM and tried it in the 650 and I got that message. I tried the SIM in my wifes Cingular phone and it worked no problem. Also tried a T-Mobile SIM and got the same SIM message. I just have no way of telling what service it is locked with. If it is locked.
    Did you try your wife's SIM in your phone or your SIM in your wife's phone?
  5.    #5  
    Yep,tried mine in hers and it worked fine. Tried hers in mine and got the same SIM message.
    It sounds like that the phone is locked-up. I think you are going to need a PUK number to unlock the phone. Cingular should be able to give this to you.